ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess it's pretty obvious that the Peavy/Iggy controversy can have some closure. Detroit wins on that deal, but the SOX FO had no choice because of the malingering of one Clay Buchholz.

[/QUOTE]

Alias alert - Pacquaio and others

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ortiz other than the slam he hit the other night has looked lost at the plate this series, hitting .067. when the pitching is not lights out, this team does not have enough offensive talent to win ball games. especially against quality pitchers. gomes, nava, drew are just black holes in the line up. drew needs to be benched for bogaerts. without a doubt. 0-4 tonight for drew, enough is enough. the only positives tonight were ellsbury who continues to hit, napoli got a few hits and salty as well got 2 hits. gotta do better next game, pedroia cant be making mistakes like he did today. that botched double play was huge and the ball hit could not have been more routine. lester on the mound for game 5, hopefully the bats will step it up and we can pick up the win heading back to boston. 

[/QUOTE] it's strange, due to he doesn't look to be doing anything different at the plate..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

I guess it's pretty obvious that the Peavy/Iggy controversy can have some closure. Detroit wins on that deal, but the SOX FO had no choice because of the malingering of one Clay Buchholz.

Iggy is a career utility IF. Its not closed except in your mind

[/QUOTE]

Other people with quite a lot of baseball acumen think differently.  I noticed that both Buck and McCarver - whom I dislike as announcers but have been around the game long enough to recognize talent - were talking of Iggy being a starting SS for "10-12 years". 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Iggy is a career utility IF. Its not closed except in your mind

[/QUOTE]

Other people with quite a lot of baseball acumen think differently.  I noticed that both Buck and McCarver - whom I dislike as announcers but have been around the game long enough to recognize talent - were talking of Iggy being a starting SS for "10-12 years". 

[/QUOTE]

One thing is certain. When a Sox player is traded, there will always be those who continually bash him. I guess it is their way of showing support to the GM .  Time will tell with Iglesias, but I believe he will be a terrific shortstop for years to come. Most knowledgable and objective observers agree with this.