AGon = ballplayer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

AGon = ballplayer

How many full time first basemen could or would play RF to make room for the DH and make two good catches? Not Youk, Teixeira, Fielder (who can't play 1b either), Pena, Pujols--that's for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: AGon = ballplayer

In Response to AGon = ballplayer:
    How many full time first basemen could or would play RF to make room for the DH and make two good catches? Not Youk, Teixeira, Fielder (who can't play 1b either), Pena, Pujols--that's for sure.
    Posted by maxbialystock

AGon is struggling but I'm still glad we finally got him.  He's the type of team player and hitter that helps team chemistry.  Like "Manny was" hitters like Adrian don't stay down on themselves too long.  Eventually pitchers will pay for their frustrations.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Posted by maxbialystock

You do realize Youk has played the OF?????? 22 to be exact 20 in LF and 2 in RF

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: AGon = ballplayer:
    In Response to AGon = ballplayer : You do realize Youk has played the OF??????
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

I guess you missed those games?  I'll assume that you did.  He was pretty hapless out there.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

BTW he had 4 Assists in 22 games and 1 error with a total of 42 chances, 156 innings Overall he was not as hapless as you may wish us to think.

Do you ever check any facts?????????????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Again, keep up the insults and personal attacks.

Here was the original post:

"How many full time first basemen could or would play RF to make room for the DH and make two good catches? Not Youk, Teixeira, Fielder (who can't play 1b either), Pena, Pujols--that's for sure. "

This implies playing the position COMPETENTLY.

I am sure Darnell MacDonald good actually pitch too but that doesn't make him a competent pitcher now too........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

BTW he had 4 Assists in 22 games and 1 error with a total of 42 chances, 156 innings Overall he was not as hapless as you may wish us to think. Do you ever check any facts?????????????
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Wow.  Errors and Assists tell the entire story of an OF'ers ability to field his position effectively.  Got ya.  Thank you so much for being a "fact checker" for all of us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Gonzalez is only playing RF because it is God's will.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: AGon = ballplayer : Wow.  Errors and Assists tell the entire story of an OF'ers ability to field his position effectively.  Got ya.  Thank you so much for being a "fact checker" for all of us.
    Posted by andrewmitch

You said he was hapless where is your facts that he was hapless?
    I bet you had no idea it was 22 games and he had 4 Assists. That would come to 30 assists over a full year. It was strictly your opinion he was hapless. I stated the facts show he was far from hapless. I can only go by the facts as I do not remember the games he played and doubt you do as well. You used opinion based upon what you remember from a few years ago. For just using an opinion you are a pin head.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wow, you got me there.  Watch the games.  See how many more times he plays the OF.  Then ask yourself why not?

Until then, see ya!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Wow, you got me there.  Watch the games.  See how many more times he plays the OF.  Then ask yourself why not? Until then, see ya!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch

Now you talk about the future and how well he will play. Gee considering he has been hurt and he is now 33 I don't see him playing the OF at all for the RS.
    Just saying your opinions based in a fantasy world suk.

BTW how do you know he never made two great catches? Do you have video?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The original post was "Foward Looking"......

Do you really want to build a team based on what guys COULD do several years ago?

that's it, I am done, this is pointless

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by SpacemanEephus

And he's honoring God quite well in the way he's playing!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to "Re: AGon = ballplayer":
    In Response to AGon = ballplayer : You do realize Youk has played the OF?????? 22 to be exact 20 in LF and 2 in RF Posted by JimfromFlorida
    Yes, I did know. Youks ineptitude in the OF is exhibit A for the prosecution.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: AGon = ballplayer : And he's honoring God quite well in the way he's playing!
    Posted by SinceYaz

God is no doubt pleased with his solid reads.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

Posted by maxbialystock
     How do you know?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to "Re: AGon = ballplayer":
    In Response to AGon = ballplayer :  How do you know? Posted by NHBALLFAN
    None of the others has done it--including the two good grabs--and most or all wouldn't even try.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I posted on another thread and I feel this might give us a shot at seeing whether Youk can be marketed successfullu.

Youk at 1 B
    Middy at 3 B
    Ortiz the DH 
    AGon in RF

I did see his two catches in RF Sat. night--they were exceptional for someone with limited time in the OF.

I would try this experiment this week in Baltimore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I posted on another thread and I feel this might give us a shot at seeing whether Youk can be marketed successfullu. Youk at 1 B Middy at 3 B Ortiz the DH  AGon in RF I did see his two catches in RF Sat. night--they were exceptional for someone with limited time in the OF. I would try this experiment this week in Baltimore.
    Posted by MadMc44

Totally unfair to AGon.  He is a $20M player who has won more than one gold glove at 1B, plus he doesn't have much in the way of wheels, which most people think are important for an outfielder.  Besides, the combo of Nava, Sweeney, and Ross has been pretty good. 

I was in favor of moving Middlebrooks to SS, but Aviles is hitting well and handles that job a lot better than Middlebrooks would have. 

Now that Middlebrooks seems to be hitting again, Youk is a problem.  A nice problem but a problem nevertheless. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

max---NDI---I think AGon could beat Ross in a 100 Yard race today after Ross' foul off his shin. This would not normally be a thought but in Balt. over the next few days it might be worth a gamble. In addition 1 B is where Youk needs to be for the next few days to audition.

If a guy is making $21 M he better be willing to help the team win the way the manager feels he can help the most. He's a team guy--I haven't heard him complain about playing RF this weekend. If you put Lin or Byrd out there covering the alleys he'll be fine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Not going to happen.  With Ortiz at DH, AGon will stay at 1B even if Ross goes on the DL.  I think Aviles in the OF and Iglesias at SS is more likely. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Posted by SpacemanEephus

Oh no you dih-unt!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts