AGon's bounce back has fizzled

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: AGon's bounce back has fizzled

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Meanwhile, Rizzo is raking for Theo's new team.

[/QUOTE]

Rizzo is hitting 296 with 13 homers and 43 RBI's in just three months of work with the Cubs.  Now look at us...we have Dodger total reject James Loneybaloney who can't with any power, can't run, can't hit for average and is a total cipher and deadbeat in the leadership and excitement department, and with a moron that we have for a GM it wouldn't surprise me one twit if Cherington the clown tries to resign this dud for next season.  He is just stupid and incompetent enough to do just that.  If he doesn't succomb to his temptation there is a good chance Loney is out of baseball next year just as Varitek and Wakefield would have been three years earlier had the Red Sox not pulled their chestnuts out of the fire since no other team every offered either one of them a contract.

In the case of the RedSox front office, that old battle call works best...WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND HE IS US, meaning our half-a@s front office.  Hey Prune Face Henry, sell the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Wish we kept Rizzo, instead of dealing him for Mr. Sourpuss, AGon.

Kid is fun to watch and has a personality. How nice it would have been to watch Rizzo and Middlebrooks, as the homegrown corner infielders, for years to come. Blend them with Bogaerts and Pedroia, and the entire infield would be from the farm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

It beggars belief that people criticise the Sox for "acquiring" James Loney.  Isn't it obvious that the Dodgers had no use for Loney once they had AGon and insisted they throw him into the deal to (slightly) offset the vast amount of money they were taking on from the Sox?

Or do people think that Cherry pounded on the table when the deal was nearly done and DEMANDED the Dodgers send us Loney too?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It beggars belief that people criticise the Sox for "acquiring" James Loney.  Isn't it obvious that the Dodgers had no use for Loney once they had AGon and insisted they throw him into the deal to (slightly) offset the vast amount of money they were taking on from the Sox?

Or do people think that Cherry pounded on the table when the deal was nearly done and DEMANDED the Dodgers send us Loney too?

We have no use for Loney  either.  He can't hit, he has no power, he can't run, and he has absolutely no charisma or leadership ability whatsoever.  We'd be better served if we could have put Lavarnway or Salty or even a minor leaguer there and DFA a ballplayer that we don't need and shouldn't have.   This is one guy who had better not be on the Red Sox next year.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Fred, I agree Loney is a poor player, a declining player, and overpaid at that.  But he was just a makeweight in the trade, don't worry, he won't be back with the Sox next year.

But I bet he gets a look in ST from someone if not a job....he wasn't too bad at his best and at 28 might be able to recover to the point where for a low salay he'd good value-for-money for a struggling team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fred, I agree Loney is a poor player, a declining player, and overpaid at that.  But he was just a makeweight in the trade, don't worry, he won't be back with the Sox next year.

But I bet he gets a look in ST from someone if not a job....he wasn't too bad at his best and at 28 might be able to recover to the point where for a low salay he'd good value-for-money for a struggling team.

Sonic, I don't care if Loney gets a job next season or not,  just as long as it is NOT with the Red Sox.  Since I have such a poor opinion of our GM I wouldn't put it past him to try and sign some o ther first baseman and then resign this bum because he doesn't want to pay more for someone else.  I just do not like Loney, never have and never understood why the Dodgers picked him No. 1 when it was clear that this guy was not your prototype first baseman and had a zero personality to go with it.  A perfectly miserable fit for Boston.  Thanks for your reply; for a moment I thought I had a Loney fan on my hands.

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

"for a moment I thought I had a Loney fan on my hands."

I think you mean looney.   ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Quote. As the team goes so does the board - sox/bdc 2013!!!!!

btw, Whats the zipcode in ShouldaVille?

[/QUOTE]

Nah.  Even when things are going swimmingly, the board has malcontents, major league second-guessers and all out po op slingers.  And that isn't including NYY fans who take delight in festering here. 

But, there are good eggs (not zeros on the scoreboard) here too.  Win, lose or whatevah, they keep the faith. 

But I've noticed that there are almost always more negativity anywhere else, too, than calm resolve to face and overcome the obstacles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A-Gon does have 16 RBIs in 21 games, which is an excellent pace.

He's batting .289 with 16 HRs and 102 RBIs. So a hot streak could get his average up to .300  and unless he goes ice cold, he'll end up batting better than .280 with around 110 RBIs and two more doubles will give him a career-high.

So A-Gon's bad year comes down to him hitting a few more home runs and walking a few more times. All players should have "bad" years like him.

Have you seen his numbers since he went to LA? They stink. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

What is with every post being repeated and, QUOTE, everywhere?

When will we be able to edit our own posts again?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is with every post being repeated and, QUOTE, everywhere?

When will we be able to edit our own posts again?

[/QUOTE]

It's horrible man.  Just looking through the posts gives me a headache.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[/QUOTE}