AL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR IS......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

AL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR IS......

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1m Wil Myers is the AL Rookie of the Year

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 2m

My AL Rookie of the Year ballot was Iglesias, Myers and Archer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: AL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR IS......

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 57m

Marlins RHP Jose Fernandez is the NL Rookie of the Year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The only person happier than Myers about Myers being Rookie of the Year is Ben Cherrington.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to S5's comment:

The only person happier than Myers about Myers being Rookie of the Year is Ben Cherrington.

LOL...I thought the same thing...Ben traded the AL rookie of the year....but the Championship helped ease the pain.  Hard, if not impossible to say, but Peavy threw a gem against the Rays, to help win the ALDS, then threw 4 innings in the WS. May not have gotten there with Doubrant or Dempster. What's done is done and I'm still in  "did we really win it all"?! mode. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

If it weren't for Igleisias and Myers playoff fielding adventures, we may not have won the World Series.  They are both of them deserving!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

If it weren't for Igleisias and Myers playoff fielding adventures, we may not have won the World Series.  They are both of them deserving!

Using that line of logic in that ROY should be given to the player who most benefited the Red Sox, I vote for Kolton Wong as my National League ROY, even though he didn't play enough to qualify, and certainly didn't play well enough to ever be considered.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Using that line of logic in that ROY should be given to the player who must benefited the Red Sox, I vote for Kolton Wong as my National League ROY, even though he didn't play enough to qualify, and certainly didn't play well enough to ever be considered.  

LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Ben Cherington was named the 2013 Executive of the Year by The Sporting News.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Why?

Winning ROY is not exactly an affirmation of greatness. 

Really, this was a sad rookie class in the AL.  Myers would have been 4th in the NL...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1m Wil Myers is the AL Rookie of the Year

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 2m

My AL Rookie of the Year ballot was Iglesias, Myers and Archer.

I wonder why he would put Inglesias first. Was he really that great, or just supposed to be that great?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

LOL...I thought the same thing...Ben traded the AL rookie of the year....but the Championship helped ease the pain.  Hard, if not impossible to say, but Peavy threw a gem against the Rays, to help win the ALDS, then threw 4 innings in the WS. May not have gotten there with Doubrant or Dempster. What's done is done and I'm still in  "did we really win it all"?! mode. 

All true.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

LOL. Also true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Using that line of logic in that ROY should be given to the player who most benefited the Red Sox, I vote for Kolton Wong as my National League ROY, even though he didn't play enough to qualify, and certainly didn't play well enough to ever be considered.  

Hard to watch that kid who barely played crying after the game. Who knows? He might have a huge moment one day to help him forget about that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Why?

Winning ROY is not exactly an affirmation of greatness. 

Really, this was a sad rookie class in the AL.  Myers would have been 4th in the NL...

The ROY isn't guaranteed greatness, but he does have a leg up on everyone else at this moment.

Cherrington is happy because everyone has a legacy, and I'm fairly certain that nobody would want a part of their legacy to be that they traded away the ROY, especially if that player turned out to be a GG SS for several years. 

Remember, Nero was right.  "The evil that men do lives after them..."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Mark Antony said that, not Nero.

And no one would hold it against Antony if he traded away Bob Hamelin or Pat Listach..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

And no one would hold it against Antony if he traded away Bob Hamelin or Pat Listach..

Note to self:  Check the details of anything before you post, especially if it's been 50 years since you 'learned' what you're posting!  :-)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Actually, Shakespeare says Mark Antony said it. Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Ben Cherington's team just won the World Series.  IMO, the championship validates the trade for Peavy, regardless of what Iglesias does in the future.  Sure, Iglesias might go on to be a superstar.  Then again, he might not.  A bird in the hand....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Ben Cherington's team just won the World Series.  IMO, the championship validates the trade for Peavy, regardless of what Iglesias does in the future.  Sure, Iglesias might go on to be a superstar.  Then again, he might not.  A bird in the hand....

Ahhh yes... Hindsight will make this trade look better than it was.

The biggest benefit the Sox got from this trade was the defense Iggy didn't have in the ALCS, and if Ben can predict things like THAT he's wasting his time being GM of a MLB team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Note to self:  Check the details of anything before you post, especially if it's been 50 years since you 'learned' what you're posting!  :-)

Also might be worth mentioning, if there is a negative legacy to trading away a ROY, Dayton Moore traded Myers and didn't even get the title to justify it.

Yet no mention of him in this thread.

Also no mention of the fact that Cherington and Hoyer traded away ROY winner Hanley Ramirez, and that worked out OK too...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Also might be worth mentioning, if there is a negative legacy to trading away a ROY, Dayton Moore traded Myers and didn't even get the title to justify it.

Yet no mention of him in this thread...

..Because this is a Red Sox board

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Yet no mention of him in this thread...

..Because this is a Red Sox board

I was editing for more Soxiness as you redponded.  Too slow typing on this phone...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Ahhh yes... Hindsight will make this trade look better than it was.

The biggest benefit the Sox got from this trade was the defense Iggy didn't have in the ALCS, and if Ben can predict things like THAT he's wasting his time being GM of a MLB team.

Winning the championship might make the trade look better, but many of us have been defending it since day 1.  I disagree that Iggy's lack of defense is the biggest benefit the Sox got from this trade.  Give Ben a little more credit than that.

Sections
Shortcuts