Alan Webster gets his 3rd chance to push the door open.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Alan Webster gets his 3rd chance to push the door open.........

With the concern of several  R S pitchers, (Lester, Buch, Dempster, Bailey) opportunity certainly knocks for the X-DODGER  tonight !!!  Good luck, make us proud, SON  !!!!    >RESPECT

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Alan Webster gets his 3rd chance to push the door open.........

In response to Bill-806's comment:

With the concern of several  R S pitchers, (Lester, Buch, Dempster, Bailey) opportunity certainly knocks for the X-DODGER  tonight !!!  Good luck, make us proud, SON  !!!!    >RESPECT

No doubt he has the raw materials!

Still, it may be too early for him to be getting a shot.......

BUT!   It's CARPE DIEM time!  Time to put up & early pushers to shut up!

It may be too quick, but the big club needs him to step up.  So, step up he must.  No BS!  Throw strikes & mix!  Keep hitters off balance & use the heat to blow guys away.  Sounds simple?  Doesn' it?  It's not!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

If he makes it to the 6th with the Tiger scroing less than 6 I'll consider it a success. Kids gonna be great someday. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Webster throws hard , but his fastball is as straight as an arrow.  Unless that changes , he is going to give up a lot of big flies. Also needs better command of his breaking stuff. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Alan to push the door open.........

Webster gets his 3rd chance

ruby gets none ?

did he ever pitch when he was brought up last week

baseball ref says no but

sox.com says 6.2 innings ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Webster gets his 3rd chance

ruby gets none ?

did he ever pitch when he was brought up last week

baseball ref says no but

sox.com says 6.2 innings ?

I'm higher on Buby!  :)  

Good call

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Momma and I are going to the game tonight. Section 116 (RF sideline) row 5 seats 17 & 18. We will have our Red papi shirts on look for us!

I dont like facts, they cloud my irresponsible Judgement!

I often go back to read what i wrote only to find out it's not what I said!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

Momma and I are going top the game tonight. Section 116 (RF sideline) row 5 seats 17 & 18. We will have our Red papi shirts on look for us!

LOL

;)

jealous!  Heading home for July.  Can't wait to see Fenway again!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Momma and I are going top the game tonight. Section 116 (RF sideline) row 5 seats 17 & 18. We will have our Red papi shirts on look for us!

If you "Top" the game coiuld you please send me a copy--I'll surely return it to you.

I'm sorry----I do the same thing myself when I'm in a rush.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Mmm, Crystal Ball says.......Webster locates the two-seam sinking fastball tonight, and has the needed "feel" for the change.   Doesn't have to rely on the high hard 4 seamer heat, so stays ahead of hitters and avoids predictability.

I'm calling 7 innings, 6 hits, 2 bb's, 7 K's....a dozen swings / misses ( espec. on change) with a dozen 12-hop wormburners.

In other words, Derek Lowe with HEAT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

[QUOTE]

If you "Top" the game coiuld you please send me a copy--I'll surely return it to you.

I'm sorry----I do the same thing myself when I'm in a rush.

[/QUOTE]
    I stand corrected and have edited

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If the kid can get through 5-6IP with 4 runs or less, Ill consider that a success for him against this very powerful lineup.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No door pushed open, but I thought he was better than the score.  Nieves and Salty apparently stuck to a game plan of almost exclusively fast balls in the first inning, which led directly to those 4 runs.  After that, Webster was allowed to mix in sliders and more changeups, and he did fine thru the first out in the 5th inning when Morales came in.  I think he has MLB potential when they don't make him throw just fastballs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

No door pushed open, but I thought he was better than the score.  Nieves and Salty apparently stuck to a game plan of almost exclusively fast balls in the first inning, which led directly to those 4 runs.  After that, Webster was allowed to mix in sliders and more changeups, and he did fine thru the first out in the 5th inning when Morales came in.  I think he has MLB potential when they don't make him throw just fastballs. 

He has potential but his fastball is very hittable, its gets way too much of the plate. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Mmm, Crystal Ball says.......Webster locates the two-seam sinking fastball tonight, and has the needed "feel" for the change.   Doesn't have to rely on the high hard 4 seamer heat, so stays ahead of hitters and avoids predictability.

I'm calling 7 innings, 6 hits, 2 bb's, 7 K's....a dozen swings / misses ( espec. on change) with a dozen 12-hop wormburners.

In other words, Derek Lowe with HEAT.

We--e----ll....JUST a bit outside.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"As u are likely sleeping.....just a reminder the door was not pushed open Bozo."

There was ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with Bill's post. You're holding past stuff against him while he's trying to turn a corner. Keep it up Bill - sorry about Webster, I hope he can figure it out. 

Conan we don't need you around, you're adding nothing wtih your childish posts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Good post...........  The Tigers said some nice things about him after the game......  Looks like Morales may be going on the  D L again......  Will be interesting to see who fills that spot !!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Good post...........  The Tigers said some nice things about him after the game......  Looks like Morales may be going on the  D L again......  Will be interesting to see who fills that spot !!!!

I think they'll give Rowland-Smith a shot, the way he's pitched in Pawtucket he has earned it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think they'll give Rowland-Smith a shot, the way he's pitched in Pawtucket he has earned it.

[/QUOTE]

Or Martin, but they have to make room on the 40-man to make either of those moves.

Webster had 21 swing-and-misses. Thats pretty good for a lineup like the Tigers. He still has some work to do, but hes got the "stuff" to be a legit MLB pitcher IMO. Im sure they wanted him to throw the FB to establish command/location before he mixed in his other stuff. Everything works off the FB. Although the outcome wasnt good, the future is still very bright for this kid.

Sections
Shortcuts