ALDS Game 1 Thread:Rays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: ALDS Game 1 Thread:Rays at Red Sox

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to blingblang's comment:

Lester seems to not have it today, when the lineup doesn't seem to have it either.

But then it is still only 4th, as long Lester can keep it 2-0.

When has the lineup had it against good lefites all year? Check the stats.

30 teams in MLB.  Boston is 2nd in wins against LHP.  Please interpret.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

here is where you see Lester is not an ace... he is good yes but an true ace doesnt give up two bombs to single hitters... Lester needed to shut the Rays down completely and so far he has not... Moore however has done exactly what Lester needed to do... hope the Sox bats wake up and score some runs... this Rays team is extremely boring imo but they dont need a lot of runs to win because their pitching is so good...

Zobrist has 20 or more HRs 3x.  He's not a slugger, but he isn't a singles hitter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to freediro's comment:

Glad to see a lot of Football forum guys here, how's it going? I am Vegas geting shitty

Pretty good.  Idk if things have changed here, but between softy and a few other guys I couldn't read this forum anymore.  Game threads are usually pretty civil though so I thought I'd make an appearance.  Still a loyal fan though!

FWIW, Softy guaranteed a series win.  I get on his case a lot, but he wasn't shy about calling it for the RS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

I have a feeling about today.  Sox bats are gonna come out hot.  I wouldn't be surprised if they score 10 runs today.

You called it man... i couldnt have been more wrong....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

Loved that look on Maddon after that double by Salty.  Must be wondering "may be I shouldn't have intentionally walked Gomes, that cost me another run."

Haha, I thought more like I wish my bullpen could get ready so I didn't have to leave this bum in. 

Yeah, that was a bad matchup.  He couldn't get the RP up fast enough, because he's a starter, and even if he got ready in one batter, he loses the R/R matchup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Its interesting how everyone nows says Lester is an ace when all year almost everyone on this board pretty much said Lester is not even a 2.... its cool though... i really like Lester and always have... im just glad the Sox won.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

TB (Moore) @ BOS (Lester) 3:07 PM ET

THANKS FOR TAKING CARE OF THE BEARD, FELLAS AND GOILS! 

What a great turn around from looking like Jon had surrendered two homers too many to BAM!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Its interesting how everyone nows says Lester is an ace when all year almost everyone on this board pretty much said Lester is not even a 2.... its cool though... i really like Lester and always have... im just glad the Sox won.

The crowd is pretty much split on Lester.. Pumpsie is the only one that considers him a #5.  I'm not sure anyone considers him an ace, at least this year.  I would consider him an ace since his first full season, just not lately.  I'd guess most consider him a high #2.

My remark was based on two things.  The first is that Zorilla is not a singles hitter.  The second, which I didn't mention, is that there isn't too much you can do when you're down 3-1 to the leadoff hitter, with Myers and Longoria coming up.  You don't have to groove one, but you have to throw strikes.  You can't walk him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In all likelyhood, the Rays can start singing, Wait 'till next year". Their best pitcher looked very ordinary right from the start. Maybe nerves, but if they can this to him, I wouldn't afraid of Price. Cobb is their best bet, and he's beatable by this team. Hlidson is having big problems (if it GETS that far!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to manosome's comment:

Myers says he didn't hear anything, but he saw something. Paranormal activity, perhaps?

He's not even a half-decent outfiekder. They'sve got to do something with him, or hell cost them more games than this one; i.e., th sox would have won this game even had he made the play! But, he'll do it in the 8th or 9th inning sooner or later, and Maddon will sit him, or use him strictly as a pinch hitter.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Oh Oh

there goes tampabay

Godzilla

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

In all likelyhood, the Rays can start singing, Wait 'till next year". Their best pitcher looked very ordinary right from the start. Maybe nerves, but if they can this to him, I wouldn't afraid of Price. Cobb is their best bet, and he's beatable by this team. Hlidson is having big problems (if it GETS that far!)

Their 'best pitcher' is Price. Cobb is their 2nd best pitcher.

By ERA its Cobb, Moore, then Price. I would reverse them in terms of their effectiveness potential on the Sox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to ADG's comment:

Lester seems to not have it today, when the lineup doesn't seem to have it either.

But then it is still only 4th, as long Lester can keep it 2-0.

When has the lineup had it against good lefites all year? Check the stats.

30 teams in MLB.  Boston is 2nd in wins against LHP.  Please interpret.

And I guess that was the end of ADG for the day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's one win.  A good win for sure, but just one win.  Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Myers says he didn't hear anything, but he saw something. Paranormal activity, perhaps?

In his postgame interview he claimed he heard someone in the proximity of the Red Sox bullpen call for the ball. He thought it was Jennings, but the player who called for it was later identified as Alfredo Aceves.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Their 'best pitcher' is Price. Cobb is their 2nd best pitcher.

By ERA its Cobb, Moore, then Price. I would reverse them in terms of their effectiveness potential on the Sox.

I was referring to their status going into the playoffs.

Got it. I was more concerned with Moore, though I thought we could get to him, than Cobb. Price, of course, is their man against us. I think we can beat him too if Lackey can keep us very close to them. We won't score many runs, but if Lackey can hold them to a run or two we have a chance.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Everyone? Would you please list the names of those who now say Lester is an ACE? Exaggerate much?

How about you list all those who dont smart ar se

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts