ALDS Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Re: ALDS Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Rays

In response to AL34's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

I skipped live chat to avoid all this and it still did me no good, in the end.  nite all 

Seriously JBay, I like you. I like the way you post. But your skin is too thin. The only way to avoid frustration from fans who live and die with the Red Sox is to avoid all forums. Every single forum I have ever been on has had fans who wear their emotions during the game on their sleeve. Maybe game threads are just not for you.

I am mad too. I have been a long suffering Red Sox fans since the 1970s. They redeemed themselves in 2004 when I came home from Iraq. They won in 2007. They should have won everything in 2011 but bad characters destroyed that team. Its one game, Peavy wants the ball and its his stage tomorrow. JBay is an optomist which is great and he will look forward to tomorrows game. Me, I am a worry wart and get nervous, but for tonight, just cross it off as some bad gaffes and bad managing and get them tomorrow with Peavy. Goodnight all and good luck tomorrow night !

Tonight,  John Farrell had to manage and he came up very short. They should have won tonight. It's easy to play manager from our safe distance but tonight we were all right and Farrell was wrong. Mistakes like these contribute to big stage losses and many times result in the manager being fired. If we win tomorrow we move on and this game is a bad, distant memory.But, if we go on and lose this series then we have to consider the possibility that John Farrell may find himself on some very thin ice come next season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Peavey will close the door on the Rays tomorow. 

He'd better, becuase if he doesnt we're probably screwed. Still dont know if it will be Hellickson or Moore. Pros and cons both ways, but dont forget, Peavy hasnt pitched in almost two weeks since Colorado, and he wasnt all that good even then.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

Peavey will close the door on the Rays tomorow. 

He'd better, becuase if he doesnt we're probably screwed. Still dont know if it will be Hellickson or Moore. Pros and cons both ways.

[/QUOTE]

I thought Maddon confirmed Helickson after tonights game? You're right, pros and cons. My guess it's Helickson on a very short leash with Archer ready to back him up. Moore was tired last time out and on short rest would hopefully be much more hittable.  Who knows, I still cant come to terms with the fact we're even playing tomorrow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

I predicted Sox in 4 before thise series started, so that is right in line even with this annoying loss. However, my common sense is forced to rcognize the high possibility that we could still lose this series. Nobody on this forum needs to be reminded of the history of games in that building. We just saw it again tonight. If they win game 4, theyre going to fully believe they will win 5, will have Price again, and with the momentum on their side, the Sox will be the ones under pressure. If you say theres no way it could happen, youre naive. I just watched it happen last year in Cincinatti.

The problem with tonight was that it was not just a routine loss. We blew a three run lead. Clay serving a meatball to Longoria with first base open was inexcusable. The infield meltdown in the 8th was confounding. Playing for the tie in the 9th, on the road makes no sense. Farrell pushed all the wrong buttons and got himself outmanaged by Maddon. The walk off against our closer was hard to take.  The Rays are back from the dead, with all the momentum. The Sox have been able to bounce back from these kind of things all year. Now , they are going to have to do it again .  Let's just hope they can.

[/QUOTE]

It was put on a bad course the minute that foul ball hit the catwalk. 30 pitches later, inning over. But they were hard pitches. The ball to Longoria was not a meatball, but it was a tad up. He went down and got it. And it barely made it out. I'd hate to play there as an opposing player in the post season. They make it loud, and not true loud, but fake aggravating loud. Probably caught some Sox players by surprise after playing in the graveyard down there all season.  They might be a little better adjusted tomorrow. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I predicted Sox in 4 before thise series started, so that is right in line even with this annoying loss. However, my common sense is forced to rcognize the high possibility that we could still lose this series. Nobody on this forum needs to be reminded of the history of games in that building. We just saw it again tonight. If they win game 4, theyre going to fully believe they will win 5, will have Price again, and with the momentum on their side, the Sox will be the ones under pressure. If you say theres no way it could happen, youre naive. I just watched it happen last year in Cincinatti.

The problem with tonight was that it was not just a routine loss. We blew a three run lead. Clay serving a meatball to Longoria with first base open was inexcusable. The infield meltdown in the 8th was confounding. Playing for the tie in the 9th, on the road makes no sense. Farrell pushed all the wrong buttons and got himself outmanaged by Maddon. The walk off against our closer was hard to take.  The Rays are back from the dead, with all the momentum. The Sox have been able to bounce back from these kind of things all year. Now , they are going to have to do it again .  Let's just hope they can.

[/QUOTE]

It was put on a bad course the minute that foul ball hit the catwalk. 30 pitches later, inning over. But they were hard pitches. The ball to Longoria was not a meatball, but it was a tad up. He went down and got it. And it barely made it out. I'd hate to play there as an opposing player in the post season. They make it loud, and not true loud, but fake aggravating loud. Probably caught some Sox players by surprise after playing in the graveyard down there all season.  They might be a little better adjusted tomorrow. 

[/QUOTE]

That fake piped in fan noise is obnoxious isn't it? It's even loud when the pkace is empty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I skipped live chat to avoid all this and it still did me no good, in the end.  nite all 

Seriously JBay, I like you. I like the way you post. But your skin is too thin. The only way to avoid frustration from fans who live and die with the Red Sox is to avoid all forums. Every single forum I have ever been on has had fans who wear their emotions during the game on their sleeve. Maybe game threads are just not for you.

I wasn't talking to you pumpsie, nor do I care what you think of me.  I've been doing the game threads for years, and I'll decide whats best for me, which I did tonight. I don't need your advice, nor did I ask. You don't know anything about me and I'd appreciate you keeping your opinions concerning me, to yourself, as I do about you. got it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

What sticks out for me is that Clay was not as good as we needed him to be with a 3-0 lead.  Lackey was lousy, but luckily Price was lousier.

Peavy has been steadily getting worse start after start since mid August.  The Sox need to put up some numbers against Hellickson.  It's the postseason; anything can happen - like Peavy pitching 9 inns of shutout ball (shrug).  

But, if this goes back to Fenway, I don't think Moore will implode 2X, so Lester will have to pitch a gem again.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It was not the noise. It was not the catwalk. It was not the ground rules. It was not the umpires. It was not the announcers. We blew this game due to some very poor managing decisions and some extremely inept infield play. That is the simple reality. Accept it and move on. Sox have been able to put it all aside and bounce back all year. Now , they have to do it again. If they can , all of tonight's failure will be forgotten. If they cannot , Longoria's homer will be remembered as the blunder that was the turning point. Let us hope for the former. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

It was not the noise. It was not the catwalk. It was not the ground rules. It was not the umpires. It was not the announcers. We blew this game due to some very poor managing decisions and some extremely inept infield play. That is the simple reality. Accept it and move on. Sox have been able to put it all aside and bounce back all year. Now , they have to do it again. If they can , all of tonight's failure will be forgotten. If they cannot , Longoria's homer will be remembered as the blunder that was the turning point. Let us hope for the former. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Bingo. Blunder by Farrell; this loss is on him. Still in the drivers seat though. I think we will end it tomorrow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

See you fail to see what the truth is. Yes, your points are extremely valid and indisputable. Those are the twists and turns of the game. Normal events that happen in games that can either win, or lose you the game. I accept that the managerial decisions and infield play left a lot to be desired. However, once you introduce an event such as that "ground rule", it has an effect on everything that comes after it. Look at Myers' flub. Changed the game. In this case, it dramatically affected the pitch count. To its detriment. Maybe the Sox could have hit that catwalk. But they didn't. Maybe Clay doesn't load the bases. He should have been out of the inning long before that. You are not looking far enough back as to the reason Longoria hit that ball out.  I can accept normal baseball behavior, errors and such, but this I cannot. And and no one else should either. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sox faced Hellickson 3 times this year, and they have a .209 BA against him. With 3.44 era this year. He always pitches tough against us. Especially if his Change-up is on.

He is having an off year, but he has the talent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I wasn't talking to you pumpsie, nor do I care what you think of me.  I've been doing the game threads for years, and I'll decide whats best for me, which I did tonight. I don't need your advice, nor did I ask. You don't know anything about me and I'd appreciate you keeping your opinions concerning me, to yourself, as I do about you. got it?

As long as you are here and I am not on ignore you will receive comments from me. Got it? You DO have skin that is too thin. Its too bad, since you are generally a good poster here. You come across sometimes as intolerant of those who are not JUST LIKE YOU. I admire your ability to keep your emotions to yourself, but what you don't seem to be able to comprehend is that NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU. Some of us wear our emotions on our sleeves. My advice to you: keep out of the game threads. You can't take it.

Wrong. I don't expect anyone to be like me. I never said I was right or anyone else was wrong. Everyone is free to post, as they they see fit. I made the best choice for me, left you all to yourselves.  You're passing judgment and made two unwarranted personal attacks, in these  posts. I would appreciate it if you didn't address or include me in your posts, in the future. I will do the same. Enjoy the rest of the season, PG

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

As long as you are here and I am not on ignore you will receive comments from me. Got it? You DO have skin that is too thin. Its too bad, since you are generally a good poster here. You come across sometimes as intolerant of those who are not JUST LIKE YOU. I admire your ability to keep your emotions to yourself, but what you don't seem to be able to comprehend is that NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU. Some of us wear our emotions on our sleeves. My advice to you: keep out of the game threads. You can't take it.

Is this the kind of guy you want on the forum? He's also been banned for his abuse on other forums, which is common knowledge here. I'm banned, but he can make all these abusive comments here? And he's talking to JBay? JBay & Co. only report what they consider the weakest links. They don't go after truly abusive posters on here that post with them on other boards. Just sayin'.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I hope this is just a blip in Sox march towards WS, and not a momentum changer for the team.

mistakes - pitching to Langoria with 1st base empty, and 2 outs.  8th inning comedy of errors.  Carp taking the 3rd strike.  Too many runners stranded in scoring position.

all correctable.  This is a veteran team.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's bad enough Farrell didn't walk Longoria the way Francona used to insist on letting him beat him but for Farrell to claim that pitching to him was the right thing to do after the game is well, the first time he really ticked me off.

Also, where is the scouting report on Lobotone?  Down and In to a lefty?  Come on. 

The Rays are feeling like they are up 2-1 now....gotta get the lead early tonight!  It could be a late one...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Also, where is the scouting report on Lobotone?  Down and In to a lefty?  Come on. 

i've always felt to most lefties that is death...Paul O'Neill used to crush those...imo just a stumble for Uehara...he'll close out G4.. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

i've always felt to most lefties that is death...Paul O'Neill used to crush those...imo just a stumble for Uehara...he'll close out G4.. 

[/QUOTE]

exactly my point.  when in doubt to a lefty, pitch him away or pitch him up in the zone.  Koji should had back him off the plate and then kept it on the outer third of the plate.

Sections
Shortcuts