A.J. Pierzynski's ties to Yaz and Johnny Damon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

A.J. Pierzynski's ties to Yaz and Johnny Damon

Pretty interesting article from Gordon Edes.Here's aparagraph and link to read the whole article:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/10509362/aj-pierzynski-already-making-friends-boston-red-sox

For a player who allegedly has a limitless capacity to make people hate him (more on that later), A.J. Pierzynski's ties to the Boston Red Sox, past and present, offer an intriguing alternative: terms of endearment.

Surely, having a shared history with Yaz, Johnny Damon and David Ortiz won't hurt Pierzynski's chances of being welcomed by Sox fans as he begins his 17th season in the big leagues as the team's primary catcher.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: A.J. Pierzynski's ties to Yaz and Johnny Damon

On the Salty thread, I posted that I wanted him back. However, I don't have a problem with A.J. and think he could be better. My concern is his age. I don't like having two 37-year-old catchers.

But if he stays healthy, he should be OK.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: A.J. Pierzynski's ties to Yaz and Johnny Damon

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the Salty thread, I posted that I wanted him back. However, I don't have a problem with A.J. and think he could be better. My concern is his age. I don't like having two 37-year-old catchers.

But if he stays healthy, he should be OK.

[/QUOTE]

Luckily, the Sox do have some decent catching talent they could bring up, if necessary.

It wouldn't be an ideal situation, but not a disaster.