Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this AAA line-up...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this AAA line-up...

The best teams dont have allstars at every positon softy, the yankees tried that for years and only won one championship. Deal with the team as it is, you cant control who they trade for and who they sign, Carl Crawford is a great player who has had a great carreer, hes just having a bad year, and maybe just maybe hes starting to come around a little bit and is looking a little bit better at the plate, that aint a bad thing. Why do you want to get rid of ellsbury so bad i really cant understand it at all. The man is having a great year, and hasnt had a bad carreer except for last year when he was injured. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and admit you were wrong.

By the way i wouldnt trade ells for kemp straight up. Enjoy the homegrown players, enjoy the veteran talents, enjoy the redsox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

By the way i wouldnt trade ells for kemp straight up.

You will deny you ever said that, in the very near future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Ya think AGONE will out-homer Jake by season's end?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Crawford is a great player

Great players don't have Obp under .300, in prime years, after playing almost an entire season. 

Agon is a great player, who makes others appear better than they are. 

You wouldnt be able to notice that. Such is this board. 

A lot of hitters would take off, if Agon was put in behind them. 

Only a fool would be fooled into thinking the reason was the player is more than his career averages before Agon and after Ortiz and Manny.

Crawford and Ellsbury are not doing a good OF OPS job v Lhp, and they never will. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this AAA line-up...:
    Crawford is a great player Great players don't have Obp under .300, in prime years, after playing almost an entire season.  Agon is a great player, who makes others appear better than they are.  You wouldnt be able to notice that. Such is this board.  A lot of hitters would take off, if Agon was put in behind them.  Only a fool would be fooled into thinking the reason was the player is more than his career averages before Agon and after Ortiz and Manny. Crawford and Ellsbury are not doing a good OF OPS job v Lhp, and they never will.    
    Posted by S0ftl@w

Nevah say nevah. Do I need to remind you of the milestones Jake has already surpassed - the ones you said he'd never reach?

Ells/Crawford aren't expected to hit lefties. Nor was Yastrzemski. He had a career
    .692 OPS vs. Lefties. Where's he now? Nor is AGONE expected to run the bases well. Everybody has their function.
    Sadly, UR's is b*tching about one lone remaining stranglehold.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Ever heard of Rice?

Ellsbury career high year milestones aren't at a level I said he would never get in a career high single season. But it due to Agon, as sending Ellsbury to Seattle would prove. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Rice was a one-dimensional player. Fenway propelled him into the HOF. His OPS of
    .789 away from Fenway was weak, given his hitting prowess.

AGONE is being out-dingered by "jitterbug Jake". Without Jake getting on base, AGONE's slugging loses it's potency.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Rice was the balance to Yaz, something theo doesn't appear to understand.

Jake is getting on base and getting a lot more room service fastballs, because of Agon. Not that you would undersand that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

So do you want to bet against "Jake" going 30/30 this year softy? That's a pretty significant achievement in and of itself. I can't think of too many players in MLB who could do that with or without Gonzo in the lineup, even in their best year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

I can think of a  lot player who could do it with Agon and Pedroia. Not that 30/30 is bigger than the man who makes it possible, Agon, perhaps 28 or 29 and 40. Ya think?

What would Ellsbury numbers be on Mariners? A's?

What would Agons numbers be on Padres?

Learn to understand who is the dog wagging the tail, not the tail wagging the dog. If Crawford is worth 142M, Agon is worth a trillion. Most people don't understand the difference.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Rice was the balance to Yaz, something theo doesn't appear to understand. Jake is getting on base and getting a lot more room service fastballs, because of Agon. Not that you would undersand that.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

Just addressed this. Jake's not getting a steady diet of heat. Try researching this before posting. Compare his pitch by pitch with what it was before AGONE got here.

Crawbury balances Papi/AGONE. Theo built this team to win on the road. They are doing just that. 

AGONE may be seeing more fastballs because it allows opposing battery a better chance to throw out Jake. Not that you would understand that...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Ya think AGONE will out-homer Jake by season's end?
    Posted by harness

No actually I said over the winter you could expect 50 doubles and 25 to 30 homers from AGon, and I think I might have added 120+ ribbies. Hey but that is just me, I don't disect stats and sell thjem off as convenient little facts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this AAA line-up... : Just addressed this. Jake's not getting a steady diet of heat. Try researching this before posting. Compare his pitch by pitch with what it was before AGONE got here. Crawbury balances Papi/AGONE. Theo built this team to win on the road. They are doing just that.  AGONE may be seeing more fastballs because it allows opposing battery a better chance to throw out Jake. Not that you would understand that...
    Posted by harness
    Bingo again.
    You're on a roll.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

AGONE may be seeing more fastballs because it allows opposing battery a better chance to throw out Jake. Not that you would understand that...

Ellsbury has speed to steal. Focus is on Agon, not serving up room service to get Ellsbury at second. Not that you would understand that. Ellsbury is getting on base because of Agon. I did my research, and location of fastballs is meatball city from 2009 to 2011 Agon. 

Manny and Agon are the dog, plenty of tails in baseball. Only stupid people are infatuated with baseball tails.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

According to harness throwing out runners isn't important for Tek so why would other teams be so focussed on it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And only an idiot would credit AGONE for Jake's accomplishments.
    Show me this research you did. Name the exacting source. Crickets on that one.
    Jake is being pitched just as tough as he has always been. He's made the adjustments. He's hitting every type of pitch being thrown to him.
    You talk as if the team never had a credible #3 hitter.

Your punch and Judy tail hitter has more home-runs than AGONE. Jitterbug Jake just shoved his reverse pivot right down your sea of ignorance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I won't resort to insulting you as you just did me. But in my opinion a good baseball team is well rounded. That means you have some guys with power, some guys with speed, good defense and good pitching. Gonzo is certainly a key element on this team, and you'll never hear me say a bad word about our new fitst baseman. If you recall, I was all for getting him this winter and thought the RS would have to, as well as should pay a higher price than they did for him. Gonzo gives the Sox something they haven't had since Manny was in his prime, and it's going to be fun watching him for the next 7 years.
    Ells is a different player from Adrian though. He's not the RBI machine that Gonzo is, but he brings power and speed in a combination haven't seen on the Red Sox before. You say that a lot of people could hit 30 HR and steal 30 bases with Gonzo and Pedey hitting behind them, but the 30/30 club is pretty exclusive. The current members are
    Ken Williams
    Willie Mays
    Hank Aaron
    Bobby Bonds
    Tommy Harper
    Dale Murphy
    Joe Carter
    Eric Davis
    Howard Johnson
    Darryl Strawberry
    Jose Canseco
    Barry Bonds
    Ron Gant
    Sammy Sosa
    Dante Bichette
    Ellis Burks
    Barry Larkin
    Jeff Bagwell
    Raul Mondesi
    Larry Walker
    Shawn Green
    ARod
    Preston Wilson
    Bobby Abreu
    Jose Cruz Jr.
    Vladi Guerrero
    Alfonso Soriano
    Carlos Beltran
    David Wright
    Jimmy Rollins
    Brandon Phillips
    Grady Sizemore
    Hanley Ramirez
    Ian Kinsler
    That's 34 people in the history of MLB. Not that many at all and more than a couple of hall of famers. Anyway, my point is that yes, Gonzo makes Ells' job easier, but Ells makes Gonzo's job easier too. How many points higher is Mr. Gonzalez' BA than his career norm this year anyway?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

According to harness throwing out runners isn't important for Tek so why would other teams be so focussed on it?
    Posted by BurritoT

Lame post. Again you take out of context. I said throwing out runners for a catcher isn't nearly as important as what a catcher gets out of his pitchers.
    Base-runners are still a focal point of pitchers and catchers.
    The RedSox don't prioritize it as much as other teams do. They don't advocate the side-step. Nor do they pay much attention to meaningless runners in closing situations.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I won't resort to insulting you as you just did me. But in my opinion a good baseball team is well rounded. That means you have some guys with power, some guys with speed, good defense and good pitching. Gonzo is certainly a key element on this team, and you'll never hear me say a bad word about our new fitst baseman. If you recall, I was all for getting him this winter and thought the RS would have to, as well as should pay a higher price than they did for him. Gonzo gives the Sox something they haven't had since Manny was in his prime, and it's going to be fun watching him for the next 7 years. Ells is a different player from Adrian though. He's not the RBI machine that Gonzo is, but he brings power and speed in a combination haven't seen on the Red Sox before. You say that a lot of people could hit 30 HR and steal 30 bases with Gonzo and Pedey hitting behind them, but the 30/30 club is pretty exclusive. The current members are Ken Williams Willie Mays Hank Aaron Bobby Bonds Tommy Harper Dale Murphy Joe Carter Eric Davis Howard Johnson Darryl Strawberry Jose Canseco Barry Bonds Ron Gant Sammy Sosa Dante Bichette Ellis Burks Barry Larkin Jeff Bagwell Raul Mondesi Larry Walker Shawn Green ARod Preston Wilson Bobby Abreu Jose Cruz Jr. Vladi Guerrero Alfonso Soriano Carlos Beltran David Wright Jimmy Rollins Brandon Phillips Grady Sizemore Hanley Ramirez Ian Kinsler That's 34 people in the history of MLB. Not that many at all and more than a couple of hall of famers. Anyway, my point is that yes, Gonzo makes Ells' job easier, but Ells makes Gonzo's job easier too. How many points higher is Mr. Gonzalez' BA than his career norm this year anyway?
    Posted by carnie

Carnie, I'm assuming you are retorting to Softone, as I was.
    Nice job on that list. It'll put Jake in some good company.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I can think of a  lot player who could do it with Agon and Pedroia. Not that 30/30 is bigger than the man who makes it possible, Agon, perhaps 28 or 29 and 40. Ya think? What would Ellsbury numbers be on Mariners? A's? What would Agons numbers be on Padres? Learn to understand who is the dog wagging the tail, not the tail wagging the dog. If Crawford is worth 142M, Agon is worth a trillion. Most people don't understand the difference.   
    Posted by S0ftl@w

Most people don't compare a FA signing to a player acquired in a trade.
    Most people understand the dynamics of Free Agency.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

harness I want you on record now (if you will please,) do you really believe the Red Sox are going to extend Elles? I don't, and it has nothing to do with how good he is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this AAA line-up... : Carnie , I'm assuming you are retorting to Softone, as I was. Nice job on that list. It'll put Jake in some good company.
    Posted by harness
    I was. You posted while I was putting together my list.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

harness I want you on record now ( if you will please ,) do you really believe the Red Sox are going to extend Elles? I don't, and it has nothing to do with how good he is.
    Posted by BurritoT
    I don't know about harness, but I think they will. Theo is on record as saying he wants to get it done and Boras just extended Weaver with the Angels prior to free agency. The Sox have the money to do it, so I think it gets done.;

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

harness I want you on record now ( if you will please ,) do you really believe the Red Sox are going to extend Elles? I don't, and it has nothing to do with how good he is.
    Posted by BurritoT

They are already in the process of trying to extend him.
    I doubt they'll stop trying.
    Making the call over two years ahead of time is foolish, because much depends on who the team sees as his replacement come the time.

Paps is a great example. If not for Bard, the FO would be highly motivated to pay (over-pay) for Papelbon's services. In addition, it's important to see where the team stands by, say, July of 2013.

Ask me then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Based on some quick research, only one player in history has 100 RBI from the leadoff spot, Darin Erstad in 2000.  Ellsbury has 81 with 33 games left.

Sections
Shortcuts