Agon needs to take a seat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Agon needs to take a seat

Hate to see this guy out of the lineup given what his defense is. Last nights end of game play as prime example. But he is dragging and needs a day. He was fun to watch in the all star game, but it seemed to drain him. Let him sit today and even DH tomorrow. That's 2 full days not playing the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Agon needs to take a seat

I think now that Crawford is coming back, this will happen soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Agon needs to take a seat:
    Hate to see this guy out of the lineup given what his defense is. Last nights end of game play as prime example. But he is dragging and needs a day. He was fun to watch in the all star game, but it seemed to drain him. Let him sit today and even DH tomorrow. That's 2 full days not playing the field.
    Posted by rkarp

Sorry, but a lot of the posters here will tell you that you have to play to win every game and you can never afford to let one of your big players sit out a game.  Francona's biggest fault is trying to give his guys a rest from time to time.  You can't look at the long term. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

lol! yeah he could use a day but if tito sits him tonight I will be totally shocked. and if he does, who's gonna play first. papi is down for 3 games. naw, it's good wishful thinking but I think that wild horses couldn't stop Agon from suiting up tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Youk=1B
    Navarro=3B
    Crawford=LF

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Here is the lineup:

RED SOX (57-36)
    Ellsbury DH
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Reddick CF
    Crawford LF
    Saltalamacchia C
    Drew RF
    Scutaro SS

Pitching: RHP Tim Wakefield (5-3, 4.74)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: Agon needs to take a seat:
    Here are the lineups: RED SOX (57-36) Ellsbury DH Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Reddick CF Crawford LF Saltalamacchia C Drew RF Scutaro SS Pitching: RHP Tim Wakefield (5-3, 4.74)
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I like using Ells as a DH tonight...considering he is coming off 3 games on the turf at the Trop. need to keep his legs fresh.....pretty sure you will see Youk DH one of the other games and then he will probably either DH Agon or Crawford dependant on how Craws legs are feeling and/or Agon seems to break out again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Cr-oh-for-d got one whole bloop hit in his stint at Pawtucket.
    Whoo! Hoo!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Bill,

I dont want to be the manager. I do want Agon healthy and productive the rest of the season. The guy made the cross country trip to the all star game, was in the derby, and played the game. That is 3 days that he did not rest. A tired player can develop bad habits or risk injury. A-gon will still get his 150-152 games this year. I simply feel now is the time to give him one of those days off.
    I also don't doubt Francona. However, I also feel many of the players argue a point with Francona and win the arguement. I would not be surprised if Francona wants to rest Agon, but Agon doesn't want to sit. I happen to think that Agon needs to sit to regroup and recover. 1 day off, 1 day DH.
    After Agon, it's Youk's turn. Then it's Pedroia's turn.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

He had Wednesday and Thursday off, plus he took a game off before the all star break.  He doesn't need one now just because he is in a mini slump.  He just needs to get a few hits.  You can't hit your way out of a slump from the bench.  Plus, there is no way you take him out of the line up against Baltimore and that little park.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

As someone who travels alot for business.....fling from Boston to Arizona, doind the HR derby on Monday the game on Tuesday with tall the press.....then flying back to boston and then to Tampa is not exactly relaxing...even in 1st class. Being on the beach in Miami ala Jeter...now that is relaxing. No One wants Agons bat out of the Lineup but a day at DH, with Youk at 1st(since Ortiz is suspended) makes perfect sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Cr-oh-for-d got one whole bloop hit in his stint at Pawtucket. Whoo! Hoo!
    Posted by tbrod

But the season of Futurama is awesome!

What? I thought it was time for totally random, having nothing to do with the thread posts...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Um Genius, try reading the post before mine.
    It mentions Cr-oh for-d and the condition of his legs.
    Now get a life. Messenging the moderators? Wow!
    I bet you used to rat people out for smoking, when you were in school.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

even with the all star game (what did he play? 3,4 innings?) he still had 2 days of rest after that.  This man is a good hitter but he's not god, lets not freak out because he has had 2............2 hitless games in a row.   He's Human, he can't go 2-4 every night. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

throw the stats out the window including his 1 for 15. his swing is slower than before the break and while he has always been a step slow, he looks a step and half slow the past 2 days.
    I dont get the issue? Agon is going to play 150-155 games. He will sit a half dozen games. What is the problem sitting tonight or tomorrow?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Um Genius, try reading the post before mine. It mentions Cr-oh for-d and the condition of his legs. Now get a life. Messenging the moderators? Wow! I bet you used to rat people out for smoking, when you were in school.
    Posted by tbrod

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sensitive much?

Yes, I literally 'messenged' the mods.

And, yes, Crawford was mentioned, in relation to Gonzalez, who the thread is about. But that's ok, you don't have any issues. Me? I have plenty, denial not being one of them. You?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A-Gon is fine.  He is just in a small slump.

Some people need to be more patient.  Geez, I cannot imagine how some of you survived waiting at the DMV or a local supermarket.  j/k  Wink 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am still waiting on Francona to give Agon a day off. Looking at Aug 1st for Lester and Buch to be back and runnung strong and team needs Agon and Youk ready. Both need a day or two. Beckett(illness) Lester (injury) Buch (injury) Papi (susp) Pedroia (all star break) all have had a slight break/rest to renergize. Youl, Agon have not. EVen Ellbury got a day at DH. Time to sit Agon and then Youk for all to be ready for the stretch run.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

THANKS TO ALL YOU WANNABEEEEE  MANAGERS..... LET'S LEAVE IT TO TITO TO FIGURE OUT !!
    Posted by Bill-806

i disagree bill(theo); tito needs all the help he can get.
    i do agree that a-gon needs a blow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

That is why many MLB players don't want to participate in the home-run derby.
    Many times they have a similar type of slump that Gonzalez is having. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

That is why many MLB players don't want to participate in the home-run derby. Many times they have a similar type of slump that Gonzalez is having. 
    Posted by susan250

I am not saying that Agon is slumping. I am saying that he is having more swing and miss pitches, he is fouling off a lot of pitches to the 3rd base side. He looks simply a little sluggish at the plate.
    Assuming he will play 150-154 games this year, I am astounded that he has not taken a day, given the 2 days west coast travel time, derby, all star game. Same with Youk. Most likely Francona is waiting on Ortiz to return before he allocates some days off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

here's an idea; eliminate the HR derby from the AS schedule.
    it's actually boring and by removing it, you also remove chris berman. it's a win-win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

here's an idea; eliminate the HR derby from the AS schedule. it's actually boring and by removing it, you also remove chris berman. it's a win-win.
    Posted by the_yazzer

I agree with you.  Any ideas on what would replace the home run derby? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: Agon needs to take a seat : I agree with you.  Any ideas on what would replace the home run derby? 
    Posted by susan250

good question sue,

how about a longer celebrity softball game with better celebrities?

Sections
Shortcuts