AL MVP: ELLS OR GONZO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Re: AL MVP: ELLS OR GONZO?

Actually, according to the crazy defesive stats of today (how the heck do they measure "UZR"? Guesswork?), Teixeria has been a bad defender ever since he joined the Yankees. I always thought he was a gold glover.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: AL MVP: ELLS OR GONZO?:
    [QUOTE]Gonzo by a long shot IMO.  Let's not get carried away here.   Gonzo had the most hits ever in the first half for a Red Sox.  He has been nothing short of spectacular.   Best defensive first baseman too, no offense to Tex.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]in rickey henderson's career he never had more than 74 RBIs in any season. ells is on pace for 97, plus 40+ SB, .320 average, .380 OBP, .550 slugging (almost 1.000 OPS), 100+ RUNS, 30 HRS and 200 hits. I DONT BELIEVE ANYONE IN THE  HISTORY OF THE GAME HAS EVER DONE THIS! just .300, 20 hr, 40 steals would be phenomenal. all the other stuff just reinforces his case in my view. he's he straw that srirs everything. pedy is the agitator in chief but ells simply does more while also playing gold glove defense. has anyone seen the nightmare reddick can be when playing in center?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Agon first, then Pedroia, then Jake--among the Sox.  Bautista is having a heckuva year.  Teixeira has a low average but is gaining on AGon in rbi's and hitting a lot of dingers.  And there are others I can't think of offhand.

If, however, Jakes finished the season ahead of the other two in OPS, leads in the AL in runs scored, steals 60 bases, hits 35 dingers or more, and drives in 90 or more runs, he might get my vote, which is worth absolutely nothing. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Granderson, definitely. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: AL MVP: ELLS OR GONZO?:
    [QUOTE]Granderson, definitely. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

The Sox trio cancel each other out and Granderson sneaks in to take prize.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Any of the 8 higher OPS profiles, including AGon and Ortiz and Pedroia, make Ellsbury nothing more than an MVP urban legend.