ALDS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: ALDS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Rays

We move on with home field all the way. Detroit and the Dodgers would probably be the toughest to beat, but we are looking good right now. Bring it on. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

We would have beat the heck out of them in G5 - they were completely spent

And now we have the best scenario

We get to rest

Have the rotation lined up

Guys like Vic and Nap can heal

And let the Tigers and A's beat up on each other

Hopefully, the A's will prevail at home

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

post game on NESN

Adam Jones, really?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Great to get rid of the rays, now on to win the next series

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

One more thing. As Sox fans, we watch these games with a lot of emotion. Sometimes we expect the announcers to mirror that. When it doesn't happen we want to kill the announcers. There was way too much criticism of this announce team. We have seen that before. To be totally objective , these guys did a very thorough and professional job. They called it down the middle and gave credit to both teams when it was due. That is their job, and they did it well. We are Red Sox fans. They are not supposed to be. I never had the impression that they were rooting for the Rays. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Great to get rid of the rays, now on to win the next series

RESPONSE: Amen, brother! The pesky Rays have been a thorn in the side of the Sox for the past few years.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

And to think, koji was our 3rd...or 4th option (aceves, remember him?). Actually,  turned out to be our best option. Glad we got to find that out!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Gotta go with Ells as series MVP.  Set the tone, hit 500, scored 7 runs, including the winning run.  Not only that, but he was the only offense in the Game 3 loss.  

But with this team, everyone's an MVP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Gotta go with Ells as series MVP.  Set the tone, hit 500, scored 7 runs, including the winning run.  Not only that, but he was the only offense in the Game 3 loss.  

But with this team, everyone's an MVP.

there is no MVP given in the ALDS

it is for the ALDS and the ALCS COMBINED........ 1 award

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Morning all...moving on...good game both teams played really good D...congrats... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to manosome's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

One more thing. As Sox fans, we watch these games with a lot of emotion. Sometimes we expect the announcers to mirror that. When it doesn't happen we want to kill the announcers. There was way too much criticism of this announce team. We have seen that before. To be totally objective , these guys did a very thorough and professional job. They called it down the middle and gave credit to both teams when it was due. That is their job, and they did it well. We are Red Sox fans. They are not supposed to be. I never had the impression that they were rooting for the Rays. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

They're not supposed to be Tampa fans either, but it was obvious they were. Doesn't matter; they're gone and so is Joe Maddon, the most arrogant man in the world.

[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have a link to the Madden post game interview?  I am dying to see that smug jack-ss talk about game 5 in Boston.  Price too!!!!!  You know, even if there were a Game 5 who would had pitched?  He would be piecing that game together 1 pitcher per inning while we had a fully rested Lester, Buck and Lackey to back him up, and a fairly rested pen. And Fenway in their heads.  It would had been a blow out.  Madden should be thankful he lost last night to save himself the embarrassment....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

They're not supposed to be Tampa fans either, but it was obvious they were. Doesn't matter; they're gone and so is Joe Maddon, the most arrogant man in the world.

[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have a link to the Madden post game interview?  I am dying to see that smug jack-ss talk about game 5 in Boston.  Price too!!!!!  You know, even if there were a Game 5 who would had pitched?  He would be piecing that game together 1 pitcher per inning while we had a fully rested Lester, Buck and Lackey to back him up, and a fairly rested pen. And Fenway in their heads.  It would had been a blow out.  Madden should be thankful he lost last night to save himself the embarrassment....

[/QUOTE] Morning AM...jeez..stop taking everything so personal.....enjoy the spoils....i think it was pretty evident there wasn't going to be a G5...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am enjoying the spoils....Part of the boo-ty is the Rays post-game interviews - that's my idea of spraying champagne

One of the my favorite things after the 04 ALCS is watching Jeter, ARod, and Sheff hanging over the dugout rail watching US celebrate looking like they were just told the world was about to end............Talk about SPOILS!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the jeter interview when he threw his teamates under the bus?  Do you recall that?  I sure do!  Because I taped the YES Post Game shows......Jeter was asked about this team compared to past teams that would NOT had choked..Jeter kept repeating himself "I told you this isn't the same bunch of guys.......this isn't the same bunch of guys"........Yeah, what a leader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not that is some classic boo-ty I have on tape forever!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Morning AM...jeez..stop taking everything so personal.....enjoy the spoils....i think it was pretty evident there wasn't going to be a G5...

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am enjoying the spoils....Part of the boo-ty is the Rays post-game interviews - that's my idea of spraying champagne

One of the my favorite things after the 04 ALCS is watching Jeter, ARod, and Sheff hanging over the dugout rail watching US celebrate looking like they were just told the world was about to end............Talk about SPOILS!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the jeter interview when he threw his teamates under the bus?  Do you recall that?  I sure do!  Because I taped the YES Post Game shows......Jeter was asked about this team compared to past teams that would NOT had choked..Jeter kept repeating himself "I told you this isn't the same bunch of guys.......this isn't the same bunch of guys"........Yeah, what a leader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not that is some classic boo-ty I have on tape forever!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] well if acting like a petulant child, bringing up irrelevant topics is your version of enjoying the spoils, then have at it...and what part of a Jeter interview has anything to do with you acting like maddon stole your girlfriend or something...and FTR Sox players did the same when when you lost in 03....glass house much???...noone is trying to begrudge the Sox anything here... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] well if acting like a petulant child, bringing up irrelevant topics is your version of enjoying the spoils, then have at it...and what part of a Jeter interview has anything to do with you acting like maddon stole your girlfriend or something...and FTR Sox players did the same when when you lost in 03....glass house much???...noone is trying to begrudge the Sox anything here... 

[/QUOTE]

I was simply telling you that I am able to enjoy the entire event. 

FTR, 04 came AFTER 03 and well, we all know about those who get the last laugh.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was simply telling you that I am able to enjoy the entire event. 

FTR, 04 came AFTER 03 and well, we all know about those who get the last laugh.

[/QUOTE]

I had no problem with the TBS announcers. I thought they did a good job. I do not think they favored either team. They gave credit where it was due. As for Maddon, he is a very good manager. He gets the most out of his team. He was very gracious in defeat. In the end, the better team prevailed. We beat the Rays all year , and we beat them now, which I predicted before this series. The 2013 Red Sox are a terrific ball club. The World Series championship is within reach.  I just think the fans should lay off some of the petty comments. You see the same thing with the Fox announcers, ESPN announcers and now the TBS announcers. These guys are professionals. They are not there to cater to us Sox fans. TBS is not going to use Orsillo and Eck on the the Sox games, and rightly so. Enjoy the games.