ALDS Game 1 Thread:Rays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: ALDS Game 1 Thread:Rays at Red Sox

In response to jete02fan's comment:

big break for the Sox...outfield follies by the Rays...

Yeah, the Rays didn't get a break with that gift in the 2nd inning Undecided

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice inning

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Anybody else think the Sox bullpen was screaming "I got it!!!" or something along those lines when Meyers had that miscue?  It seemed like he called it and was under it until he peeled off at the last second.  That's my only explanation

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hate to say it, but, the Rays are bleeding.....and the Sox are.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] i'm not suggesting they didn't....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

....and you guys were worried about us against Moore, just took hits and some luck. 

Still don't like the strike zone for the Rays vs Sox. Moore getting more of the corners, no pun intended.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, I already said I would be shocked if Lester or Farrell didnt mention that MLB needs more consistent Umps on the playoffs, don't diss the specific guy just pin it on Selig and MLB

[/QUOTE]

It's how the Rays are so "consistent" every year. I have MLB extra innings. I've watched a lot of Rays games, innings here and there. They appear to get better strike zones than opposing teams. I truly believe this is why they are this good. Price and Moore are good on their own. They consistently get better strike zones, it makes them lethal. It would happen with Garza as well. This allows them to have a .250 avg as a team and win as much as they do. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

here is where you see Lester is not an ace... he is good yes but an true ace doesnt give up two bombs to single hitters... Lester needed to shut the Rays down completely and so far he has not... Moore however has done exactly what Lester needed to do... hope the Sox bats wake up and score some runs... this Rays team is extremely boring imo but they dont need a lot of runs to win because their pitching is so good...

What was that again?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, your posts seem to imply a little bit of hypocricy.  With the first blown call that led to the homer, you said "pitch just a little too fat."  No remarks on how pathetic the blown call was that led to that homer.  Then, when the Sox got a break (even though this was not a bad call, just a bad play by the opposition) your post came off as condescending and a way to diminish the Sox capitalizing. 

It's all good.  Just saying it goes both ways.  Good teams capitalize on mistakes by both the umpires and the opposition.  Sox made the most of it.  Cheers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Anybody else think the Sox bullpen was screaming "I got it!!!" or something along those lines when Meyers had that miscue?  It seemed like he called it and was under it until he peeled off at the last second.  That's my only explanation

I remember A-Rod doing that to a Sox SS, don't know which one, as he was running from 2nd to 3rd.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

....and you guys were worried about us against Moore, just took hits and some luck. 

Still don't like the strike zone for the Rays vs Sox. Moore getting more of the corners, no pun intended.

Totally agree, I already said I would be shocked if Lester or Farrell didnt mention that MLB needs more consistent Umps on the playoffs, don't diss the specific guy just pin it on Selig and MLB

It's how the Rays are so "consistent" every year. I have MLB extra innings. I've watched a lot of Rays games, innings here and there. They appear to get better strike zones than opposing teams. I truly believe this is why they are this good. Price and Moore are good on their own. They consistently get better strike zones, it makes them lethal. It would happen with Garza as well. This allows them to have a .250 avg as a team and win as much as they do. 

Good pitchers who are always around the strike zone, and throw it where the catchers glove was set...will get close calls.  No conspiracy there.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Glad to see a lot of Football forum guys here, how's it going? I am Vegas geting shitty

Pretty good.  Idk if things have changed here, but between softy and a few other guys I couldn't read this forum anymore.  Game threads are usually pretty civil though so I thought I'd make an appearance.  Still a loyal fan though!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

oh yep, the rest, home field, setting up ur pitching rotation.. are all coming up roses for the sawx!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

IMob,you could have something there, they are kicking that one around in the booth

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

RIP

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Come on Salty, man up.  They walked the guy ahead of you.

At least, no DP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

You know you have the right guy in the

lineup when they intentionally walk him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, your posts seem to imply a little bit of hypocricy.  With the first blown call that led to the homer, you said "pitch just a little too fat."  No remarks on how pathetic the blown call was that led to that homer.  Then, when the Sox got a break (even though this was not a bad call, just a bad play by the opposition) your post came off as condescending and a way to diminish the Sox capitalizing. 

It's all good.  Just saying it goes both ways.  Good teams capitalize on mistakes by both the umpires and the opposition.  Sox made the most of it.  Cheers.

[/QUOTE] my fault on the first one...came back into the room just before the pitch, and on my other post i was actually trying to make two comments acknowledging the Sox capitalizing, and also tweaking the Rays for that sequence...no slight intended...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Maddon looks shell shocked.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Sean Rodriguez had been embarrassed by the Monster and that's Karma for the HR he didn't deserve

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Loved that look on Maddon after that double by Salty.  Must be wondering "may be I shouldn't have intentionally walked Gomes, that cost me another run."