ALAN WEBSTER = DEREK LOWE with better stuff.. I'll take that!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: ALAN WEBSTER = DEREK LOWE with better stuff.. I'll take that!

In response to BuritoT's comment:

Webster/ De La Rosa/ Lester/Buchholz/ Barnes=2014

THAT would be nice...and If one doesnt workout/isnt ready, I like Steven Wright. Nice to throw a Kballer in the middle of the mix...

Webster looks like the real deal. His GB% is gonna be around 60% based on how he pitches. Anyone know what his MiL GB% is?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Hopefully Doubront has a nice year so we could get something for him in trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I think Douront+ would fetch a nice, and possibly the best return. maybe a power bat. 4-5 years of control of a power LHP with good K rate should interest a lot of teams.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I think Douront+ would fetch a nice, and possibly the best return. maybe a power bat. 4-5 years of control of a power LHP with good K rate should interest a lot of teams.

y not trade lester or buch rather than doubront if he performs?  i dont either buch or les are true upside aces. bith are great#2 guys at best. web and rosa have #1 ace potential. douby could be a 2 or 3 and he's younger and cheaper than  les and buch

Yeah, i woudn't rule anything out.  but, until doubront proves himself as something other than a serviceable major league starter, I am not sure i would get rid of lester or buchholz instead.  They might not be consistent, but they have also proven than they can get it done.  Doubront is still a work in progress.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I've looked on no less than five statistical websites...minor league GB% are difficult to find.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Saw him in ST last week. VERY disapointing that he could based on last 2 yrs, one yr he showed up in terrble shape and was non factor and then last yr come in good shape and look so promising, then show up again in bad shape? There has to be something wrong w/ this guy when you consider the millions of $'s at stake if he could put up a couple more good years. This is not the type of guy you want to hang your future on. My guess would don't be surprised if De La Rossa or other has his spot in rotation by June. Hopefully I'm wrong he gets in shape and has a good 13 for RS, young LH's w/ swing and miss stuff are hard to find.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

y not trade lester or buch rather than doubront if he performs?  i dont either buch or les are true upside aces. bith are great#2 guys at best. web and rosa have #1 ace potential. douby could be a 2 or 3 and he's younger and cheaper than  les and buch

Id trade doubie for the reason you posted because He would bring back a better return.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TitleTown11's comment:

I've looked on no less than five statistical websites...minor league GB% are difficult to find.

Yeah, Ive had no luck either...Thanks for looking though TT11

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, Ive had no luck either...Thanks for looking though TT11

[QUOTE]

Allen Webster had a GO/AO of 2.05 last season aswell as in his career. Those are very good ground ball numbers. Put pale to a Derek Lowe. It probably would be in the 50-55% GB% range.

Sections
Shortcuts