ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Re: ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

See Nava, close, he swung. foul. Unless it's 3-2 and you know it's a ball, swing. That was ball. Shouldn't have swung. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BTW, how many interviews have the Tigers had?  My goodness.  Hop of their sack.  Do the Sox refuse to give as many or is Fox just that obsessed with the Tigers?

[/QUOTE]

I think they are in love with tiger's pitching.  It's anoying.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Sox need to get something started soon to chip away at this lead.  May be 2 runs in 4th would be nice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Watching too many hittable pitches right down the middle

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Now Salty gets it to the outfield!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to dwtime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

5-0. Tell me now it's not over. C'mon bro. Wake up. They MAY win, but it will be improbable. This has the makings of a nightmare.

[/QUOTE]

They might win?  I got some swamp land to sell you in Florida......I'm with AFNAV130's improbable is the optomistic word at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, whiner who goes onto every Boston game thread, have you learned anything about this team?  You pull the same shenanigans on the Pats thread.

I would hate to be as miserable as you.  I don't think I've seen you write anything except whining garbage.

[/QUOTE]

For me it about people who get paid more than Ill most likely ever make in my life, look so horrible at their jobs. You get paid millions and you constantly watch strike three go by. I'm sorry. Or youdon't throw faststballs when your breaking stuff isn't working? I'd rather see thing for what they are. They MAY win, but it's not likely. Not unless there is a serious shift in plate discipline. 

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that both teams have professionals on them, right?  If the Sox players succeeded every time, how would that make the opposition look?  These guys are the best of the best.  Sometimes the opponent beats you.  It happens.

[/QUOTE]

It's not about succeding. Its about swinging the bat. At close pitches. I can do that. You learn early, nothing is worse than get caught looking strike three. You protect the plate. If you don't swing with 2 strikes you are hoping rather than doing. You'll get beat once in a while sure. But this is getting bad.

[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with that.  I thought their approach in the first 2 games was pretty bad.  I would rather have them go up and swing at the first pich they could hit.  Once either Sanchez or Scherzer had them down in the count, they were toast.  I also hate third called strikes.  Don't let the umpire dictate whether or not you get out.

Also, I've noticed that very few players have a 2-strike approach.  What ever happened to choking up and getting on the plate?  Shorten your damn swing and make contact.  Especially against a guy who is flat out dealing.

[/QUOTE]

This. See I can agree with everything you just said. However it's their plan to drive pitch counts up. I can sort of see that with the other starters, but not with this clown. And you are right, choke up on the bat. Get a single. Then another. There we go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did I mention this turd's obvious and average offspeed stuff are never strikes?  So infuriating. Why is my scouting better than the team's?

[/QUOTE]

Yup. Haven't seen it very often.

....And there's another scattered hit. Someone bring his slow a** around...please.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Sox making fister look like a ace too, bats need to show up soon. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I think Steven is more animated than JD, would you say ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

[QUOTE]

BTW, how many interviews have the Tigers had?  My goodness.  Hop of their sack.  Do the Sox refuse to give as many or is Fox just that obsessed with the Tigers?

[/QUOTE]

Jack and Tim plus rosenthal...all yankee devotees

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

That was ball. And he swung at it. Sigh. Let's go Drew!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So teddy, are they going to win tonight?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

At this moment, Ladbrokes in England posts the odds of the Red Sox winning this game at 12-1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Someone just won with 6:1 odds! Pay up! The sky is clearing!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Sox are scoring starting in the 5th inning, just watch.  They have scouted Fister now, they are getting the ball to the outfield.  Next is to go yard.

And Peavy is going to put up 0's for next couple of innings, at the least, before he gets relieved.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Gomes over Nava a million times... Team is different

Sox have scored only  in 5 of  31 innings...lets wait for the big rally sooner than later

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox are scoring starting in the 5th inning, just watch.  They have scouted Fister now, they are getting the ball to the outfield.  Next is to go yard.

And Peavy is going to put up 0's for next couple of innings, at the least, before he gets relieved.

[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So teddy, are they going to win tonight?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know but I have learned not to give up on this team, unlike a lot of fair weather "fans"on the board tonight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A corpse is more animated than J.D.

[/QUOTE]

Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

These bats look anemic....are all the Detroit pitchers cy young candidates this year? By driving up his pitch count too many great pitches are going by.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Duh !!! We're winning the hit battle 4-3 !!! Sorry, I am so disgusted still with the 3 walks & Pedey's error that I'm trying to be humorous & positve.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gomes over Nava a million times... Team is different

Sox have scored only  in 5 of  31 innings...lets wait for the big rally sooner than later

[/QUOTE]

Nava is a left handed hitter who hit .300 this year, facing a righty. Why would you throw Gomes in?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

You hang it.  They bang it.  Get your meatballs down, Jake.