Again I ask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Again I ask

Where is Ellsbury?  I realize Ortiz's foot is a problem even though he doesn't even play the field.  And Youk is still out of action from (I assume) being unable to step on the first base bag without hurting himself.  But what's up with Ellsbury?  Are there no Trot Nixons left on this team?  No one plays through an injury?  The current players make Manny look good. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Re: Again I ask

In Response to Again I ask:
    Where is Ellsbury?  I realize Ortiz's foot is a problem even though he doesn't even play the field.  And Youk is still out of action from (I assume) being unable to step on the first base bag without hurting himself.  But what's up with Ellsbury?  Are there no Trot Nixons left on this team?  No one plays through an injury?  The current players make Manny look good. 
    Posted by fenwayjack2

Either you are right, or the people close to the player and the trainers and the doctors are right.   Exactly. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: Again I ask:
    In Response to Again I ask : Either you are right, or the people close to the player and the trainers and the doctors are right.   Exactly. 
    Posted by OhEFFU

These guys can tie their shoes without getting hurt.   Maybe they should attend a dozen or so Boston Bruins games.   And you still didn't answer my question as to why is Ellbsury not playing.  I don't often watch the games anymore but I check the box score and he's missing.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

gee, I questioned the Sox medical staff and I got assaulted for impersonating a Doctor. Ortiz's heel is going to be a problem for him the rest of the season, it's not going away. That's why he needed to play through it, or he must learn how to play through it. Ellsbury broke 8 ribs, and Youkilis became an old 30-something in a hurry....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Elslbury broke 8 ribs?  How?  Hit by a bus?  Seriously, what is wrong with him now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

In Response to Re: Again I ask : These guys can tie their shoes without getting hurt.   Maybe they should attend a dozen or so Boston Bruins games.   And you still didn't answer my question as to why is Ellbsury not playing.  I don't often watch the games anymore but I check the box score and he's missing.  
    Posted by fenwayjack2

He got drilled in the back with a fastball - I mean, didn't you hear?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

You might have missed it, but he got drilled in the back by a pitch the other day. And since he's not playing, I'd say it's fair to assume he's hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

he died, the Sox just haven't released the memo yet. They will say he goes on the 15-Day DL...The funeral will take place when he is moved to the 30-day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: Again I ask : He got drilled in the back with a fastball - I mean, didn't you hear?
    Posted by OhEFFU

I just googled it and learned he sustained a contusion which is really nothing more than a bad bruise.  And he's still out in the last leg of a pennant race?  Well, Bucholtz shows no signs of returning and he only suffered a back strain, so why should I be surprised.  It's a good goddamn thing for baseball players that they don't have real jobs to show up for. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

fenway, I agree, but it is what it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

In Response to Re: Again I ask : I just googled it and learned he sustained a contusion which is really nothing more than a bad bruise.  And he's still out in the last leg of a pennant race?  Well, Bucholtz shows no signs of returning and he only suffered a back strain, so why should I be surprised.  It's a good goddamn thing for baseball players that they don't have real jobs to show up for. 
    Posted by fenwayjack2

Well, I guess I know how you feel, on the one hand - they're spoiled millionaires, etc.  I work hard for a living too.  But I don't feel that strongly about it - it was a wicked knock, and they're resting him, so he can be in good shape for that stretch - I don't have the same problem with it you do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

Ellsbury wanted to play, tito said not today, check out the pre game interview.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd like to see:

2) Crawford
    3) Pedroia
    4) AGon
    5) Lavarnway (?)

Tito is treating Crawford a lot like Drew by placing him in the no-mans land of the order. While that is okay when we have Youk and Ortiz healthy I think now its a necessity to put Carl in an important spot - and who know's it may trigger something positive.

I know I have said it a million times this week but nobody is listening.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Ellsbury cant be cleared until Boras approves the 25 angled MRI's. More MRI's are scheduled for Teusday in Houston home of obscene profits.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Ellsbury cant be cleared until Boras approves the 25 angled MRI's. More MRI's are scheduled for Teusday in Houston home of obscene profits.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

Yeah, if he was subject to Obamacare, they'd just give him some pain pills, and tell him to eat his peas!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Again I ask : I just googled it and learned he sustained a contusion which is really nothing more than a bad bruise.  And he's still out in the last leg of a pennant race?  Well, Bucholtz shows no signs of returning and he only suffered a back strain, so why should I be surprised.  It's a good goddamn thing for baseball players that they don't have real jobs to show up for. 
    Posted by fenwayjack2

So because u now know what a contision is, You know exactly how Ells is feeling? Thanks Doctor..Ells will be in the lineup tonight from what I hear and Buch has a great possibility of being back for the playoffs...You should try getting hit with a 90+mph FB in the back before you start criticizing these ballplayers..who , im guessing, are tougher than you or me...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Depending where exactly in the back Ellsbury was hit, the muscles in his back probably tightened up pretty bad. Hitting a round ball with a round bat squarely is pretty hard to do healthy. If they play hurt and play poorly because of it, they are selfish, if the medical staff sits them down they are coddled.

Considering how many games Ellsbury has played this year before the HBP I think bringing this subject up is kind of off target.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

five, I would rather have the "selfish" player, even if that describes Youkilis.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

For once, I think Terry and Theo have a plan.  Yes, they are treating their players like wussies...but think about it.  We could pretty much sleepwalk into the playoffs at this point, barring any really catastophic callapse.  Wouldn't it be better to go into them with a healthy and rested group of guys, rather than a tired and bruised group?  If giving Jacoby, Youk, Ortiz and whomever else might need copious amounts of time off the TLC they need to get us a healthy 1-5 in the line-up, I'm OK with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The hot team wins the series, if you think putting your best team out there at the last game of the regular season you risk being cold. That's all.

Having said that, a lot of these guys have real injuries they aren't simply sitting on the pine.

I am more concerned about the starters being treated like paper dolls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I'd like to see: 2) Crawford 3) Pedroia 4) AGon 5) Lavarnway (?) Tito is treating Crawford a lot like Drew by placing him in the no-mans land of the order. While that is okay when we have Youk and Ortiz healthy I think now its a necessity to put Carl in an important spot - and who know's it may trigger something positive. I know I have said it a million times this week but nobody is listening.
    Posted by BurritoT

Funny, I was just discussing this with my dad last night and this was the lineup we suggested..I think it would work with all the injuries right now..couldnt hurt..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Posted by fenwayjack2

Els is back Tuesday and for the record, Buchholtz didn't "only" suffer a back strain. It's a stress fracture.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

For once, I think Terry and Theo have a plan.  Yes, they are treating their players like wussies...but think about it.  We could pretty much sleepwalk into the playoffs at this point, barring any really catastophic callapse.  Wouldn't it be better to go into them with a healthy and rested group of guys, rather than a tired and bruised group?  If giving Jacoby, Youk, Ortiz and whomever else might need copious amounts of time off the TLC they need to get us a healthy 1-5 in the line-up, I'm OK with it.
    Posted by pennasoxfan67

I'm not worried about the position players I'm worried about the bullpen,they  treat bard & paps ok, but they are gonna burn out some arms come October, & the sox could be in real trouble

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

he died, the Sox just haven't released the memo yet. They will say he goes on the 15-Day DL...The funeral will take place when he is moved to the 30-day.
    Posted by dannycater

problem is, the medical staff misdiagnosed the rigor mortis.  They said its just a sore back.  This is going to be a big problem quick, as a decaying corpse will really stink up a clubhouse.  Hopefully Boras will get a second opinion.  If necessary he can get Ells back to Arizona ... to the cryogenic facility that is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The reports of Ellsbury's demise were greatly exaggerated. He is not quite dead yet. 

Sections
Shortcuts