ALCS Game 2 Thread: Tigers at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: ALCS Game 2 Thread: Tigers at Red Sox

I am not ashamed to admit this former Marine had watery eyes, yup some tears of joy. From 3000 miles away in SF my heart is still in New England and what a great day for Boston, the best sports city in the USA, SF ain't too bad, with Pats & Sox today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to manosome's comment:

The SOX have Detroit right where they want them.

You were right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

sweep

like i told you

Good call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to manosome's comment:

Difference between Leyland and Farrell is Leyland manages and Farrell just stands and watches.

Yeah -- Leyland will keep changing pitchers to make sure he finds one who really scks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Iggy would have made that play....oh wait

I've said all year that Iggy would be key for the Red Sox in the postseason.Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Yeah -- Leyland will keep changing pitchers to make sure he finds one who really scks.

Leyland did over-manage the pitching changes.  And I was so happy to see Porcello on the mound in the 9th.  He didn't record an out. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

The lesson of 2013:

Yes, you can build a team that is not only competitive in the regular season but wins nearly 100 games and scores the most runs in the majors, by picking at the scrap heap... but you can't build a team that has a real shot at winning the World Series that way.

The Red Sox will overpay for an ace this offseason. They will be justified in doing so. They got the absolute most they could out of the situation they faced after the September collapse. They did the right things. They took the right approach to get back to competitiveness, but now they need to load up with legitimate stars who can deliver in the postseason, without blowing $100 million on guys who can't perform under pressure.

Good luck. It won't be easy.

Meantime, Go, B's.

Fail

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

what is dad going to make of this?????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I just watched the ending on delay a few minutes back!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team just doesn't quit.

Gotta love "no pop" Papi's blast!

Way to go Gomes & Salty!

Uuuu-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Pedey!

And all the Eeeeee's!

F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

what is dad going to make of this?????

Can't clog up the bases on a home run trot.

Where's the guy who wanted Salty batting 9th, because he never gets a big hit?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why baseball is the greatest sport on Earth.  All hustle and grit in this team.  I love it!!

I won't be able to sleep tonight after those 2 miraculous comeback wins.  Clutch is our middle name!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

that barely went thru a drawn-in infield. Luckily it doesn't matter now that Berry wasn't in the game once RP threw that wild-pitch.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?c_id=bos&content_id=31137879&partnerId=as_mlb_20131014_13092304

Big Papi adds to his #postseason legend.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

No doubt that Leland will be second guessed for not bringing in the lefty to face Ortiz. That' s how it goes. The manager makes the moves and the players either succeed or fail. Benoit failed. We win it. I would still wonder why Berry did not run for Gomes. As it turned out, it did not matter, but it surely seemed like the right move. Anyway, a great comeback win for the Sox. Changes the whole feel of this series. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The one bad thing about this is, as exciting amd magical as it was, its still a bit of a fluke win. What I mean is, its not the kind of thing thats likely to happen again. A conventional win Tuesday would do more damage to Detroit than this did. Its a little different than the comeback in game 5, 2008 because TB already had three wins, but beating Verlander is what would REALLY turn this series around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

One final thing. Glad that Hunter did not get seriously hurt falling into the bullpen , but it really was a funny sight seeing him go in head first while the bullpen cop signaled " touchdown. " 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

And the "Magic" continues. GO SOX!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

One final thing. Glad that Hunter did not get seriously hurt falling into the bullpen , but it really was a funny sight seeing him go in head first while the bullpen cop signaled " touchdown. " 

Speak for yourself dg. I was hoping he was dinged enough to go on the DL for 4-5 games. ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Speak for yourself dg. I was hoping he was dinged enough to go on the DL for 4-5 games. ;-)

Okay Exam, That's the thing. I'm a compassionate guy, while you are more ruthless. But I would be fine with " out for the season" , as opposed to " life threatening." 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

GM all.....nice comeback..timely outburst by the offense, good pitching by the pen to keep it at 5-1..tho it came late, imo the offense does need to be more consistent...bottom line they got it done....the race to three w's starts on equal footing...good game still..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Okay Exam, That's the thing. I'm a compassionate guy, while you are more ruthless. But I would be fine with " out for the season" , as opposed to " life threatening." 

I was actually quite impressed by the entire sox bullpen - they just hit a granny to tie it and keep them from being buried into the ground once and for all and they were all about helping Hunter and calling for help....classy

Sections
Shortcuts