ALCS Game 2 Thread: Tigers at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: ALCS Game 2 Thread: Tigers at Red Sox

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Tigers are just too good or too hot for us to beat them. We can't even get a BASE HIT.

[/QUOTE]

Giving up is kind of your thing apparently.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sweep

like i told you

[/QUOTE]

oh

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Tigers are just too good or too hot for us to beat them. We can't even get a BASE HIT.

[/QUOTE]

Giving up is kind of your thing apparently.

[/QUOTE] Pumpsie "game over" Green Tongue OutWink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/10/14/red-sox-unlikely-eighth-inning-rally-had-storybook-feel/t13g18RkzyPKyTAara1iKN/story.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

View image on Twitter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

View image on Twitter

[/QUOTE]

For the W!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey all....let me qualify this by saying i'm firmly in the camp of a win is a win, and it's how you finish and such, nor am i looking to discredit the finish....but being this one is heading to Motown is anyone concerned with up until Ortiz's GS, how ineffective as a unit the offense has been these first two tilts??... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

sweep

like i told you

[/QUOTE]

You funny fool.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

24 strikeouts and one hit in 12 innings come on. Leyland is taking Rarrell to school here.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure what our inability to hit Sanchez and Scherzer has to do with Leyland and Farrell.  They might finish 1/2 in CY voting.

And beating up their BP didn't necessarily make Farrell any smarter than Leyland.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice thing about baseball is that there is no clock.

[/QUOTE]

I'm about halfway through the posts, but unless I see something really good, this is the post of the day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ha ha...whaddya think of that folks.  You can't win that game, but we did.

[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine pitching a game like Scherzer did thru seven and losing the game?

[/QUOTE]

This team drives up the pitch count even when they can't hit the ball! Laughing

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that early in the game.  Scherzer was consistently in the 17-pitch range.  I'll take a hit over a long strikeout, but getting a guy like Scherzer out of the game has its merits.  The only to caution against is having the opposing SP anticipate the RS taking a lot of pitchers, and then responding with a lot of first-pitch strikes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hey all....let me qualify this by saying i'm firmly in the camp of a win is a win, and it's how you finish and such, nor am i looking to discredit the finish....but being this one is heading to Motown is anyone concerned with up until Ortiz's GS, how ineffective as a unit the offense has been these first two tilts??... 

[/QUOTE]

Not really.  I gave up trying to figure out individual games a long time ago.  Scherzer and Sanchez should not have been THIS good.  Moore and Price should not have been that bad.

Past that, there is a reason why StL, LAD, Det and the RS are here.  They are very good teams.  I'm sure that LA did not expect to be held to 2 runs in 22 innings by Kelly and Wacha.

All you can do at this point is to watch it unfold.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

sweep

like i told you

[/QUOTE]

Well, at least you waited until Detroit had a 5-0 lead until you came in.  I guess we'll see you the next time Detroit has the lead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not really.  I gave up trying to figure out individual games a long time ago.  Scherzer and Sanchez should not have been THIS good.  Moore and Price should not have been that bad.

Past that, there is a reason why StL, LAD, Det and the RS are here.  They are very good teams.  I'm sure that LA did not expect to be held to 2 runs in 22 innings by Kelly and Wacha.

[/QUOTE]hear ya JB...just gauging you guy's thoughts...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just imho, but thinking is the stuff you do in the off-season.  You do stuff that will give you 1% edges over 162 games.  I think we have too many fans trying to make sense of what happens over a very small handful of ABs and IPs.  I can up against Verlander and get a single off of his best FB.  It might happen only once in a 100 pitches, but it will happen.  Short series are unpredictable, and single games almost impossible to predict.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just imho, but thinking is the stuff you do in the off-season.  You do stuff that will give you 1% edges over 162 games.  I think we have too many fans trying to make sense of what happens over a very small handful of ABs and IPs.  I can up against Verlander and get a single off of his best FB.  It might happen only once in a 100 pitches, but it will happen.  Short series are unpredictable, and single games almost impossible to predict.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, Verland could no hit the Sox for 7 innings, like Sanchez and Sherzer did, the last two games, or the Sox could knock him out in the 4th, with  4 runs.

Really no way of knowing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yup, Verland could no hit the Sox for 7 innings, like Sanchez and Sherzer did, the last two games, or the Sox could knock him out in the 4th, with  4 runs.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, there's a lot of randomness in baseball.  Mainly, I guess, because so much depends on the performance of the starting pitcher, which can vary hugely. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep, there's a lot of randomness in baseball.  Mainly, I guess, because so much depends on the performance of the starting pitcher, which can vary hugely. 

[/QUOTE]ok, so i'll put the three of you down as not concerned Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Great, if improbable win. It was looking pretty grim there for a while and I suspect most people didn't think we were going to pull it off when we were down four runs with four outs left. We are going to have to be much better if we hope to win this series. You cannot get no hit for six innings or more and win consistently.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

Great, if improbable win. It was looking pretty grim there for a while and I suspect most people didn't think we were going to pull it off when we were down four runs with four outs left. We are going to have to be much better if we hope to win this series. You cannot get no hit for six innings or more and win consistently.

[/QUOTE] hey mr game over!! :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

great walkoff reaction..funny watching them chase down Salty...on the street somoene would have called the cops Smile 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bet you were just thrilled at the outcome, right? :-)

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]LOL..not particularly Tongue Out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]LOL..not particularly Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

You want the tigers to win, not much of a sox fan are youWink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

View image on Twitter

[/QUOTE]

For the W!

[/QUOTE]

Good one!  I was waiting for someone to post this pictures.  I guess zac isn't very interested in baseball right nowCry

Sections
Shortcuts