Alarming information from Francona that should concern Red Sox fans

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Alarming information from Francona that should concern Red Sox fans

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Again, amp, my book is only $9.99, and it's fact, not opinion.

I'll buy one!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Again, amp, my book is only $9.99, and it's fact, not opinion.

Like they say, there's a sucker born every minute!!

I'll buy one!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

So admittedly, Francona held back about the 2011 season because he wanted to manage again and didn't want to burn bridges with players.

If that's the case, then he should have waited until he could be honest about everything before publishing a book scorching the owners and a few retired players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Are you going to get your book autographed??

Yes, I'm going to ask Tito to autograph my book "Half a Billion Dollars Paid for Embarrassing Player and Manager Performance that Deserved to Be Fired"

My Book is an easy ready, and only costs $9.99, and is half the price of Tito's book that blames others for his failure to do the job he was paid about 10 million to do. 

Actually, I only paid $9.99 for Franconas book on my tablet. Good read.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

A foil referred one person who invents two disparate monikers who are opposites of each other. Please try to keep up. Softlaw was / is Moonslav's foil.

Moonslav created Moonslav and Softlaw. Softlaw was the foil.

He could have assumed the moniker of McCoy and had a second moniker of Hatfield ( foil). I know that

Am I going too fast for you? Please try to keep up.

BDC shall eventually keep up too; and you'll be back with yet another moniker.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Tito and his loser players were paid nearly a billion dollars, but produced zero playoff wins. End of story and pitiful old manager's attempt to sell books and blame others.

That was one difficult paragraph to read.

Are you high?

The triumph of ESL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It sounds like an interesting book, and Tito is usually a pretty funny guy.  And anything that celebrates our 1st and 2nd WSC in 86 years should bring back some good memories.

IRT the ratings issue, it is easy enough to disparage the ratings focus, just as some people disparaged seats on the Green Monster and the roof, but that's the stuff that pays the bills.  Ratings are the root of all evil only until you they decline and you start living on a budget.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

no one in yankeeland thinks Hal loves baseball either

I'm not really sure why it matters that much.  The owners give you a budget.  That should really be about the end of the involvement.  If H&H or John Hnery sign off on a $189M budget, do you really want him around for the next meeting where you discuss how to spend it?  I want my boss to give me new software, and not tell me how to use it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yawkey loved baseball.

So?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

That actually explains alot. Not only did they do things to sabotage the team, but they were perfectly willing to set the players up for the fall. Even going so far as hiring the unstable Valentine knowing he was going to feed stories to ESPN (the "leak" that Valentine was hoping would have Sox players suspecting each other). All the chicken and beer nonsense seems to me like it was just enough of a distraction to keep the blame on the players, and keep the players blaming each other. And also to get rid of the players they didn't want on the team.

Weren't they also the "leak" about Francona's medications? It seems to me they screwed up the team, and were hoping that everyone would follow the stories and blame the players and Francona.

The hiring of Valentine completely changed my view of management. Like I've said a million times, no way they didn't know there was something wrong with him even if they only interviewed him one time. They can't claim to care about the team while at the same time, putting the team in his hands. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Shaughnessy's Interview With Mike Francesa; I wasn't going to read the book; but now I'm curious. Recall Torre had a similar book after he was let go. LaRussa too, although he retired instead. Apparently, that's what ex-managers do these days.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd1%2Fd2%2Fd1%2Fd1%2Fd3%2F12113_3.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561991293507974169_UCV5swWXJbNe6lPy4AwlTZmUo&podcast_name=Mike+Francesa+with+Dan+Shaughnessy&podcast_artist=Mike+Francesa&station_id=62&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.NY