AJ Burnett - The Enigmatic Saga Continues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

AJ Burnett - The Enigmatic Saga Continues

Broke his Face (Orbital Socket) during Bunting Practice, Out 2-3 months

This is something High Schoolers Can do without Incident

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhapsodyInBlue. Show RhapsodyInBlue's posts

Re: AJ Burnett - The Enigmatic Saga Continues

Freak accident. Not like he has handled the bat a lot while pitching over in the AL.

I wish him the best. He's a good guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to AJ Burnett - The Enigmatic Saga Continues:
    Broke his Face (Orbital Socket) during Bunting Practice, Out 2-3 months This is something High Schoolers Can do without Incident
    Posted by nhsteven

It's a shame to see any players get hurt. Pointless to be critical of him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

This is obviously Tito's fault for not teaching him fundamentals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

And that's why they're the Pirates....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: AJ Burnett - The Enigmatic Saga Continues:
    This is obviously Tito's fault for not teaching him fundamentals.
    Posted by Joebreidey

LOL!

if Bobby V managed the Yankess, I'll bet shaving cream pies would be banned too. PS, After winning G2 of the 2009 WS, that was AJ's biggest contribution

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And that's why they're the Pirates....
    Posted by JB-3

I said it was a bad trade from the beginning.  This is the BB gods punishing them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Never-leave-the-Yankees-or-the-gods-will-strike-back-like-the-Empire-once-did-trend-here????
    "Jesus Montero, the touted 22-year-old acquired in a trade with the New York Yankees for Michael Pineda, hit one of Seattle's five home runs. But Montero left in the fifth inning after being hit by a foul.

Actually, Montero got hit twice in nearly the same place.

"He's OK," Seattle manager Eric Wedge said. "He got hit in the jaw a couple of times. I don't know that I've ever seen that happen two times in a row like that. The first one got him pretty good but obviously the second one right on top of that, so we got him out of there."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I did not like Burnett as a Yankee but I was hoping he would go to the Pirates and win 15+ games ... helping Pittsburgh to maybe being a better team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I took a baseball in the eye and had orbital surgery.  It ended my baseball career.

Well, the surgery coupled with my complete lack of talent ended my baseball career. 

Now that I think about it, maybe the surgery had nothing to do with it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

First Fenway and now this. Poor devil.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

He must have been a bad person in a previous life. My expectations of him were high, especially in 2010 and he completely fell apart.

I wish him well - tough what happened.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

after Tony C... nobody should be laughing at such an injury

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

after Tony C... nobody should be laughing at such an injury
    Posted by BurritoT

I was actually relating a true story.  I did take a baseball in the eye and fracture my orbital bone, resulting in surgery.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Never-leave-the-Yankees-or-the-gods-will-strike-back-like-the-Empire-once-did-trend-here????  Incident#3...Same Day....Remember once upon a time Next Big Time Yankees Mound Ace Draft Choice Brien Taylor...?

Brien Taylor jailed on drug charges

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7639826/ex-new-york-yankees-pitching-hopeful-brien-taylor-jailed-drug-charges

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: AJ Burnett - The Enigmatic Saga Continues : I was actually relating a true story.  I did take a baseball in the eye and fracture my orbital bone, resulting in surgery.
    Posted by notin

I did not doubt you - I was only talking about TonyC..... even if Burnett recovers physically there will likely be a fear factor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I took a baseball in the eye and had orbital surgery.  It ended my baseball career. Well, the surgery coupled with my complete lack of talent ended my baseball career.  Now that I think about it, maybe the surgery had nothing to do with it...
    Posted by notin

Okay, Notin, THAT is funny!!

I actually feel sorry for A.J. and hope he recovers and is able to at least be respectable for the Bucs. I do find it interesting that Montero also was hit in the face twice.....If they had remained Yankees they would have never been injured in any way as long as they wore pinstripes.Yell

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: AJ Burnett - The Enigmatic Saga Continues : I was actually relating a true story.  I did take a baseball in the eye and fracture my orbital bone, resulting in surgery.
    Posted by notin

The only time in my life the manager was stupid enough to play me at SS, grounder up the middle, the 2B and I both stretch out for it, flicks off the 2B's glove, and catches me right square in the eye.  No bone damage, but the blackest black eye you ever saw.

Like any real man, I walked into class the next day, told my teacher that the reason I didn't do the book report is I couldn't focus, and told everyone else that wasn't at the game, that I got the eye in a fight, because someone made a move on my girlfriend, that I didn't really have.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I see AJ bunts with the same skill level as most Red Sox players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Mine was far more embarrassing.

I was the best defensive OF on a team of, well, poor defenders.  not surprising for 12 and 13yos, but still.  The coach basically called me out as the ONLY outfielkder capable of cathcing a fly ball, and followed up with "OK, [notin], show them how its done."

He then proceeds to hit one off the end of the bat, and I come charing in.  I stumbled on some rocky ground and lost sight of the ball.  But I kept chatring, looking up, and couldn't find it.

And it came down SLAM, fitting perfectly into my eye socket!  Shattered my glasses - sending lens shards everywhere. My coach later admitted he thought those were my teeth.

I did play again, but not right away.  I had to have the same surgery AJ Burnett is having, and it shut down my season.

"Show them how it's done."  Hey, nice time to make me the example there, coach...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

WOW - You and AJ ; bosom buddies in the injury department, and both flukey. The difference is, you were a 12 yr old (I had a few flukey baseball related injuries at 12, one that I still live with), and he's a top paid big leaguer.

Sections
Shortcuts