ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

Peavy vs. Fister

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

Thank you FOX for giving the west coast the opportunity to see this game live.

3pm s eastern, 12pm pacific for game 3????   Are you kidding me?

no worries!  As I firmly believe that we would have lost if I had been able to see it live.

keep up the good work FOX. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Could not agree more. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Looking forward to a bulldog performance from Peavy who is making the Iggy trade look better and better.  Go Sox!

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

this is where the Sox need to begin their "go for the throat" push...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank you FOX for giving the west coast the opportunity to see this game live.

3pm s eastern, 12pm pacific for game 3????   Are you kidding me?

no worries!  As I firmly believe that we would have lost if I had been able to see it live.

keep up the good work FOX. :)

[/QUOTE]

Making the ET population stay up passed midnight is better for two ET teams? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I think the biggest momentum swing happened when Papi sent one into the Sox BP in game 2.  Until then Tigers were cruising with sweep in their minds.  It was highly probably in my mind too.  Now Sox in 5 looks just as probable.

Also, if Drew had a 2-run single with bases loaded and he struck out to end the inning in game 1, we could be sitting on a probability for sweep.

All this make for an exciting series, and a pretty tormenting one if I were a Tigers fan.

Here's to hoping Sox lineup gets going tonight.  They are long over due.

And Peavy to continue the spectacular run of starting pitching for Sox in this playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this is where the Sox need to begin their "go for the throat" push...

[/QUOTE]

Morning Jete, that comment reminds me of my wife. (Just joking)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Your also right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I haven't looked forward to a game this much since we completed the The Boston Massacre against the yankees in mid September.........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Red Sox bats should wake up against Fister in Game 4.Expect something like an 8-3 Boston win tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Hopefully Peavy will be spot on ...............bats need to come alive for Sox though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Red Sox bats should wake up against Fister in Game 4.

[/QUOTE]

time for some otherworldly help:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What we need is to continue the strong pitching of course and then if Ellsbury could just get hot that should put is over the edge.

I can't remember the last time that guy led off an inning by reaching base safely.  If he wants that 9 digit pay day, he needs to light it up beginning tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I have not read anywhere what I think helped Verlander to weaken. In the 6th he was already at about 100 pitches/he ended with 120. Ellsbury singled and it was 0-0 and Verlander made at least, I'm guessing, 20 pitches to 1st to keep him close. I think that those tosses which had to be accurate added to his pitch count fatigue.

Other than the 12-2 vs Tampa in game 1, these games have all been close. 1-2 run lead, except Tigers 5-0 in game 2, have been critical. I would think about our speedies, Ells, Vic, Pedey and even Nava, Drew & Gomes laying down bunts toward the very immobile Cabrera to get a man on 1st & then disturb the pitcher's concentration as I said in first paragraph.

Being greedy perhaps but I want a sweep in Detroit I don't want to face Scherzer and Verlander again even in Fenway.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I gotta tell you, Cabrera looks pretty good to me out in the field.  I don't see an October 2008 version of Mike Lowell out there.  Maybe I wrong but that's what I see.........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I think Farrell should look to start Boggy tonight.  I was thinking yesterday that Naps to come out of bench tonight and Middy and Boggy start at 1B and 3B.  But after that HR by Naps, he won't be sitting tonight.  So I say give Middy a rest and start Boggy at 3B tonight.  Even though Boggy only has 3 PA so far in his postseason career, he had very good 3 ABs.  He was very patient and worked the count, foul off pitches, and never struck out most importantly.  Why not give him a chance tonight for a little spark in the lineup?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What we need is to continue the strong pitching of course and then if Ellsbury could just get hot that should put is over the edge.

I can't remember the last time that guy led off an inning by reaching base safely.  If he wants that 9 digit pay day, he needs to light it up beginning tonight.

[/QUOTE]

He was phenomenal in the ALDS, but you're right he needs to perform all postseason long if he wants to cash in. I also feel like Pedey needs to get hot, when he hits the rest of the lineup behind him seems to follow suit.

I am confident in Peavy, if he throws a gem Farrell will have to really think hard about which game he pitches if we get to the WS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Red Sox bats should wake up against Fister in Game 4.

[/QUOTE]

time for some otherworldly help:

[/QUOTE]

You don't help me tee off on the only mediocre pitcher in the Tigs rotation, I say F*&K YOU JOBU

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was phenomenal in the ALDS, but you're right he needs to perform all postseason long if he wants to cash in. I also feel like Pedey needs to get hot, when he hits the rest of the lineup behind him seems to follow suit.

I am confident in Peavy, if he throws a gem Farrell will have to really think hard about which game he pitches if we get to the WS.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it won't be ahead of Lackey or Lester in the pecking order.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Farrell should look to start Boggy tonight.  I was thinking yesterday that Naps to come out of bench tonight and Middy and Boggy start at 1B and 3B.  But after that HR by Naps, he won't be sitting tonight.  So I say give Middy a rest and start Boggy at 3B tonight.  Even though Boggy only has 3 PA so far in his postseason career, he had very good 3 ABs.  He was very patient and worked the count, foul off pitches, and never struck out most importantly.  Why not give him a chance tonight for a little spark in the lineup?

[/QUOTE]

If you go w/ Boggy, he should play SS....Drew has not hit Fister in the past but Middlebrooks has.  Nava and Salty HAVE to start too - they have hit Fister well in the past.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Peavy challenge tonight is obvious:

Keep Austin Jackson cold and off the bases and pitch around Cabrera.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I wouldn't get too Confident against Fister...he can be very tough and he has been very good at home. We need the tbale setters to do their job, get on base.....ceate sme havoc on the base paths....The Tigers can be run on and we havent been able to take advantage of that....we have won our 2 games using the Long Bal.....we need to win a small ball game and support what I think will be a good outing by Peavy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Lineups?

Sections
Shortcuts