ALCS Game 2 Thread: Tigers at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: ALCS Game 2 Thread: Tigers at Red Sox

In response to manosome's comment:

Here's an idea. Maybe the SOX should shave off their beards before they go to Motown. I think they've used up all that BEARD VOODOO.

Like 2004 team did when they were down to Yanks 3-0..... No wait....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to manosome's comment:

Clay really 'wet the bed' tonight. When the SOX are down 3 games to 1, I'll be more comfortable. Check their recent history in ALCS's. The one's they win anyway.

Not this year my friend. The guys they signed in off season are playing they way they should, Carp was a released player, Napoli was a .220 hitter in Texas. Gomes is a National League hitter. Watch them jerk Ellsbury around this winter and he will be gone, because we will play like we are papuers again even though we threw 100 million at Pedroia, which I still cannot figure that one out.

The hitting was atrocious the last game against Tampa and we had to win on a wild pitch and infield hit. How the hell do you lose two games in your own park.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Now Sox can start hitting.  I still think they can win this series but they need to wake up and play like they did during the season.  They were better than Detroit all year ( i know Tigers won series 4-3 but that was thanks to Bailey blowing one game with HR by juicer Peralta).  

Not with one hit and 25 strikeouts in 15 innings. No way. What was Farrell doing in the dugout last inning listening to foreign language tapes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Sox are being outclassed and embarrassed. The Tigers have the perfect game plan. Has any team been so inept in their home park in the playoffs ?  This is pitiful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Now Sox can start hitting.  I still think they can win this series but they need to wake up and play like they did during the season.  They were better than Detroit all year ( i know Tigers won series 4-3 but that was thanks to Bailey blowing one game with HR by juicer Peralta).  

Not with one hit and 25 strikeouts in 15 innings. No way. What was Farrell doing in the dugout last inning listening to foreign language tapes.

All is well. Remain calm.  Its only a game.  Not your life.  We have seen two World championships in last ten years.  Imagine how Cubs fans feel.  Plus, remember all the thrills the Sox gave us this year.  Don't count them out.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sweep

like i told you

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

PEDEY

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I do think Sox might get a hit tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Sox score! sox score! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

All is well. Remain calm.  Its only a game.  Not your life.  We have seen two World championships in last ten years.  Imagine how Cubs fans feel.  Plus, remember all the thrills the Sox gave us this year.  Don't count them out.  

Sorry but I am mad at myself for buying into this and believing and then see them play like they are sleep walking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

Dare I say its like they are cursed.  This is one of the best hitting teams ever in Red Sox uniforms.  8 home runs in one game many comebacks and walkoffs.  So W T F how much partying did they do when they won the ALDS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Sorry but I am mad at myself for buying into this and believing and then see them play like they are sleep walking.

Did you quit on 2004 team when they were down 3-0 after losing game three 19-8?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

No matter what happens in this series, this is one of my all time favorite Sox teams (1963-2013).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

No that was a better team than this with Millar, Mueller, Manny, Ortiz, Cabrera, Damon, Schilling, Lowe, and Pedro Martinez.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Boston isnt playing badly -they are being shut down by an awesome pitching staff - 3 200k starters on one team? Are we such homers that we can appreciate their staff? With the exception of Jf falling asleep and letting Clay continue to throw meatballs, the Sox have been playing hard. The simple fact that Detroit is better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

Sox finally show signs of life....Sherzer showing he's human.....Papi is definitely not the Papi of '04, but may show a couple of flashbacks before its all said and done.  Nine more outs...lets see what happens.  BP has to hold it here. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

If Buch would have been yanked at due time this would have a game yet...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Boston isnt playing badly -they are being shut down by an awesome pitching staff - 3 200k starters on one team? Are we such homers that we can appreciate their staff? With the exception of Jf falling asleep and letting Clay continue to throw meatballs, the Sox have been playing hard. The simple fact that Detroit is better.

So far, but not this season.  Sox were AL's best team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kaiser Souze. Show Kaiser Souze's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

sweep

like i told you

Seems like you are pretty proud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

No that was a better team than this with Millar, Mueller, Manny, Ortiz, Cabrera, Damon, Schilling, Lowe, and Pedro Martinez.

They may have been better but that Yankee team was better than this Tiger team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Good quick shut down inning by BP.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We are not going to score the runs we got in the 1 game, the last against Detroit, 20-4, in this whole series. I don't know if we'll get 20 hits. Yup I'm depressed but my other favorite teams, Pats & 49ers won & I'd swapped their 2 wins for losses if Sox had won tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts