Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AmJxoglOucGWSz4j2IMmsLwRvLYF?slug=ti brown_alex_rodriguez_yankees_speech_030212
    QUOTE:
    According to those in the clubhouse, however, Rodriguez talked about being “all in.” He advised them that, on that subject, there was only black or white, “no gray.” He said each of them – from the biggest superstar to the last guy on the 40-man – knew what “all in” meant. They’d had to have been “all in” just to sit in that room, to make it this far. And that every man knew exactly what his “all in” amounted to, in work ethic and dedication and sacrifice. He asked them to find that within them, to bring it every day, all season long, for the good of the Yankees. For the good of themselves.

“Amazing,” a witness said. “The guys were drawn to him.”

Somebody had to say it.

And, on a Friday leading to his 19th big-league season, Alex Rodriguez became that somebody.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...

Maybe they should put a big "C" on his jersey for being such a wonderful leader and role model.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Zac, you have a way with that "picture is worth a thousand words" thang. Thanks for the post, though, Western Oregon....We'll have to see whether the new, less narcissistic and more leadershippyish Alex can make good on this llttle clubhouse Lifetime Movie moment...As a Yankee fan, I have never been able to dislike Rodriguez, even when he has stunk up the post-season...Seems like I just wait 'til that next at bat and think salvation is in the batter's box again...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...:
    [QUOTE]thanks teilhardian it was a nice read but not really out of character 4 arod he has always been a leader 4 the young foreign born players as far as pics go this has been a tough winter on me I'm stuck with all theses pics of tito, paps & theo including one of my favs
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]
    OMG, LMAO...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

In Response to Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AmJxoglOucGWSz4j2IMmsLwRvLYF?slug=ti brown_alex_rodriguez_yankees_speech_030212 QUOTE: According to those in the clubhouse, however, Rodriguez talked about being “all in.” He advised them that, on that subject, there was only black or white, “no gray.” He said each of them – from the biggest superstar to the last guy on the 40-man – knew what “all in” meant. They’d had to have been “all in” just to sit in that room, to make it this far. And that every man knew exactly what his “all in” amounted to, in work ethic and dedication and sacrifice. He asked them to find that within them, to bring it every day, all season long, for the good of the Yankees. For the good of themselves. “Amazing,” a witness said. “The guys were drawn to him.” Somebody had to say it. And, on a Friday leading to his 19th big-league season, Alex Rodriguez became that somebody.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Slow news day?  Utter drivel! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AmJxoglOucGWSz4j2IMmsLwRvLYF?slug=ti brown_alex_rodriguez_yankees_speech_030212 QUOTE: According to those in the clubhouse, however, Rodriguez talked about being “all in.” He advised them that, on that subject, there was only black or white, “no gray.” He said each of them – from the biggest superstar to the last guy on the 40-man – knew what “all in” meant. They’d had to have been “all in” just to sit in that room, to make it this far. And that every man knew exactly what his “all in” amounted to, in work ethic and dedication and sacrifice. He asked them to find that within them, to bring it every day, all season long, for the good of the Yankees. For the good of themselves. “Amazing,” a witness said. “The guys were drawn to him.” Somebody had to say it. And, on a Friday leading to his 19th big-league season, Alex Rodriguez became that somebody.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]I can't stop laughing. No way he came up with that by himself. Sounds like he hired a public relations manager. IMO there is no one more phony in the game today then arod.
      Now if Jeter were to make that statement I would buy into it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Someone should challenge ARod to step up and become the leader?  He certainly makes enough money.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

The Jete picture was too good for this early in ST.  I think you should pace yourself, but I smell an MVP season coming up for you.

And everytime I hear something like that from ARod, I always suspect he is seeing a new nutrionist, or flying up to Canada for some anti-inflammatories.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : I can't stop laughing. No way he came up with that by himself. Sounds like he hired a public relations manager. IMO there is no one more phony in the game today then arod.   Now if Jeter were to make that statement I would buy into it.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

A-Rod, as previously mentioned has always trained with the kids. Surprising that he opened his mouth like that - good for him. Best way for him to lead is playing 140 games and hitting like a true clean-up hitter.

Jeter would never make a statement like that. IMO, he has been a terrible Captain. He is the one who is too scripted.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhapsodyInBlue. Show RhapsodyInBlue's posts

Rodriquez has used a rehab program this off season suggested by Kobe Bryant.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/rod_radical_head_stars_toe_is_program_FUcdxCbjqKmBJWLXZvNmuJ

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Why Alex did you have to go to Germany to get treatment for your knee. This smells like you are doing something that is legal in Germany that might not be so legal in the United States. Alex your credibility is shall we say "suspect".  It amazes me that when it comes to Alex the Yankees always bury their head in the sand as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhapsodyInBlue. Show RhapsodyInBlue's posts

[QUOTE]Why Alex did you have to go to Germany to get treatment for your knee. This smells like you are doing something that is legal in Germany that might not be so legal in the United States. Alex your credibility is shall we say "suspect".  It amazes me that when it comes to Alex the Yankees always bury their head in the sand as well.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Well there is no escaping that this is era of juicing and without blood testing every player is suspect..

Yes Rodriquez does have a history but if I'm not mistaken the last test he failed was the same one that Papi and Manny failed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Why Alex did you have to go to Germany to get treatment for your knee. This smells like you are doing something that is legal in Germany that might not be so legal in the United States. Alex your credibility is shall we say "suspect".  It amazes me that when it comes to Alex the Yankees always bury their head in the sand as well.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Everyone is a homer to some degree, but I have heard some amazing things over the years.

I remember starting a firestorm when I said he had peaked early in 2008 and was going to start going downhill.  The NYY at the site I mentioned at it went apoplectic.  I really didn't say anything that I didn't say about any other player his age, including Youk, and I'd be more than willing to say the same thing about Gonzo and CC.  When they reach 32, they'll start going downhill.

What I mentioned was a mere fact of life, but it was like NYY fans thought ARod was a different type of species or something.

And when I mentioned $300M to play until the ridiculous age of 42 was met with the most incredulous responses.  I mean, I understand being a homer and all, but the lack of limitations on common sense are just sometimes dazzling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : RATHER,  I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS GOOOOOD STUFF  !!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Good stuff? 

One multi-millionaire spews some clichés to millionaires in early March on another team and it makes an OP from some crank in Oregon.  How does this help them hit a curveball?  This is not worth an OP, national news, local news, or even being mentioned between two dudes taking a leak.  Players will have forgotten this speech the minute their play stations boots up, and posters care?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Reminds me of General Patton.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Everyone is a homer to some degree, but I have heard some amazing things over the years. I remember starting a firestorm when I said he had peaked early in 2008 and was going to start going downhill.  The NYY at the site I mentioned at it went apoplectic.  I really didn't say anything that I didn't say about any other player his age, including Youk, and I'd be more than willing to say the same thing about Gonzo and CC.  When they reach 32, they'll start going downhill. What I mentioned was a mere fact of life, but it was like NYY fans thought ARod was a different type of species or something. And when I mentioned $300M to play until the ridiculous age of 42 was met with the most incredulous responses.  I mean, I understand being a homer and all, but the lack of limitations on common sense are just sometimes dazzling.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

And some people have problems with their memory.

You made the comment prior to the 2007 season not 2008.

Rodriquez responded in 2007 with 54 homeruns and 156 RBIs.

You then promptly clammed up about the Rodriquez demise theory.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I find the idea of Alex Rodriguez inspiring someone to be comically absurd.    It reminded me so much of old George giving their team his "ya gotta have balls" speech, entirely seriously, only to have the team mock him as soon as he left the room.  But athletes are a strange bunch.  So perhaps, as embarrassing as it might be, they might actually find Alex inspiring.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

I think Zac had it right when he posted that A-Rod inspires the young hispanic players particularly those from the DR.

I read that he hired a personal trainer for Melky Cabrera last off-season and then approached the Yankees about resigning him prior to the 2011 season.

Cabrera had a very good season but I think the Yankees wanted to break up Melky and Cano, another young player Rodriquez has had a positive effect on.

But what it comes to on any good team is to have more than just one club house leader.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's nice to see that this years $27 million check has finally inspired a player, on the down side of his career, who's body has been showing signs of PED breakdown for a few years now. lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]It's nice to see that this years $27 million check has finally inspired a player, on the down side of his career, who has been showing signs of PED breakdown for a few years now. lol
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see if he can stay on the field and healthy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : And some people have problems with their memory. You made the comment prior to the 2007 season not 2008. Rodriquez responded in 2007 with 54 homeruns and 156 RBIs. You then promptly clammed up about the Rodriquez demise theory.
    Posted by Dirt LaMud[/QUOTE

No, it was 2008.  I actually made a bet with a NYY fan that his OPS would be lower that year than his career OPS.  I won the bet.

Nice try.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : And some people have problems with their memory. You made the comment prior to the 2007 season not 2008. Rodriquez responded in 2007 with 54 homeruns and 156 RBIs. You then promptly clammed up about the Rodriquez demise theory. Posted by Dirt LaMud[/QUOTE No, it was 2008.  I actually made a bet with a NYY fan that his OPS would be lower that year than his career OPS.  I won the bet. Nice try.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Baloney. Your prognostications on A-Rod for that season were a joke on that thread. I'm sure Vic remembers as well.

You thought you were in a safe haven where you wouldn't be challenged fudging the truth.

You only were off by a few light years. And you never broached that subject again.

Sections
Shortcuts