Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...

In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : I know, jessey...I just can't ever resist taking a shot at Alex.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Neither can I. I just wish he would reconcile with Kate Hudson.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Neither can I. I just wish he would reconcile with Kate Hudson.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

So do I, Jess. She has a newborn that would keep him awake all night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : So do I, Jess. She has a newborn that would keep him awake all night.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Nah, he'd never be around for that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]Alex's OPS has declined steadily every year since 2007, when he cashed in with an amazing season.  Last year he had an .823 OPS and 62 RBI but he still made 27 million.  He turns 37 this July and he's got 6 years left on his contract.  'All in'...what a joker.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]  "what a joker"

You got that right. 

When the game is on the line Arod struggles.

What surprises me the most is that there are a few so called yankees fans that place the value of arod above Jeter.

Jeter has been the best Yankee ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : No, you absolutely do not get it. Why don't you calm down and take a pill. There are Yankee sites for people with your attitude. Try one.
    Posted by Flattiehater[/QUOTE]

" There are Yankee sites for people with your attitude."

What attitude?  Because I didn't agree with you I have an attitude? Please let me know what I posted constituted having an attitude.  I made no incendiary statements, I neither insulted your intelligence or heritage so explain what you mean by attitude.  Is your point of view so weak and shallow that they can stand NO contradictory opinion?  You responded with no logic or reason, you merely stated that I should avail myself of a one of the many " Yankee sites".  

Also, Yankee sites?   I was under the impression that this was a Boston Globe site not a RS members only site. Does this site prohibit Yankee fans, ., and is for RS fans only?  Because that's not only news it is completely contradictory to what the Internet is about.  And, is that even a good idea?  The Internet is about people of like interest, in this case baseball, coming together and discussing a common topic.  If this or any other baseball site is limited to just one type of fan, i.e. RS fans, then it's not a blog  it's an echo chamber. 

If you've an issue with what I said, .. explain in your opinion why I'm wrong, with examples of fact or at least observation.  If the extent of your argument is I'm a Yankee fan and I've no right to post here then clearly you've no argument.  

Oh, .. and by the way if this is truly a RS only site why is it that the discussion topic is A-Rod?  He's not a RS nor was the topic that instigated this thread have a thing to do with the RS.  Clearly this is a baseball web site, .. not a RS only site.  Otherwise why is the topic not only a Yankee but the most hated Yankee since Buckey Dent??  

Lighten up it baseball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Where have you been Kim? Hope is all is okay. We have had some some conversation here this last week.

You really miss me when I'm not posting. So cute, and unusual considering what I say here. I'll take it as you actually think I may have a point in at least some of the things I say.

Btw, what conversations do you keep referring to?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : And why do you always have to be so negative? Thats what people do here, discuss baseball. I guess the answer is to put you on ignore which is the what I will do. Have a great day!
    Posted by Dirt LaMud[/QUOTE]

I'll take that as a "yes" as to you being Thatwasme. You could have just said, "Yeah, that was me." lol And you're not here discussing baseball. You're here discussing some ridiculous argument you had a hundred years ago on another board. Why not just discuss it there? You know, "Utopia" the place none of you ever want to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : You really miss me when I'm not posting. So cute, and unusual considering what I say here. I'll take it as you actually think I may have a point in at least some of the things I say. Btw, what conversations do you keep referring to?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I think he was being sarcastic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : I'll take that as a "yes" as to you being Thatwasme. You could have just said, "Yeah, that was me." lol And you're not here discussing baseball. You're here discussing some ridiculous argument you had a hundred years ago on another board. Why not just discuss it there? You know, "Utopia" the place none of you ever want to be.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Why is it  that everyone new here is either babe or twm.

People come people go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : I think he was being sarcastic.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Actually I wasn't. I thought the athletes and religion thread were something she might have a thought on. And she did finally post a comment. The other was the Fantasy league.

My opinion of Kim and my opinions of her comments are two completely different things.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... :   "what a joker"                                                    You got that right.                                                     When the game is on the line Arod struggles.                                                    What surprises me the most is that there are a few so called yankees fans that place the value of arod above Jeter.                                                    Jeter has been the best Yankee ever.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

You are kidding with this I hope? It was Jeter who caused the riff in the Yankee clubhouse in 2004 when A-Rod arrived. He was the Captain, A-Rod made the move to 3rd Base and Jeter should have made the effort to iron out the problems that existed between the two. Alex put out the olive branch and Jeter spit on it. A good Captain who truly cares about team first would have accepted the olive branch, but Jeter thought different.

That Vanity Fair article, although I agree was very poor on Alex's part stated no lies. Jeter was part of a championship line-up, but as Alex said, game plans for opposing pitchers revolved around Bernie and Paul. Jeter wasn't the lead-off hitter or in the 3, 4, or 5 slot.

Jeter is a first ballot HoFer and I will always root for him as a true Yankee who has been clutch more often than not. But he is not in the same company as Ruth, Gehrig, Joe D., The Mick and Yogi.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : You are kidding with this I hope? It was Jeter who caused the riff in the Yankee clubhouse in 2004 when A-Rod arrived. He was the Captain, A-Rod made the move to 3rd Base and Jeter should have made the effort to iron out the problems that existed between the two. Alex put out the olive branch and Jeter spit on it. A good Captain who truly cares about team first would have accepted the olive branch, but Jeter thought different. That Vanity Fair article, although I agree was very poor on Alex's part stated no lies. Jeter was part of a championship line-up, but as Alex said, game plans for opposing pitchers revolved around Bernie and Paul. Jeter wasn't the lead-off hitter or in the 3, 4, or 5 slot. Jeter is a first ballot HoFer and I will always root for him as a true Yankee who has been clutch more often than not. But he is not in the same company as Ruth, Gehrig, Joe D., The Mick and Yogi.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]I will give you Gerrig and Joe D. Ruth was a disgrace with his behavior. Mantle was a selfish drunk and Yogi was probably only the 3rd or 4th. best catcher in yankee history behind Bill Dickey, Thurman Munson and Posada.
       As for arod he simply disappears at clutch time. Phoney as the day is long.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Never said A-Rod wasn't phony, but Jeter is as well. He learned from the book of Joe D. - say one thing and handle completely different. Casey told Mantle to catch everything and anything and not to worry about Joe. Joe had a different mind set and when Mantle pulled up on a fly ball as so Joe could catch it, he stepped into the drain and destroyed his knee. If that doesn't happen, it is Mantle, not Ruth who everyone would have been trying to catch when it came to baseball records.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

As for arod he simply disappears at clutch time. Phoney as the day is long. --Hingham Hammer
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    I know some Sox fans need to go with this mantra, but you should ask the Twins, Angels, and Phillies what they think. They got dismantled by A-Rod when he had to come up clutch. You're trying to rip him from a La-Z Boy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : I will give you Gerrig and Joe D. Ruth was a disgrace with his behavior. Mantle was a selfish drunk and Yogi was probably only the 3rd or 4th. best catcher in yankee history behind Bill Dickey, Thurman Munson and Posada.    As for arod he simply disappears at clutch time. Phoney as the day is long.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

Yogi was 4th best?

He was the AL MVP 3 times, 15 time all-star can any of the others you compared him to say that? Had some real good post seasons too.

Different eras I understand but defensively Yogi made himself into a good catcher.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Never said A-Rod wasn't phony, but Jeter is as well. He learned from the book of Joe D. - say one thing and handle completely different. Casey told Mantle to catch everything and anything and not to worry about Joe. Joe had a different mind set and when Mantle pulled up on a fly ball as so Joe could catch it, he stepped into the drain and destroyed his knee. If that doesn't happen, it is Mantle, not Ruth who everyone would have been trying to catch when it came to baseball records.

Mantle was a freak Jessey, that injury ruined his career.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think his time from home to first is still on record as the fastest in MLB. Not 100% sure on that. I saw Mantle close-up back in 64, I swear the man's arms were made of steel. My father was at the game where he hit the facade the first time and he swore Mantle had to be standing at home plate with a Bazooka instead of a bat for the ball to carry like that.

Sections
Shortcuts