AGon's numbers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Re: AGon's numbers

Imagine dolt Calzone calling someone a troll! Only morons can't deal with a discussion and resort to calling someone a Yankee fan and/ or a troll.
    I've forgotten more Red Sox baseball than you know, pal.
    We need more posters with avitar of dead players.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: AGon's numbers:
    Imagine dolt Calzone calling someone a troll! Only morons can't deal with a discussion and resort to calling someone a Yankee fan and/ or a troll. I've forgotten more Red Sox baseball than you know, pal. We need more posters with avitar of dead players.
    Posted by rightymclefty

Agree with you there.  We're just talking Red Sox and messing with each other like people do.  

doesn't make you a troll because you don't think much of Agon.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Stronzolone, I've read how other posters think you're a turd.
    Go flush yourself, and stop trying to bring other posters into this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Snake, I think Agon has value.
    I just think he doesn't get big hits late. No complaints with anything else he brings to the table.
    We are having a fact based disussion, and this goon sticks his nose into it, without contributing squat to the discussion.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Wrong, idiot. YOU are boring and contribute NOTHING to any forum.
    Your posts consist of trying to bait other posters! You are useless here.
    Get a life, loser.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I heard you need to drop your pants to count to 21!
    Not that it's any of your business, but I don't know Drewski, except as a poster.
    I like his posts.
    Unlike you, he has a brain and contributes actual thoughts to this forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Once more, I'll ask the question. I don't give a rat's patoot what Gonzalez did in SD. Point out ONE big hit this season in late innings. Simple.
    Posted by rightymclefty

Maybe you don't care about what happened in SD, but some guy names rightymclefty posted this-

Really? Let's look at CAREER stats.
    Agon in 9th inning .274 .820 OPS

Maybe you and rightymclefty can discuss this further and get back to us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Yeah, like you never cherry picked stats.
    He doesn't hit in the 9th inning for his career, or extra inning.
    He hasn't this year, either.
    Prove me wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Rightymclefty is not out in mclefty field- he makes a good point. Gonzo has been gone zo from September 2011 til late July 2012. This isn't to say he stinks or he's a bum, but when you pay someone 22 mil to be a stud... he needs to be a stud. All this crap about RISP and late inning stats... numbers can lie. A hit, a run, a homer isn't always the same. Some players crush weak pitching, pile on in meaningless late inning at-bats, etc.

I give him credit for playing the game tough day in and day out and for not mailing it in this year, but he let's see if he shows his mettle in a pennant race.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Rightymclefty is not out in mclefty field- he makes a good point. Gonzo has been gone zo from September 2011 til late July 2012. This isn't to say he stinks or he's a bum, but when you pay someone 22 mil to be a stud... he needs to be a stud. All this crap about RISP and late inning stats... numbers can lie. A hit, a run, a homer isn't always the same. Some players crush weak pitching, pile on in meaningless late inning at-bats, etc. I give him credit for playing the game tough day in and day out and for not mailing it in this year, but he let's see if he shows his mettle in a pennant race.
    Posted by Wolfpack13

My response to lefty was just because in one post he was quoting career numbers, and the next post he was saying he doesn't care about career numbers.  You have to find that kind of funny.

IRT your post, the way I'd phrase it is that I've noticed it.  It's a way small sample, but certainly his results v the EE last year less than ideal.  I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.  He's kind of like Sabathia in this regard.  Even if he isn't great in the clutch, in a small sample, there is still a lot of value in having a guy deliver great results for the first 162 games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

Zero RBI and .100 BA in exra innings leads the team? 3 RBI and .171 in the 9th inning leads the team? No wonder why they stink! Agree 100% with Britt203. Gaudy numbers in garbage time. Lots of big stats early in games. Please, someone, tell me when Agon got a big hit late in a single game this season. Be honest.....is Adrian Gonzalez soemone you want at the plate, with the game on the line? Not me. I recall guys like Papi, Manny, Tony C and Dwight Evans hitting walkoff homers. Not Agon.
    Posted by rightymclefty
    agreed.  what are his numbers against the Yanks, TB and Balt. meaningless homer last night

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

being hindsight, if Theo Boy wonder hadn't made the trade, who would you rather have Pujols, Fielder or agon

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I'd rather have Rizzo.
    He's a kid with a great future, and a great story.
    He has charisma, and would have been a homegrown talent.
    How nice it would have been to watch Rizzo and Middlebrooks, as the future corner infielders in Boston.
    Plus, the team would have 22 million a year to spend on pitching.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Way off topic.... I just watched Giancarlo Stanton hit one into the back of the upper deck in Arizona.
    Does anyone hit the ball farther than this kid does?
    I thought Prince hit them deeper than anyone today, but this guy is even stronger.
    Now, if Softy wants to put a fantasy trade including Ellsbury for Stanton, I've all for it. LOL!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm late to this, but I'll just repeat what I said on another thread: I wish this team had four more Adrian Gonzalezes.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: AGon's numbers : yeh, than the SOX  could have revival meetings.
    Posted by mryazz

Brilliant as always.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts