ALCS Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: ALCS Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow! Koji is amazing. I got so nervous after Victor's hit that I put the DVR on pause and vacuumed the rug.  Then waited and played it fast forward. LOL! Go Sox!

[/QUOTE]

The way these games are going, it might be a good idea to DVR the whole game and then play it 'fast forward.'

[/QUOTE]

Thats what I did for most of the TB series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

My response yesterday to Softy saying the Sox were in trouble for Game 3:

"Seems to me people were writing... what were the Cardinals going to do having to face Greinke and Kershaw and look how that turned out....Verlander isnt invincible, though I will admit he has been at the top of his game the last month or so. One thing we can do, which we should have been doing the 1st 2 games is Ells and Vic should be bunting towards Cabrera....make him move...may not get hits but it serves a purpose. The other thing to keep in mind is that Verlander gave up 19 Hrs this year...which is about the same every year ...a little less than one a game.....one Hr could be enough if it is hit at the right time(see papi last night)....clutch is eveything and despite the struggles the 1st 2 games...this team has been clutch all year.....the great Mariano was automatic in 2004 but the sox didnt just refuse to bat in the 9th of Game 4....you play the game...each guys does his job and we can and have beat anybody and everybody.

Not too hard to prove softy wrong, but that is calling it!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

That was a lot of fun.

Lackey was amazing.

Great game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

That was a lot of fun.

Lackey was amazing.

Great game.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome game!  

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

That was a lot of fun.

Lackey was amazing.

Great game.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome game!  

[/QUOTE]good game guys...nice job by Lackey and Verlander...Uehara's just automatic..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

why is Lackey starting Game 3 and lined up for a game 7? Insanity

[/QUOTE]

Geo is now threatening DiMaggio's record, just that he is shooting for being wrong 56 times in a row.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Obviously the secret if for me to not watch. Didn't see a single pitch because of (a) work and (b) my son's baseball practice.  I was listening to Joe and Dave. Lackey was incredible (had a hunch he would be, though he passed my expectations) and the pen did its job (albeit with some drama in the 8th).

Love this team!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

And although it's been said many times, many ways, what the hell is up with the board?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geo is now threatening DiMaggio's record, just that he is shooting for being wrong 56 times in a row.

[/QUOTE]

He was a Bobby V man. Tried and true.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And although it's been said many times, many ways, what the hell is up with the board?

[/QUOTE]

The people running it are either drunk all the time, or they don't drink enough. It is horrible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought lackey was going to punch napoli. ..which may have been a good idea. Good job lackey!

[/QUOTE]

I think Napoli will continue to go o'fer, striking out most of the time, but will have a critical hit in this series somewhere.

He has been cold for some time now, going back to regular season.

[/QUOTE]

'Critical hit in this series somewhere'

Okay, he didn't mention exactly which game or which AB, but if no one objects, I'll nominate this for the post of the day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]let's go Geo!!...clap, clap, clapclapclap Tongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Reading this game thread. I have to laugh at some of the recurring themes.  1 - Napoli stinks.   2 - Farrell is an idiot. Does not know how to manage a game.  3 - McCarver is incompetent and biased against the Sox.   Here is the reality :  1 - Napoli had the game winning home run.  2 - Farrell managed the game beautifully. Pushed all of the right buttons , as he has done so often this year.  3 - McCarver is at least half way over the hill , but he made some very good points and called things fairly for both teams, giving credit where it was due. The overall pre game , game itself and post game were very well done. ..... I do my share of complaining , but it seems like some complain just to hear themselves complain or to parrot other's opinions. Finally , it is preposterous to re- evaluate players or managers every at bat or every inning.  This was a great, dramatic and suspense filled game. Two best teams in the A.L. going at it.  Two outstanding managers calling the shots. There was nothing to complain about. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

Obviously the secret if for me to not watch. Didn't see a single pitch because of (a) work and (b) my son's baseball practice.  I was listening to Joe and Dave. Lackey was incredible (had a hunch he would be, though he passed my expectations) and the pen did its job (albeit with some drama in the 8th).

Love this team!!

[/QUOTE]

Joe and Dave is the way to go LD. Best in the business. Lackey pitched toe to toe with Verlander and Koji was...well, Koji 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His sweep for Tigers prediction isn't looking too good is it?  What a loser!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reading this game thread. I have to laugh at some of the recurring themes.  1 - Napoli stinks.   2 - Farrell is an idiot. Does not know how to manage a game.  3 - McCarver is incompetent and biased against the Sox.   Here is the reality :  1 - Napoli had the game winning home run.  2 - Farrell managed the game beautifully. Pushed all of the right buttons , as he has done so often this year.  3 - McCarver is at least half way over the hill , but he made some very good points and called things fairly for both teams, giving credit where it was due. The overall pre game , game itself and post game were very well done. ..... I do my share of complaining , but it seems like some complain just to hear themselves complain or to parrot other's opinions. Finally , it is preposterous to re- evaluate players or managers every at bat or every inning.  This was a great, dramatic and suspense filled game. Two best teams in the A.L. going at it.  Two outstanding managers calling the shots. There was nothing to complain about. 

[/QUOTE]

The armchair quarterbacks doing their thing. I'm sure softy will have a great analysis tomorrow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell did great job with pen.  I agreed with him taking out Lackey but I didn't want Taz, but that was debateable.  No one, however will ever convince me that not bunting in the eighth was smart.  That was stupid managing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exaxtly, gale. These games are hard to manage. One wrong move,you're looking at a lose and being second guessed. to death. Hard game to watch but we're in the drivers seat 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I contacted them, LD. they're working on it...still and again. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exaxtly, gale. These games are hard to manage. One wrong move,you're looking at a lose and being second guessed. to death. Hard game to watch but we're in the drivers seat 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The manager makes the moves. Goes with the players he trusts. Then , it is up to the player to do his job. Sometimes it doesn't work out. I don't mind the second guessing. It goes with being a fan. But saying that Farrell does not know what he is doing is ridiculous.

Sections
Shortcuts