ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

In response to Eddymon's comment:

Can't pitch, forgot how to hit.

Not looking good at all.

No more of this Farrell, so glad we traded for such a crappy post season manager.  

Wow the sky is really falling here, huh? One lousy inning from a pitcher and a booted ball by Pedroia and Farrell is the one you're calling out?

My goodness...a manager can cost you a season, or even a game, but he didn't boot that ball.

And what's wrong with the hitting? I think they're all over him. They just gotta catch the ball right.

A few runs this inning and there's no issue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

Get that excuse of a pitcher out of there.  He is horrible.  We gutted out two wins to have this guy give them this game.  What a sad situation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

In response to dwtime's comment:

Mind as well fly back to Boston now, nice effort Peavy.

That by no means was a nice effort, he suck on so many levels there

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Peavey. And Pedey.  kick the door open for the tigers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Someone on these boards wanted Peavy in game 3, and Lackey in 4, so that Lackey would only pitch once, but Peavy twice, and the all important game 7.

I am glad Farrell knew better.

Even Dempster would have been better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Long way to go tonight. We've been hee many, many times this year. With this team its not over to the final out. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

I never thought peavy would pitch like that in the playoffs, I had so hope he was gonna help put nail in that broke city's team

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Are people really giving up already?  Peavy has been awful but the Sox bats have looked better.  Bring in Doubie or Dumpster, chip away at the lead and we will be fine.  Fister ain't that Verlander, Scherzer, or Sanchez.  We'll be alright.

Also, has this team taught you anything?  Cough cough Game 2 cough cough

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

See now pedroia boots on. The stress is getting to them. No matter what the series score is. It's over fellas.

After all they've done this year, you're about to count them out because they've allowed 4 early runs?

I suppose you quit on them on Sunday, too.

Thgy lost their share of comebacks this year too. If they don't win this game, its because they can't ht. If they can't hit tonight, they won't the rest of the series. LA beat StL today because they finally hit. Like the Tigers just did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to djcbuffum's comment:

Are they intentionally throwing this game?

Sure appears like it. Throwing offspeed stuff to jackson and then Drew doing that early foot off the bag thing again?

Farrell needs to address that, IMMEDIATELY.

How are you blaming Drew for anything in that half of the inning?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

5-0. Tell me now it's not over. C'mon bro. Wake up. They MAY win, but it will be improbable. This has the makings of a nightmare.

They might win?  I got some swamp land to sell you in Florida......I'm with AFNAV130's improbable is the optomistic word at this point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

5-0. Tell me now it's not over. C'mon bro. Wake up. They MAY win, but it will be improbable. This has the makings of a nightmare.

Are you freaking kidding me?  What was the score in Game 2 in the 7TH INNING?

You give up every game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Are people really giving up already?  Peavy has been awful but the Sox bats have looked better.  Bring in Doubie or Dumpster, chip away at the lead and we will be fine.  Fister ain't that Verlander, Scherzer, or Sanchez.  We'll be alright.

Also, has this team taught you anything?  Cough cough Game 2 cough cough

Yeah and another whiff. I can feel the breeze from here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

I am an eternal optomist but I dont see much to be optomistic about at this juncture of this game.  Come on Peavy,  when he walked the first run in he could not even throw a strike.  Whew I cant percieve what just happened after all the good pitching we all witnessed.  So now what another Papi grand slam.  The odds arent good but I will stay an optomist but boy its hard after watching perhaps the worst playoff inning for a Red Sox pitcher evah.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Did Ellsbury really just have an off-the-wall single? lol

Those bats really suck though...

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

They might win?  I got some swamp land to sell you in Florida......I'm with AFNAV130's improbable is the optomistic word at this point.

Hey, whiner who goes onto every Boston game thread, have you learned anything about this team?  You pull the same shenanigans on the Pats thread.

I would hate to be as miserable as you.  I don't think I've seen you write anything except whining garbage.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Mind as well fly back to Boston now, nice effort Peavy.

Game 5 is in Detroit..

lol

Even more of a reason!!!!!  Foot in Mouth

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Wonder if Ells gets the green light here...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to RedSoxvsGiants' comment:

I am an eternal optomist but I dont see much to be optomistic about at this juncture of this game.  Come on Peavy,  when he walked the first run in he could not even throw a strike.  Whew I cant percieve what just happened after all the good pitching we all witnessed.  So now what another Papi grand slam.  The odds arent good but I will stay an optomist but boy its hard after watching perhaps the worst playoff inning for a Red Sox pitcher evah.

I lean towards hopeful, but 4 runs due to an error and all due to walks is a shame. It's deflating no matter how hard you try to get over it. They may win, but unless the scratch a run or two here it's over. Nice swing at a pitch in the dirt by Vic right there. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I think the Sox would prefer to just win and get at least two more home games in the WS, no?

Sections
Shortcuts