Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012???

Slight increase in offense?  I don't think so.   Agon vs Pujols 2011

Agon
    201129BOSAL159715630108213453271171074119.338.410.548
    Agon: 40 more hits, 16 more doubles, 3 more triples, 18 more RBIs, higher slugging %  & played in 12 more games.

Pujols
    201131STLNL1476515791051732903799916158.299.366.541 
    Pujols:  10 more home runs.

Idiotic to get rid of Agon, who not only is a better player but has improved his stats over the last few years ... Pujols has decreased now for 4 years straight. 

Thanks, but we will KEEP Gonzo.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012???:
    [QUOTE]Slight increase in offense?  I don't think so.   Agon vs Pujols 2011 Agon 2011 29 BOS AL 159 715 630 108 213 45 3 27 117 1 0 74 119 .338 .410 .548 Agon: 40 more hits, 16 more doubles, 3 more triples, 18 more RBIs, higher slugging %  & played in 12 more games. Pujols 2011 31 STL NL 147 651 579 105 173 29 0 37 99 9 1 61 58 .299 .366 .541   Pujols:  10 more home runs. Idiotic to get rid of Agon, who not only is a better player but has improved his stats over the last few years ... Pujols has decreased now for 4 years straight.  Thanks, but we will KEEP Gonzo.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Where do people come up with this stuff? *someone, somewhere is sitting at his desk thinking, "Sox should just get Albert Pujols, yup, yup!!" lololol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Re: Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012??? I know I am dreaming but I like this 4 year plan

As much as I like Youk trade him with Reddick, Middlebrooks & Kalish for Kemp
    Let Ortiz & Pap walk, take the picks.

Sign Heath Bell 4 / 40Mil    - Taking Paps Salary
    Big Al 4 / 100Mil- Plays third base  Taking Papi & Drew
    Prince Fielder  5 / 115Mil for your new DH. Taking up the dead money on Theo's busts.

Line Up:
    CC
    Ped
    Ells
    Gon
    Big All
    Prince
    Kemp
    Salty
    Scut or Ing

With this lineup Lackey can have a 7.00 Era & still win 15.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012??? I know I am dreaming but I like this 4 year plan

In Response to Re: Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012??? I know I am dreaming but I like this 4 year plan:
    [QUOTE]As much as I like Youk trade him with Reddick, Middlebrooks & Kalish for Kemp Let Ortiz & Pap walk, take the picks. Sign Heath Bell 4 / 40Mil    - Taking Paps Salary Big Al 4 / 100Mil- Plays third base  Taking Papi & Drew Prince Fielder  5 / 115Mil for your new DH. Taking up the dead money on Theo's busts. Line Up: CC Ped Ells Gon Big All Prince Kemp Salty Scut or Ing With this lineup Lackey can have a 7.00 Era & still win 15.
    Posted by looneyman[/QUOTE]

Did you just slip Prince Fielder and Albert Pujols into Fenway Park under the cover of a hangover? lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012??? I know I am dreaming but I like this 4 year plan:
    [QUOTE]As much as I like Youk trade him with Reddick, Middlebrooks & Kalish for Kemp Let Ortiz & Pap walk, take the picks. Sign Heath Bell 4 / 40Mil    - Taking Paps Salary Big Al 4 / 100Mil- Plays third base  Taking Papi & Drew Prince Fielder  5 / 115Mil for your new DH. Taking up the dead money on Theo's busts. Line Up: CC Ped Ells Gon Big All Prince Kemp Salty Scut or Ing With this lineup Lackey can have a 7.00 Era & still win 15.
    Posted by looneyman[/QUOTE]

Heath Bell too! lololol Well...alrighty then. I say we pry Ryan Braun from the Brewers and while we're at it, King Felix and Justin Verlander. If we give the M's and Tigers a half-dozen franchise locations to Dunkin' Donuts and a bag of Boston Kremes they'll go for it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Pujols will re-sign with St. Louis.

Fielder will sign with the Cubs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]Dunn in RF may be the worst suggestion in a long time. Dunn's range can't cover a postage stamp, let alone RF in Fenway. Why do some posters assume anyone can play RF in Fenway? Next someone will suggest Papi playing RF, and Tek at SS. 
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

That was why I kept thinking that maybe David Dejesus may be a better option over Willingham or Cuddyler  playing at RF due of his excellent defense skills. But I know the biggest problem is that he is a left handed hitter at the same time he is a good hitter!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Just what the Sox need! Another singles hitting left handed hitter!
    Wowie! Wow!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

I can't believe everyone is talking about Dunn's defensive ability.  I don't care if he's Dewey evans in right field, he can't hit.  0.159 this year.  If he had 10 more at bats so he qualified he'd be the worst hitter in the majors by 60 points.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not thinking this is going to happen...although his bat would be perfect to complete this lineup. I'd do it with him as the DH and keep Gonzo to make them our new papi/Manny...but the money just doesn't work to have a complete team. That plus a Lackey for Dunn swap would make for a powerhouse team in fantasy land though CF Jacoby 2B Pedroia 1B Gonzo DH Pujols RF Dunn 3B Youk LF Crawford C Salty SS Scutaro/Lowrie Records would be set...but where do you afford any pitching at all
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

Did Dunn hit his weight this year???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012??? : Where do people come up with this stuff? *someone, somewhere is sitting at his desk thinking, "Sox should just get Albert Pujols, yup, yup!!" lololol
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]
    Yes...that's exactly what it is. Where are you posting from?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012???:
    [QUOTE]Could that happen--the Sox may be one of the few teams that could offer Albert an ARod like contract. With Drew, Papi, Tek and Wake coming off the books--you are looking at about $27 M, which it may take. You could then move AGon for a pitcher and positional players. Look at the St.Louis lineup--Pujols, Holliday, Berkman and Molina are surrounded by positional role players. Really the recognized names other than a few of their pitchers are those four. The Sox have Pedroia, Youk, AGon, CC, and Ellsbury--add Albert as a RH'd bat along with some good role players and you are back in business.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Mac I don't see guys like Fielder or Albert in the cards for Boston.  We have a more important mess to clean up on the pitching staff and signing a RHH RF.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He's a tool. After last night's game and the error he made not cutting the ball off, he was not around in the clubhouse to talk to the sportswriters. He made a quick exit from the locker room, leaving it up to players like Jason Motte and John Jay to answer questions about the game.

He's got cart blanche to do what he wants with the Cards.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012???:
    [QUOTE]Could that happen--the Sox may be one of the few teams that could offer Albert an ARod like contract. With Drew, Papi, Tek and Wake coming off the books--you are looking at about $27 M, which it may take. You could then move AGon for a pitcher and positional players. Look at the St.Louis lineup--Pujols, Holliday, Berkman and Molina are surrounded by positional role players. Really the recognized names other than a few of their pitchers are those four. The Sox have Pedroia, Youk, AGon, CC, and Ellsbury--add Albert as a RH'd bat along with some good role players and you are back in business.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Hey bozo - Who's going to pay Gonzalez' $23M per year salary?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not thinking this is going to happen...although his bat would be perfect to complete this lineup. I'd do it with him as the DH and keep Gonzo to make them our new papi/Manny...but the money just doesn't work to have a complete team. That plus a Lackey for Dunn swap would make for a powerhouse team in fantasy land though CF Jacoby 2B Pedroia 1B Gonzo DH Pujols RF Dunn 3B Youk LF Crawford C Salty SS Scutaro/Lowrie Records would be set...but where do you afford any pitching at all
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

How is Dunn a powerhouse hitter? Did you watch him at all this year? His year is one of the worst hitting years in the history of MLB. He was missing pitches by 6+ inches.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012??? I know I am dreaming but I like this 4 year plan : Did you just slip Prince Fielder and Albert Pujols into Fenway Park under the cover of a hangover? lol
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Red Sox have an extra $45M annually hiding somewhere. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Unbelievable that a Red Sox fan would Dunn. It must be a 12 year old troll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012??? : Hey bozo - Who's going to pay Gonzalez' $23M per year salary?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

First I am not encouraging the Sox trade AGon unless they sign Albert. 
    I think you might find a few teams out there that would pay $23 M to AGon. I think Theo for one was convinced he was good enough to sign him last year to a long term deal with the Sox and I think he would trade for him as a centerpiece to build around.
    If the Cards lose out on Albert they may do it and the Dodgers, when things settle and they get their TV contract set, they might.
    With patience during the off season  we may see several changes to the Sox that we might not have anticipated.
    I think you have lost sight of what this forum is all about-perhaps you should think about why you read the forum and why you post on the forum.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Pujols at first, "move Agone"? Break the prozacs in half next time pal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Albert Pujols playing 1b at Fenway in 2012??? : How is Dunn a powerhouse hitter? Did you watch him at all this year? His year is one of the worst hitting years in the history of MLB. He was missing pitches by 6+ inches.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I've followed the Reds for years, as well as the Sox. Adam Dunn is the hitting version of John Lackey. He will drive you absolutely insane--hit two HR one night, strike out four times the next. When Adam Dunn steps up, one of three things is going to happen: walk, home run, strike out. The walk will come with nothing going on, the HR will come in a 9-2 game, and the strikeout will come when there are RISP. No way he fits in here. His glove is lead, putting him in RF would be a disaster. The only thing he could do is DH, and he strikes out 200+ times a year, and that's if you can keep him on the field. No way. Trade for Eitheir or Kemp? Yes, but not Dunn, although, I'm sure Chicago would be glad to give him to us. My brother is a W. Sox fan, and gripes about Dunn all the time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

If you are trading Youk for Kemp, throw in Ellsbury and their pick of a minor league pitcher.  Kemp takes Ellsbury's spot, Middlebrooks takes over at 3B, with Aviles and Lowrie around to help him with the transition if he needs it, and Reddick and Kalish fight it out in RF with Linares, Hassan and Hazelbaker.  I'd even throw in Iglesias.  In this scenario, I would resign Ortiz and have Crawford, Pedroia, Gonzalez, Kemp, Ortiz, Lavarnway/Middlebrooks, Kalish, Middlebrooks/Salty and Scutaro as my lineup.  Then I would work on making the bullpen the best it could be, dump Lackey, and sign Wang and Buerhle or Harden.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

You are trading two starters and a prospect for one player who is eligible for FA after next season---I could live with that if we had 72 hours to work on an extension.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

That would make me happy because my grandson is a big Pujols fan and that way he would become a Sox fan...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

After Saturday's hitting tirade by Albert--there will be more interest in his services but fewer teams that will be able to afford him. There is a way to get this talent on the Sox.

Sections
Shortcuts