AJ Burnett Is Not Very Good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

AJ Burnett Is Not Very Good

The guy had a 16-1 lead in the 3rd inning, yet couldn't last 5 Innings to get the win; he went 4, and allowed 13 hits. A High School pitcher should have been able to go 5 in that situation. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: AJ Burnett Is Not Very Good

In Response to AJ Burnett Is Not Very Good:
    The guy had a 16-1 lead in the 3rd inning, yet couldn't last 5 Innings to get the win; he went 4, and allowed 13 hits. A High School pitcher should have been able to go 5 in that situation. 
    Posted by nhsteven

I don't know Steven, I kind of like the guy.  Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

That's why the Yankees don't scare anybody for post-season, no reliable pitcher after CC. Their regular season success is built on beating up on mediocre staffs, which will not be the case once playoffs start.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lackey with Boston & AJ with NY:

Lackey: 23-19  4.99  1.461  (Team 26-27)
    Burnett: 31-33 4.52  1.412 (Team  44-44)

They both make about the same.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: AJ Burnett Is Not Very Good:
    Lackey with Boston & AJ with NY: Lackey: 23-19  4.99  1.461  (Team 26-27) Burnett: 31-33 4.52  1.412 (Team  44-44) They both make about the same.
    Posted by moonslav59

As bad as Lackey has been, and he has been god awful, I would take him over Burnett. Lackey has had past success and the hope in this corner is that he can regain that form.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

and they both suck, so that pretty much seals the deal. I'm a little tired of justifying Lackey based on Burnett. Let's leave the two apart, one is killing the Sox. The other one is helping the Sox by killing the Yankees

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

and they both suck, so that pretty much seals the deal. I'm a little tired of justifying Lackey based on Burnett. Let's leave the two apart, one is killing the Sox. The other one is helping the Sox by killing the Yankees
    Posted by dannycater

Maybe we should swap the two and see if that helps. AJ should be ashamed of himself for last nights performance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Posted by nhsteven

NH,
    Burnett's body language on the mound when Giraidi was coming out to get him spoke volumes. Seemed to be relieved and ready to take a shower. I didn't see any fire in his eyes! I'm pretty sure that Giraidi will be having some face time with him today! I get that pithers have a bad days and to be fair both starters stunk up the joint last night...Lucky for Burnett, Floyd was worse.

The most telling stat I took from last night game was Burnett's record in August since joining the Yank's, he's 0-8 as in zero wins pitching for a team with arguably the best pen in the game and an offense that is near or at the top every year. Where all the starter has to do is go 6 give up 4 runs or less and you're almost garanteed to win 60% of your games...hmmm...

Frankly he's too good to be that bad! Maybe there's some truth to his being a guy that only brings it when he's in a contract year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Burnett is a classic head case. I'm very glad he is on that stellar Yankee staff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

The Nova kid is going to put Burnett on the back burner soon. Burnett looks like he does not even want to be on the mound anymore.

I would think if NY makes the playoffs Burnett will be out of the playoff rotation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by nhsteven

To be fair, Steve, I know there was a fair amount of consternation among the Red Sox Nation when he was signed along with CC. 

I realize now it's turned to a joke, similar to the Lackey thing (other posts read and appreciated) but they can both break out of horrible runs and throw a very good game ...

Usually just when the opponent in the rivalry was really counting on a stinker....

As an aside, the reason the HS pitcher might do better may be he's WILD as well as fast .... I know it made me nervous batting against flame throwers that hit the backstop as often as they hit their catcher's glove.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

Posted by nhsteven

actually it was 13-1. he's kind of like SLACKEY with tattoos.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Burnett has the tools ... not the head ...

I saw he gave up all those runs.   Right now I would take Lackey in a big game, having to pick between the two.  

A lot riding on the series this weekend, not standing-wise, but CC trying to beat the Sox for the first time this year.   He is certainly on a roll.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Lackey with Boston & AJ with NY: Lackey: 23-19  4.99  1.461  (Team 26-27) Burnett: 31-33 4.52  1.412 (Team  44-44) They both make about the same.
    Posted by moonslav59

Safe to say that neither of them have delivered the goods...If you isolate thier numbers to just this season, they're both having horrid seasons. I get that Lackey's had been battling a bum elbow, Burnett from all I've read has been healthy? So far this year Burnett in 23 starts has only 8 quality starts...Lackey who's started 18 has only 6...Transalted means when either takes the ball you'd better hope the boys bring the bats and the pen is well rested.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

AJ Burnett is Lackey-esque.  The market value for Lackey was set by Burnett, and ironically both are overpaid.  But AJ Burnett had the chance to contribute to a Yanks world series team, hopefully Lackey can step it up when it matters like AJ did at playoff time. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

Burnett has the tools ... not the head ... I saw he gave up all those runs.   Right now I would take Lackey in a big game, having to pick between the two.   A lot riding on the series this weekend, not standing-wise, but CC trying to beat the Sox for the first time this year.   He is certainly on a roll.  
    Posted by soxmeister

i wouldn't wish that choice on anybody.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to AJ Burnett Is Not Very Good : actually it was 13-1. he's kind of like SLACKEY with tattoos.
    Posted by the___yazzer

You're right; at least he's good at hurling Soupy Sales cream pies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

Posted by nhsteven

I can’t stand this guy. The sooner they put him in the pen the better!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

here's a plan. the yank-ems give the sox burnout for slackey. they do this in secret. after they change teams, slackey gets tattoos and burnout gets a fake mustache.
    the worst that can happen is they continue to suk for their new team and nobody is the wiser; however, maybe a change of scenery will improve the performance of both. i doubt it, but what's there to lose. they're both making 82 million.

one more thing to make this plan work, burnout will have to act angry on the mound every time the opposition gets a hit or the outfielder fails to catch a homerun.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

No doubt that they are both doing a lousy job. Hopefully if the Sox play the Yankees in the post season Lackey will be matched up against Burnett. That would be fun to watch. The 2 teams will probably set a record for most runs scored in a playoff game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

No doubt that they are both doing a lousy job. Hopefully if the Sox play the Yankees in the post season Lackey will be matched up against Burnett. That would be fun to watch. The 2 teams will probably set a record for most runs scored in a playoff game.
    Posted by jrh1194

Definitely agree.  Not sure that either can be relied upon during the playoffs this year. 

Sections
Shortcuts