AGon's bounce back has fizzled

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

AGon's bounce back has fizzled

.289 /  .335 /  .454  / .789  

One down year?  Hard to say,but those who worried about him seem vindicated.

Teix didn't just have a down year his OBP has stayed down.

AGon is 15th in MLB at 1B in OPS.  

OPS  2012

AGon  .789

Chris Davis  .791

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: AGon's bounce back has fizzled

Well... he's not wearing Sox uni anymore..

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

lol... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Meanwhile, Rizzo is raking for Theo's new team.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

It's funny how things can change in two years.

Hindsight is 20/20, and I loved the AGon acquisition at the time, BUT...one can't help but wonder how things might look different had we never made that trade with San Diego, and instead signed Beltre (or some other stopgap 3B to bridge to Middlebrooks) and kept Youk at his best position, 1B. Rizzo would now be ready to step in at first and Casey Kelly would be knocking on the door to our rotation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

This has been a stop gap team since 2008 and nothing but the names would have changed.  When the Sox went away from getting players who would mesh as a unit with no personality clashes...they were doomed. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Red Sox appear to be all set. They should have kept Lowrie, as the guy is proving in Houston that he is one of the best SS in MLB. He's had tough luck with injuries, with two DL stints this season that weren't his fault.

[/QUOTE]

maybe we should have kept him.  were the injuries kind of like getting a cracked rib colliding with a teammate?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hindsight is 20/20, and I loved the AGon acquisition at the time, BUT...one can't help but wonder how things might look different had we never made that trade with San Diego, and instead signed Beltre (or some other stopgap 3B to bridge to Middlebrooks) and kept Youk at his best position, 1B. Rizzo would now be ready to step in at first and Casey Kelly would be knocking on the door to our rotation.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it a lesson learned , or will we continue to go this route ?  It is always risky to trade good , young prospects for an All Star.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

A hot start makes all the difference - since June 24, Gonzalez and Josh Hamilton have identical OPS.

I think you have to credit some of the pitching Gonzalez has been facing recently - Matt Kemp has a .501 OPS since the trade.  Hanley Ramirez .672.  Compared to his team-mates, Gonzalez is shouldering the load, and I don't think any of these guys have lost their touch.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

A-Gon does have 16 RBIs in 21 games, which is an excellent pace.

He's batting .289 with 16 HRs and 102 RBIs. So a hot streak could get his average up to .300  and unless he goes ice cold, he'll end up batting better than .280 with around 110 RBIs and two more doubles will give him a career-high.

So A-Gon's bad year comes down to him hitting a few more home runs and walking a few more times. All players should have "bad" years like him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]

If only. Yes, that was the huge mistake. Beltre and Victor proved themselves worthy of being resigned. And of course keeping Youk at 1st was the best move. Agon was never needed here. The Sox had a good thing at the corners and at the plate. By the way, have you seen Beltre's numbers this season. And they could have kept all 3 for pennies.......ughhhhhh

[/QUOTE]

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to antiqueman1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Doesn't hindsight inform you that Youk went over the hill and will never be the player that he was and that VMart got injured and was useless for a year and could now be labeled as an injury risk. Hindsight is however a game that is unfair or disingenuous to play. Any moron can play that game since it requires no skill. No Gold Star for you.

If only. Yes, that was the huge mistake. Beltre and Victor proved themselves worthy of being resigned. And of course keeping Youk at 1st was the best move. Agon was never needed here. The Sox had a good thing at the corners and at the plate. By the way, have you seen Beltre's numbers this season. And they could have kept all 3 for pennies.......ughhhhhh

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] well, well piker,..back in the flesh huh? ;)

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When I respond to a post using the "reply to post" feature, I only see that post and mine. So how come when I see others respond to posts I see a whole list of back responses. That is ridiculous and clutters up the screen. It is like someone who replies in a debate to have to hear the entire debate over again. Hopefully  BDC will fix this problem.

[/QUOTE] some probably don't go the pasting route, i'm sure they try to, but sometimes you just post a reply and be done..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

One down year?  Hard to say,

Not really, look at his career median averages and his year to year plate work numbers. It's not hard to say, unless you were predisposed to say that.

Loney looks great......................................................

Red Sox appear to be all set. They should have kept Lowrie, as the guy is proving in Houston that he is one of the best SS in MLB. He's had tough luck with injuries, with two DL stints this season that weren't his fault.

With Loney, franchise player Ellsbury and Brentz on the way, the Red Sox offense will continue to be one of the best in all of MLB, again, next year, as it was, this year.

[/QUOTE] Please provide figures for Agon's career median averages

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

One down year?  Hard to say,

Not really, look at his career median averages and his year to year plate work numbers. It's not hard to say, unless you were predisposed to say that.

Loney looks great......................................................

With Loney, franchise player Ellsbury and Brentz on the way, the Red Sox offense will continue to be one of the best in all of MLB, again, next year, as it was, this year.

[/QUOTE]

Now there's a laugh, coming from you.  All you ever did was knock Lowrie ...

I realize this might be one of your ultra tongue in cheek posts ... but it was sure enough to catch my eye.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought that the thread was about AGon and not Lowrie, Loney, Brentz, Ellsbury, and Rizzo.

[/QUOTE]

Lowrie, Brentz and Ellsbury have nothing to do with AGon as he pertains to this trhead.  But, Loney and Rizzo are certainly an appropriate part of the conversation,no?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...the Red Sox offense will continue to be one of the best in all of MLB, again, next year, as it was, this year.

Sarcasm at its worst.

Our record when we don't score a lot vs the rest of the AL in the same runs scored situation:

Runs scored  Sox  Rest of AL

0               0-7      0-9

1              1-17   1-14

2-3           9-34   12-29

4               8-8     12-8

We've played almost the identical amount of games as the rest of the AL scoring 4 or less runs, but we have  gone 18-66 as the rest of the AL went 25-60.

Our staff has had difficulty helping us win low scoring games.

Out of the whole AL in 2012, there ahve only been 2 losses when the offense scored 12 or more runs: you guessed it- both are the Sox.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Quote. As the team goes so does the board - sox/bdc 2013!!!!!

btw, Whats the zipcode in ShouldaVille?

Sections
Shortcuts