After the Game Move - Buchholz to DL and Melancon up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

After the Game Move - Buchholz to DL and Melancon up

Agreeing with Moon on this one, because the bullpen is fried, Melancon will be up after the game and Buchholz will go on the DL. When it's Buchholz' turn, they will bring up Germano, Duckworth or someone from Pawtucket. 

They don't have a choice. Period.

Maybe AGON should pitch, after going 0 for 7 (and counting) and being paid $20M per. (Facetious)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: After the Game Move - Buchholz to DL and Melancon up

I disagree if any one is going to the DL it should be Beckett, he'd be able to go on it retroactive to April 29th and he's dealing with an actual injury.

If you want to get rid of Buch, just option him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: After the Game Move - Buchholz to DL and Melancon up:
    [QUOTE]I disagree if any one is going to the DL it should be Beckett, he'd be able to go on it retroactive to April 29th and he's dealing with an actual injury. If you want to get rid of Buch, just option him.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

JB-3 - With their bullpen the way it is, they may need to DL both of them at this point, bring up two relievers, and when their turns come bring up Duckworth/Germano to start the next games in line for Beckett and Buchholz. 
    Keep in mind the next two games are Doubront (Average start 5.0 IP) and Bard (Average start - 6 IP). I think you will see two relievers up and at least one of those guys DL'd.

Regardless, the team is finished.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Finished is a bit extreme, although things certainly don't look good.  Is there a reason they were saving Mortenson today?  I'm thinking either he's hurt or they're planning on him taking Cook's (Beckett's) spot in the rotation.  The 3 IP yesterday didn't stop Atchison from pitching today.  I absolutely don't want Melancon called up because they need someone who can give them multiple innings.  Tazawa is that pitcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhgrad. Show unhgrad's posts

The Sox have mediocre starting pitching at best. At least the way they are performing right now. None of them would be a number one starter for any team. Buchholz has looked like a minor league pitcher since last year. No way this team can compete with the number of runs the starters give up. With their average offensive punch it is even more difficult. I think this should be a year to test out the young future stars and make it a building year. They just have no excitement among them and seem to lack enthusiasm. Compare their on field emotion to the Rays or Orioles. They need some hungry players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Agree, good post JB. Taz gets the call.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

DO NOT BRING OPPIE BACK

REPEAT UNDER NO CONDITIONS SHOULD OPPIE BE ALLOWED BACK

OUR PEN IS ACTUALLY DECENT NOW THAT HE'S GONE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

and anyone wonders why Papelbon bolted as fast as he could out of Boston?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Melancon is a short reliever. Sox probably need a long man for tomorrow night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]and anyone wonders why Papelbon bolted as fast as he could out of Boston?
    Posted by soxfan1967[/QUOTE]

I believe that mystery has been solved by about 52 million reasons.........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Option Buchholtz to low A ball, forget about him for years, and make him work his way back, if ever. The Kid is toast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox have mediocre starting pitching at best. At least the way they are performing right now. None of them would be a number one starter for any team. Buchholz has looked like a minor league pitcher since last year. No way this team can compete with the number of runs the staters give up. With their average offensive punch it is even more difficult. I think this should be a year to test out the young future stars and make it a building year. They just have no excitement among them and seem to lack enthusiasm. Compare their on field emotion to the Rays or Orioles. They need some hungry players.
    Posted by unhgrad[/QUOTE]

Hard to show emotion when you don't win. Losing has become the norm thus far. But I see your point. This team has no unity. It all stems from last yrs collaspe and having done nothing to rid themselves of its troubles. Beckett, Youk, Bucholz, Salty, Lacky to name a few should have been moved if possible. But don't fret too much, same thing is happening over in New York. All the spending and lack of quality talent is starting to catch up to be organizations. Whereas other teams suffered playing their youth for a few yrs but getting them experience, (the sox and yanks refused that route and bought whatever so called talent was available) it is now starting to pan out for these other teams perhaps.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

From ESPN.com on Buchholz: Perhaps that is the case and Buchholz still has it in him to be an effective pitcher once again. But the Red Sox cannot endure much more of this before getting to the root of Buchholz's issues. That may require time on the disabled list, whether he is hurt or not, or a move to the bullpen. Almost any alternative will do, for Buchholz is up in John Lackeyterritory. Actually, it's worse -- Lackey's ERA after six starts last year was "only" 7.16. Buchholz's has climbed to 9.05 after he was lit up for five runs in just 3 2/3 innings of Sunday's loss. 

The right-hander has surrendered 47 hits (10 of them homers) in only 32 2/3 innings. He has struck out just one more batter (20) than he has walked (19).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think mentally that once a guy's ERA is above 6, there is no discernable difference from say 7 to 9.  I mean, Oppie's ERA is 49.50, Buck's is 9-something - neither are not major league pitchers.....