AJ Pierzynski agreed to deal with the Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

AJ Pierzynski agreed to deal with the Red Sox

reported by Jon Heyman.  nothing on dollar amount and yr but I'm thinking 2 yr $16M.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: AJ Pierzynski agreed to deal with the Red Sox

Here's the link: https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/407858124469436418

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the link: https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/407858124469436418

[/QUOTE]

thanks Jack.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

ugh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

reported by Jon Heyman.  nothing on dollar amount and yr but I'm thinking 2 yr $16M.

I think AJ will be a nice addition, another (funny guy) in the clubhouse who can hold his own behind the plate through veteran eyes.  We still need a bit more power elswhere with a guy like Beltran.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I can live with this...the writing has been on the wall for Salty for a while now, and after that it was really a choice between mediocre options. (Better Pierzynski than Lavarnway or Butler starting.) AJ and Ross should be a good bridge to the young guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I hope its for only 1 year. Dont get mad when he doesnt throw anyone out (25%cs) and doesnt hit much (.297OBP).

I'll cheer for him because hes a Red Sox player now. Dont really like it. They wanted a LHH Catcher. They got it. Maybe Ill warm up to it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Would of perfered Salty even on a 3 year deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

AJ has been nearly .300 6th, 7th hitter in his entire career and that where he would be batting in 2014 for the Red Sox.  He rarely walks but he's a tough batter at the same time.  Doesn't strike out much.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

This was my third LEAST favorite option:

1) LEAST  Signing Brian McCann to a 6 year, $100 MM deal that the Sox would regret after 2 years (THANK YOU YANKEES!)

2) Signing Salty to a 3 year, $30+ MM deal

3) Signing Pierzynski to ANY contract

I would rather the Sox signed Buck, who is much better defensively, but can't hit a lick.  I don't see how Lavarnway wouldn't have been a better one-year stop gap.

I would think that this is a one year deal and is probably for $7 MM plus.  Yikes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

ugh

+1000. Same thing I asked when I heard they hired Bobby Valentine. What were they thinking?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I HATE this signing...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Are Peavy and AJ getting along these days?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ugh

[/QUOTE]

As in UGH- LY!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I HATE this signing...

[/QUOTE]

I think it's 2 yr deal but Ben somehow signed him to 1 yr deal, it's not the worst signing and even if it's 2 yr.  I don't love it, but I can live with it.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

There has to be more to this than meets the eye.  I don't see how this is in the best interest of the 2014 Red Sox.  This is one of those situations when I'd give $1 to know what's going on within the FO. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Not a huge Pierzynski fan.

From what I can tell, his personality issues are incredibly overblown if not outright lies.   But he is simply not a very good catcher anymore. 

I will root for him nonetheless. ..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Would of been happier if the Sox asked Varitek to come of retirement than this...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

32 games in Fenway .322 avg.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Do not understand the hate last year CS was 33% BA was 272 with OPS 722 his Career CS is 28% and 283/750 Age is 38 but if two years he and Ross are a good short term combo and great teachers for the young guys.

IMHO much of the hate comes from his personality which can be abrasive with other teams and the media.

He has too be a good clubhouse guy since we know how much that is valued in Boston now.

Much like all the hate spewed last year when guys were signed I will still say the same I said last year ------ The FO knows a lot more than us.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont mind this at all.  Hes gonna be a 6-7 hitter.  17 hrs and a 272 avg is nothing to sneeze at plus hes durable.  I was hoping for McCann but i can live with this.  Its cheaper and should give Sox the chance to bring back napoli and possibly drew if they dont ink Furcal on a one year deal.  Plus i want rajai davis as spare of in case jbj falters.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do not understand the hate last year CS was 33% BA was 272 with OPS 722 his Career CS is 28% and 283/750 Age is 38 but if two years he and Ross are a good short term combo and great teachers for the young guys.

IMHO much of the hate comes from his personality which can be abrasive with other teams and the media.

He has too be a good clubhouse guy since we know how much that is valued in Boston now.

Much like all the hate spewed last year when guys were signed I will still say the same I said last year ------ The FO knows a lot more than us.

[/QUOTE]

CS% is but a tiny portion of what a catcher brings behind the plate.

I'm hoping this is just a 1 year deal, but with Ross moving on after 2014, perhaps the plan is to have AJ fill in the 2 year bridge to the kids.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get too carried away with that statement.

They did sign Valentine.

The only saving grace is that Cherrington was reported to be in favor of getting Farrell  instead.

I guess I'll have to hold my nose and root for the guy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good post.  I agree.  And he is loved by his own team mates, hated by others.  i think he will do very well. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are Peavy and AJ getting along these days?

[/QUOTE]

Their "fight" was overblown.  Two ultra-competitive guys in the heat of battle, but it ended on the field.  

It was no different than what we all saw for years when Orlando Hernandez pitched to Jorge Posada.

Sections
Shortcuts