Agon needs to take a seat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Agon needs to take a seat

you did notice how packed the stadium was for the derby at $50-$100 per ticket, right? These "events" are why teams want to be the host city. How many people show up to watch Laverne and Shirley hit a softball?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Ive been a bit worried watching his at bats post all styar game. hopefully he just needs a few days. the guy's has been beyond beleif. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Yazzer, I'm with you on whacking the home run derby. It is boring ... the only thing interesting about it this year was the Yankee-Red Sox angle in the final round. And I'm definitely all for giving Chris Berman less air time. But it won't happen ... apparently, the fans love it.

Gonzalez is in a major slump, no question. I don't know if it's derby related, but it's hard to deny the timing. He does need some time off, and hopefully when Ortiz returns we can spell him for a little.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

they said his swing was slow last night in the 8th.

he can always pick up his lighter bat.  he's not gonna sit -- Youk is getting the DH nod today.

//edit, oops, he IS DH'ing after all w/ Youk at 1B.  good call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Gonzalez prob. is that stupid home run derby. that thing screws up everyones swing for a while especially someone who is not a dead pull hitter

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: Agon needs to take a seat:
    [QUOTE]Yazzer, I'm with you on whacking the home run derby. It is boring ... the only thing interesting about it this year was the Yankee-Red Sox angle in the final round. And I'm definitely all for giving Chris Berman less air time. But it won't happen ... apparently, the fans love it. Gonzalez is in a major slump, no question. I don't know if it's derby related, but it's hard to deny the timing. He does need some time off, and hopefully when Ortiz returns we can spell him for a little.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

"apparently,the fans love it."

you're right---home run derbies always play well in stupid countries.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez prob. is that stupid home run derby. that thing screws up everyones swing for a while especially someone who is not a dead pull hitter
    Posted by feelec[/QUOTE]

this is just the conventional wisdom now.  but it's not provable.  it's pretty rare for a guy to stay hot for an entire season. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]you did notice how packed the stadium was for the derby at $50-$100 per ticket, right? These "events" are why teams want to be the host city. How many people show up to watch Laverne and Shirley hit a softball?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

instead of LAVERNE and SHIRLEY for celebrities, the powers that be invite 2 women much dumber and more entertaining--PALIN and BACHMANN.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe------. Show --The-Babe------'s posts

LOL....now the red flops nation wants to get rid of the HR Derby because it seeems to be affecting one of their own. 

Didn't hear any of this when the big pop off won it.

But 2-24 is pretty pathetic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]Agon ran out of his HGH he need a clean needle and a drug dealer to sell him some ped...
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

Now whats the point of this???

Agon is a great hitter, you saw it in the HR derby.  He didn't muscle bombs out, he hits them because he has such a nice smooth swing.  He's what 10th in the league in HR? but 1-3 in virtually everything else because of his ability to hit the ball.

In no way does he resemble someone using PED's (physical signs) has NEVER been even remotely speculated to use.  He's always been good, he's not one of those players that started playing well when he was 30.

Stop Hating. 

So if a player is using HGH because he is good, then by your logic....Robinson Cano must be using HGH as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]LOL....now the red flops nation wants to get rid of the HR Derby because it seeems to be affecting one of their own.  Didn't hear any of this when the big pop off won it. But 2-24 is pretty pathetic.
    Posted by --The-Babe------[/QUOTE]

Wow 5 posts now!  You are the man.  Agon is in a slump which all players go through.  Look at Tex.  You would think he DID participate in the homerun derby.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]LOL....now the red flops nation wants to get rid of the HR Derby because it seeems to be affecting one of their own.  Didn't hear any of this when the big pop off won it. But 2-24 is pretty pathetic.

Pathetic huh??? only a stankees fan would take that view.

I say he's a Human being who is susceptible to slumps like the rest of them.

If anything it's pretty impressive to go into slump like that and STILLLLLL  lead the A.L. in hits and AVG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

AGon has always been an everyday player and rarely takes a day off.  Between Sunday and Friday last week he participated in the home run derby and played 3 to 5 innings of baseball.  This could hardly be considered taxing. 

If he is tired, it's because of the 16 innings Sunday night, but everyone else is also tired, plus his slump started before Sunday.

He and Terry know best what he can and/or should do, and guess what?  He's playing today. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe------. Show --The-Babe------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Agon needs to take a seat : Now whats the point of this??? Agon is a great hitter, you saw it in the HR derby.  He didn't muscle bombs out, he hits them because he has such a nice smooth swing.  He's what 10th in the league in HR? but 1-3 in virtually everything else because of his ability to hit the ball. In no way does he resemble someone using PED's (physical signs) has NEVER been even remotely speculated to use.  He's always been good, he's not one of those players that started playing well when he was 30. Stop Hating.  So if a player is using HGH because he is good, then by your logic....Robinson Cano must be using HGH as well.

Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

LOL....that's never stopped some members of the red flops nation from proclaiming that about any Yankee who is doing well.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the guy does deserve a small slump..ever since his slow start he's been a man on fire...better to do this now against lousy teams than in Sept.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

They could sit him for a pair once Ortiz comes back....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Agon needs to take a seat : LOL....that's never stopped some members of the red flops nation from proclaiming that about any Yankee who is doing well. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

No thanks to Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi people will always speculate when a player does well.  Many Yankees have unfairly been accused, you are correct there......still not an excuse to turn around and do it to AGON.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]The AL finally caught up with A-gon... I knew it won't be long before they caught up to his pitch that he like.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

hey nyy, are all skankee fans as well versed as you and babe?
    i'm sure skankee fans are as proud of the posts you and babe write  on a SOX board as the tea-partyists are of the guys who write  the signs they display at their rallies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They're not going to sit him.  Granted, he's only had one or two games off this season, but I do not buy the fatigue thing as an argument.  If anything, Tito will find a way to DH him for a series.

He started the season batting .240-ish.  He bumped that up over 100 points, and now he's hitting .330-ish, after his mini-slump.  It's not the first time he's done this.

He'll be back to his form soon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hear AGon is DH'ing tonight with Youk at 1B and Navarro at 3rd.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe------. Show --The-Babe------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Agon needs to take a seat : No thanks to Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi people will always speculate when a player does well.  Many Yankees have unfairly been accused, you are correct there......still not an excuse to turn around and do it to AGON.

Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Funny, I don't remember you calling out the red flops nation when they say it about Yankees players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Agon needs to take a seat : Funny, I don't remember you calling out the red flops nation when they say it about Yankees players.

Guilty as charged....but how often am I really here compared to others????

Also it depends on who your talking about.  People like Giambi/Clemens/ARod were all but caught with a needle sticking at there A**** they deserve the critisizm they get....as does Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz.

You haven't heard me talk much about it because I tend to stay out of those conversations for the exact reason of what's happening here.  I name a player on your team accused or caught taking steroids....you name one on mine etc etc etc.  In my opinion Steroids where so rampant everyone pretty much cancels each other out, and team lines shouldn't intersect what is right or wrong....and taking a player like AGon for NOOOOOO reason and suggesting PED use is just a "trollish" thing to do.  I know you haven't done that here today however rather defended Yankee universe because they have (on top of Just accusations) had many unjust accusation's thrown at players. 

Sections
Shortcuts