ALCS start times??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

ALCS start times??

How come they haven't posted the start times yet?

Maybe just once we could have a normal 7pm start time?

They should at least have the start times for Fenway posted!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Re: ALCS start times??

I don't care what time the game starts, I WILL DEFINITELY BE WATCHING. To HELL with any other plans I have on Saturday, it's all about the SOX NOW. GO SOX!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Bring it on!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:

I don't care what time the game starts, I WILL DEFINITELY BE WATCHING. To HELL with any other plans I have on Saturday, it's all about the SOX NOW. GO SOX!

Hey I agree but I have work on the weekends plus other events I need to schedule around....Family events I can schedule around so I need to know the times but work is work and I can't do anything about that........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

THAT IS BECAUSE THERE IS TWO GAMES ON THAT DAY WHEN BOSTON BEGIN THEIR GAME ONE AT FENWAY PARK.   THERE ARE FOUR DAYS THAT HAVE TWO GAMES ON THE SAME DAY WHILE OTHER THREE DAYS, THERE ARE ONLY ONE GAME.  SO THE DAY THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE GAME, WE ALL ASSUME THAT GAME TIME IS AROUND 8 TO 8 30 PM WHILE OTHER FOUR, WE COULD ASSUME BOSTON COULD PLAY TWO GAMES AT 4PM AND OTHER TWO AT 8 PM.  

JUST WAIT UNTIL AFTER TOMORROW NITE GAME

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So it would be either 4 or 8?  are those the only 2 choices?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Hey I agree but I have work on the weekends plus other events I need to schedule around....Family events I can schedule around so I need to know the times but work is work and I can't do anything about that........

You're right.

They should speed up the process, just for you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

THAT IS BECAUSE THERE IS TWO GAMES ON THAT DAY WHEN BOSTON BEGIN THEIR GAME ONE AT FENWAY PARK.   THERE ARE FOUR DAYS THAT HAVE TWO GAMES ON THE SAME DAY WHILE OTHER THREE DAYS, THERE ARE ONLY ONE GAME.  SO THE DAY THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE GAME, WE ALL ASSUME THAT GAME TIME IS AROUND 8 TO 8 30 PM WHILE OTHER FOUR, WE COULD ASSUME BOSTON COULD PLAY TWO GAMES AT 4PM AND OTHER TWO AT 8 PM.  

JUST WAIT UNTIL AFTER TOMORROW NITE GAME

Actually, you should know tonight.  If the Cardinals win, they will host and my guess is the Red Sox will get the evening start time (since the NL opener will be Friday night).  If the Pirates win, the LA hosts and they would probably get the 8 pm Eastern start (5 pm Pacific).

And don't shout. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

7 pm ain't happening.  Fox and TBS control the start times, and they will be 4 and 8 in some order or another.

Sunday will be an 8 o'clock start at Fenway, avoiding head to head with the NFL as much as possible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

You're right.

They should speed up the process, just for you.

Thank you!  That is exactly what my mother said!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

7 pm ain't happening.  Fox and TBS control the start times, and they will be 4 and 8 in some order or another.

Sunday will be an 8 o'clock start at Fenway, avoiding head to head with the NFL as much as possible.

Sunday is always a bad day to have baseball games even playoff games since many sports fans still favor the NFL over baseball.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Sunday is always a bad day to have baseball games even playoff games since many sports fans still favor the NFL over baseball.  

not really, this sunday niite NFL game is dallas against wash.  no one will watch that game especially Tony Romo as a QB.  Boston Red Sox fans and the opponent fans will help the MLB network to have a higher rating than NFL network.  Of course these Yankees fans will sneak in and watch that game and root against the Red Sox.

But the following week is DEnver vs Indy.  PAts will be done by 4pm, and then of course the same fans will watch MLB that nite.  But it is possible the ALCS could be over by then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

not really, this sunday niite NFL game is dallas against wash.  no one will watch that game especially Tony Romo as a QB.  Boston Red Sox fans and the opponent fans will help the MLB network to have a higher rating than NFL network.  Of course these Yankees fans will sneak in and watch that game and root against the Red Sox.

But the following week is DEnver vs Indy.  PAts will be done by 4pm, and then of course the same fans will watch MLB that nite.  But it is possible the ALCS could be over by then.

I thought most yankee fans were Dallas Cowboy fans?  You know the ones who started watching sports in the late 70's and had such a pathetic school life that they wanted to be identified in some capacity with a winner

And I am glad they like Dallas because it would suck to be rooting w/ those weenies together for the Giants............

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

unfortunately most yankee fans are also giants fans.  jets / mets & yanks / giants.  there are exceptions but that pairing is generally the way it is.

as for start times...here's my guess.

FOX will want the higher ratings during primetime.

if the cards win...it will be dodgers/cards @ 8pm (primetime matchup). 

if buccos win the sox will play whomever at 8pm.

% fans:

cards/dodgers > sox/oak or det

sox/oak or det > pirates/dodgers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i had ESPN radio on last night, and i'm pretty sure he said G1 is @8

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[/QUOTE]the Cowboys usually stuggle against the Skins'.....but i'll be checking in on that one for pool purposes..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Aren't you a Cowboys fan?  It's either the Cowboys or Steelers, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

no AM, i'm a Phins' fan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

no AM, i'm a Phins' fan

Ah Dolphins.  That's right!  That's the 3rd choice. Cowboys, Steelers and Dolphines were the teams of the 70's....So just as I thought, most yankee fans can not stand not be associated with a winner....................

Me?  I was a Red Sox/Giant fan at birth and I had to wait 18 years for the Giants and 35 years for the Red Sox................And now, well, both teams are pretty much in their glory days..........Gotta love it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

no AM, i'm a Phins' fan

Ah Dolphins.  That's right!  That's the 3rd choice. Cowboys, Steelers and Dolphines were the teams of the 70's....So just as I thought, most yankee fans can not stand not be associated with a winner....................

Me?  I was a Red Sox/Giant fan at birth and I had to wait 18 years for the Giants and 35 years for the Red Sox................And now, well, both teams are pretty much in their glory days..........Gotta love it!

fail....nice try though...those years were over by the time i was growing up....Zach Thomas(Texas Tech) was my favorite college player at the time Miami drafted him....you really should quit trying to make assumptions about people you know nothing about...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Game one corresponds with NL game two, and Im assuming our game one will get primetime, so probably 8:30. Then the NL is off Sunday, so another 8:30 game Id guess. After that, who knows. Depends on east or west coast and NL series status. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

no AM, i'm a Phins' fan

Not the Giants Mitch. 0-5, soon to be 0-6.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

no AM, i'm a Phins' fan

fail....nice try though...those years were over by the time i was growing up....Zach Thomas(Texas Tech) was my favorite college player at the time Miami drafted him....you really should quit trying to make assumptions about people you know nothing about...

not so fast, they were fairly recent winners.....Giants had never won a SB at that point.....I know a bunch of really annoying yankee fans in my town who are also Phins fans......like peanut butter & jelly!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

no AM, i'm a Phins' fan

Not the Giants Mitch. 0-5, soon to be 0-6.

sure not this year but generally speaking for the past 5+ years......

Sections
Shortcuts