AL East With Four Teams Over .545

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

AL East With Four Teams Over .545

...but that NL Central has 3 over .610!

Sox are tied for the most wins in the AL.

Our median runs scored is still a healthy 5.

0-3 runs  21 games

4 runs      5 games

5 runs      4 games

6 runs      8 games

7+ runs  17 games

0-4 runs  26 games

5  runs       4 games

6+ runs    25 games

Home OBP: .338

Away OBP: .347

Home Runs/gm: 4.69

Away Runs/gm: 5.31

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

Re: AL East With Four Teams Over .545

It seems that the demise of the ALE was greatly overestimated...I think the play of the Red Sox and the Yankees has been a surpise especially to the media experts and pumpsie green.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to kannaman's comment:

It seems that the demise of the ALE was greatly overestimated...I think the play of the Red Sox and the Yankees has been a surpise especially to the media experts and pumpsie green.

June 1 is tomorrow. I am sticking to my prediction that we will end up close to .500.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

pumpsiegreen is always wrong.

Nah, when you predict disaster every year, you're bound to be right occasionally.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

June 1 is tomorrow. I am sticking to my prediction that we will end up close to .500.

I thought we'd win 82-84 games. Now, I'm thinking 85-87, but if we can stay healthy, which is almost impossible, I could see 90-92.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Boston's magic number to clinch the AL East is down to 105.   Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I thought we's win 82-84 games. Now, I'm thinking 85-87, but if we can stay healthy, which is almost impossible, I could see 90-92.

"if we can stay healthy"...................exactly ...and this is about the time of the year things start to happen.......hopefully the Sox can stay quiet on injury front leading towards All Star break......seems like things always start to happen in June.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

pumpsiegreen is always wrong.

we have found out that using this reverse psychology works...At least it has in our game thread Tongue Out

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think softy has the wrong idea about "title contenders" because success in the postseason isn't all that related to W-L record.  It's about 2 or 3 good starters and who has the hot lineup, and that means 10 teams have a legitimate shot. 

I say again, any team in the playoffs is a title contender.  I do agree that, by adding a second wild card in each league, MLB makes it harder for wild card teams to be sure they will get beyond that one sudden death game. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Lol, great stat!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Our median runs scored is still a healthy 5.

0-3 runs 21 games

4 runs 5 games

5 runs 4 games

6 runs 8 games

7+ runs 17 games

You didn't even use "median" in your stat snipets, before you copied what I do to evaluate my own stats.

What you have failed to do is put this in the context of park and pitchers. But what else I could expect from a simpleton stooge.

Note! The AL East has no title contenders, other than a Yankee team with a healthy Tex and Jeter joining what they already have in place. And that Yankee team is a probability 3rd place title contender behind the Tigers and Rangers.

I copied nothing from you. You don't even know what "median" means.

I never said an AL east team was a title contender, in fact, I counted the Sox as having less of a chance than you did this past winter.

I picked the yankess to win the division and still think they will.

I picked TB ahead of us, and siad we'd struggle to finish ahead of baltimore and Toronto.

My outlook has not changed much, but I can see you have revised your own history. What else is new.

You keep assuming that ebcause I post some stats, it means something totally different from what I intended it to mean, or maybe, as in this case, I just posted some numbers for posters to take what they want from them. In your case, you took venom and drivel.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

7 game series do not expose anything. Still short enough for plenty of upsets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

When you look at the numbers both WC and others not making the playoffs with better records than a first place team.

What they need to do is eliminate all divisions play a totally balanced schedule and the top 5 make the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Lol, great stat!

Hello stan17  Laughing

So the Red Sox control their own destiny.   LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i would love for baseball to go back to a balanced schedule.  i dont think they will ever do it though.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

i would love for baseball to go back to a balanced schedule.  i dont think they will ever do it though.....

I love your avatar!!!   Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegrandsalami. Show thegrandsalami's posts

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

You copied from me, and don't have a clue what "median" means.

Without park factor, these numbers are useless.

The sample size is growing large enough to notice a trend that this team is not so dependent on home cooking to score runs. You may assume I'm implying something bigger, that's your way of reading uncomprehension.

Why not explain to us plebians what median averages means and give us a detailed example?

We need enlightenment from the great an powerful clown.

BTW, our road games this year:

3 NYY

6 Tor

3 TBR

3 Cle

3 Tex

3 MN

3 CWS

2 Phil

It will be interesting to see how we do in Sea, Oak and KC, but it's not like we have played a ton of road games in hitter's parks, but of course, you know how to "lie with stats" and can twist and turn all you want.

Sections
Shortcuts