Ahhh, never mind PEDS, Bautista's explosion explained?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ahhh, never mind PEDS, Bautista's explosion explained?

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/6837424/baseball-toronto-blue-jays-suspicion-again-stealing-signs-rogers-centre

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Ahhh, never mind PEDS, Bautista's explosion explained?

hey Space...It looks like we posted this within a minute of each other.I'm going to cancel my thread

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Ahhh, never mind PEDS, Bautista's explosion explained?:
    hey Space...It looks like we posted this within a minute of each other.I'm going to cancel my thread
    Posted by mrmojo1120

oh sorry, mojo, didnt mean to muscle in on your thunder (wait, is that a terrible twisting of expressions?)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

No problem Space,great minds think alike.
       I thought it was a pretty good article.I remember Girardi complaining about the Jays stealing signals and figured it was "sour grapes" for getting beat in Toronto.Seems like there's some pretty coincidental things going on in Rogers Centre though.
    What's your take on it? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

No problem Space,great minds think alike.    I thought it was a pretty good article.I remember Girardi complaining about the Jays stealing signals and figured it was "sour grapes" for getting beat in Toronto.Seems like there's some pretty coincidental things going on in Rogers Centre though. What's your take on it? 
    Posted by mrmojo1120

spacemanm & mrmojo, Toronto isn't much of a contender so they may need to find a few more of these tricks before really helping their cause :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

However interesting, there's no video to prove it. At least they didn't show any real video of the guy doing it. It's just another negative piece about MLB from ESPN. They must really miss their good old PED's hayday so ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I gotta say that the last few HR's he's hit off us since late last year in Toronto it seemed like he was sitting Dead Red - almost to the point he knew exactly what was coming......tough to judge - he could have just guessed right........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

However interesting, there's no video to prove it. At least they didn't show any real video of the guy doing it. It's just another negative piece about MLB from ESPN. They must really miss their good old PED's hayday so ...
    Posted by emp9

Thats a very good point emp, I hear a lot of talk but where are pictures of this "so called" man in "all white" giving signals?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Posted by emp9

No doubt emp.  The article itself points to the fact that everything besides opposing player's testimonials is cirumstantial right now.  But, the numbers are pretty interesting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

i think we should give it a year of catchers using multiple signs and see what the difference is

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I always find this stuff a little incredulous. There are so many Blue Jays from the last few years on other teams....wouldnt this stuff be confirmed all over the league, in which case wouldnt all teams be doing stuff to combat it and then why would Bautista still be leading the majors in Homers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I would think too, that no Home Plate ump caught this? No catcher has inadvertantly caught this? No camera? If it did, indeed so happened... kinda' have to tip your cap to him, right? I mean, the research he must have done. Let alone figuring out the signs themselves. I wonder if the Jays won more second games of series than first games of series? Hmmm...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

LOL I would look no further than someone on this very board! How bout you Scoobs?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I would think too, that no Home Plate ump caught this? No catcher has inadvertantly caught this? No camera? If it did, indeed so happened... kinda' have to tip your cap to him, right? I mean, the research he must have done. Let alone figuring out the signs themselves. I wonder if the Jays won more second games of series than first games of series? Hmmm...
    Posted by emp9

hahaha.  Yeah.  I am with you on that.  If it has any truth to it at all, it is just another in a long list of comendable cheating stories in the hostory of baseball.  I have always been of the camp that gives some respect to a pitcher who gets away with a good scuff or vaseline rub.  Its harder than it seems.  But I draw the line at corked bats!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

for every ball that batters made contact with in 2010, Rogers added .011 Homeruns, up from just .002 from '05-'09. that puts roger center in 2010 among the top 3 % of HR ballparks since 1950. But only the BLUE JAYS and not their opponents got the home run boost in TORONTO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Hmm, Bautista's numbers are sinisterly suspicious, but Jacoby becomes a 30 HR hitter overnight and it's just "developing as a player?"

Uh, OK.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

for every ball that batters made contact with in 2010, Rogers added .011 Homeruns, up from just .002 from '05-'09. that puts roger center in 2010 among the top 3 % of HR ballparks since 1950. But only the BLUE JAYS and not their opponents got the home run boost in TORONTO
    Posted by J-BAY

Yeah.  Totally circumstantial J-BAY, but very very interesting numbers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

There might be something fishy going on but here's my problem with this theory.  They mention that Bautista and Lind had much better home splits in 2010.  I'm sure you could find many players throughout the league that had as big or bigger differences in their home/road splits.

This yr Bautista's and Lind's splits aren't radically different:

Bautista:
    home - 16 HR's, 36 RBI, 1.155 OPS
    away - 17 HR's, 40 RBI, 1.030 OPS

Lind:
    home - 8 HR's, 21 RBI, .806 OPS
    away - 11 HR's, 39 RBI, .755 OPs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

API has some of the best juice vitamins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

ESPN: Beckett and Papelbon are the cause behind long games between the Sox and the Yankees.

ESPN: Bautista is getting signs about pitches. (Isn't that just another Yankee complaint?)

The Yankees must love ESPN. Just sayin'

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hmm, Bautista's numbers are sinisterly suspicious, but Jacoby becomes a 30 HR hitter overnight and it's just "developing as a player?" Uh, OK.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

easy..he doesnt even have 20 yet...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

ESPN: Beckett and Papelbon are the cause behind long games between the Sox and the Yankees. ESPN: Bautista is getting signs about pitches. (Isn't that just another Yankee complaint?) The Yankees must love ESPN. Just sayin'
    Posted by kimsaysthis

I'm just a hater I guess. ESPN is like the MTV of sports to me. Started-out pretty good and then tried to re-invent themselves (for none other than monetary reasons), less credible, more money, less substance, more sneakers, more boooty juice and bust-a-nut-bars, more graphics, less plot... etc and whatever. They got younger, I got older. I got smarter, they got dumber. They think they're cute and witty, I'm not impressed... etc and whatever.

MLBN is pretty good though! I have to say. Glad that happened finally.

I don't know. When Mike and MIKE start talking about Justin Beiber, I'm sorry... I got to turn the station.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

I always find this stuff a little incredulous. There are so many Blue Jays from the last few years on other teams....wouldnt this stuff be confirmed all over the league, in which case wouldnt all teams be doing stuff to combat it and then why would Bautista still be leading the majors in Homers.
    Posted by tomnev

No, i think the opposite tomnev, what player is gonna admit to anyone he hit a home run because they were stealing signs and knew what was coming.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

There's a photo with "the man in white" if you want to see it.
    From Yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Ballpark-espionage-Blue-Jays-deny-charges-of-si;_ylt=AnZ5Zhn.33i51vLvyVHu1HcRvLYF?urn=mlb-wp15539

Steal of Home performed some impressive detective work to determine if the man in white exists. Taking screen caps from an April 2010 game between the White Sox and Blue Jays, three men wearing white can be seen in center field during the game. And one of them left his seat by the fifth inning, after the confrontation between Bautista and the visitors' bullpen took place. Hmm.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i've been suspicious of the jays for a few years now, ever since Lind and Hill went nuts a few years ago, wouldnt surprise me however there really isnt any proof yet

Sections
Shortcuts