Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...

Furthermore the reason you made the comments that he was on the downside was after his 35 homeruns and .290 BA of the 2006 season.

You predicted 35 homers or less for 2007. Then after his monster 2007 numbers gave it a rest.

No ballplayer can escape age, our only argument was at the time that your predictions of age related demise were just too early in his career that he could and in fact did rebound.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rodrial01.shtml

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

I don't recall who you made your OPS bet with, now that could have been in 2008, that i was not part of.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It's amazing what makes news.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...:
    [QUOTE]I don't recall who you made your OPS bet with, now that could have been in 2008, that i was not part of.
    Posted by Dirt LaMud[/QUOTE]

Who were you on the other thread?  Most of the people with whom I had that discussion still come in here, and still have the same names they had then, and in both sides.

How about telling me what your name was so I can see if you were even part of the conversation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Baloney. Your prognostications on A-Rod for that season were a joke on that thread. I'm sure Vic remembers as well. You thought you were in a safe haven where you wouldn't be challenged fudging the truth. You only were off by a few light years. And you never broached that subject again.

If someone was going to challenge me, they'd have done it long ago.

Does anyone in here remember me being wrong on ARod?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Who were you on the other thread?  Most of the people with whom I had that discussion still come in here, and still have the same names they had then, and in both sides. How about telling me what your name was so I can see if you were even part of the conversation.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

If that is the best defense you can mount rather than deny what I have presented than good luck.

I know what the truth is and I definitely know who I am and thats good enough for me.

You and I  know you made those comments after A-Rod had a down year in 2006. I at the time presented countless examples of HOFers that had down seasons only to rebound the next in rebuttal.

It only makes sense, why would you have been dumb enough to forcast a down year for A-Rod in 2008 when he was coming off of an MVP 2007 season where posted a 1.067 OPS, 54 homeruns, 156 RBIs, .422 OBP.

You expect anyone to believe that? I suppose I could really embarrass you by finding your post with the time stamp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : If someone was going to challenge me, they'd have done it long ago. Does anyone in here remember me being wrong on ARod?

You've been wrong on a lot of things but this isn't exactly a site that will challenge your opinions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

Anyway your comments were made here in 2006 on the "Dem Yanks" thread before trufan was up and running, before this site was upgraded to what it is today.

So there is no record but we know the truth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]Anyway your comments were made here in 2006 on the "Dem Yanks" thread before trufan was up and running, before this site was upgraded to what it is today. So there is no record but we know the truth.

Hey Babe

1. Show some respect to Joe. 2. Stop posting pics of you being a jock sniffer. 3. Stop bringing up old predictions that can't be verified.  4. Get a girlfriend and get a life.                       

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I know what the truth is and I definitely know who I am and thats good enough for me.

I am glad that you definitely know who you are.

But unless you want to share who you are, then have a nice life.  It looks like you have 11 posts to your name, most of them on this thread.  I've had the same name since the internet was invented.

It piques my curiosity why you don't want to share what your previous name is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]I know what the truth is and I definitely know who I am and thats good enough for me. I am glad that you definitely know who you are. But unless you want to share who you are, then have a nice life.  It looks like you have 11 posts to your name, most of them on this thread.  I've had the same name since the internet was invented. It piques my curiosity why you don't want to share what your previous name is.

Clever Joe but one thing you are not is stupid.

There were only three participants in that 2006 discussion/debate.

Vic, you and I.

Changing the subject to my identity does not change the truth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Hey Babe 1. Show some respect to Joe. 2. Stop posting pics of you being a jock sniffer. 3. Stop bringing up old predictions that can't be verified.  4. Get a girlfriend and get a life.                       
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

I'm about as much Babe as you are Rick Santorum.

I have never seen more fear of one poster than the fear that exists here toward babe.

Actually pretty comical. Any new poster automatically becomes babe.

Especially if you challenge the status quo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]Why Alex did you have to go to Germany to get treatment for your knee. This smells like you are doing something that is legal in Germany that might not be so legal in the United States. Alex your credibility is shall we say "suspect".  It amazes me that when it comes to Alex the Yankees always bury their head in the sand as well.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

" .. something that is legal in Germany that might not be so legal.."

There is a great big difference between a medical procedure being illegal versus being approved by the FDA, .. which in the US takes significantly longer than in other countries.  Also, his credibility is no more questionable than a number of RS, .. including David Ortiz .

Funny, many in the Nation is quick to criticize A-Rod for his statement about commitment to his teammates but will also complain the the beer and chicken gang aren't adequately humble or contrite about the goings on last September.  

As stated it's not out of character for A-Rod to actively take a leadership role with younger players.  He's done it in NY and Texas.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Clever Joe but one thing you are not is stupid. There were only three participants in that 2006 discussion/debate. Vic, you and I. Changing the subject to my identity does not change the truth.

Good, Vic was one of them.  Ask him what I said about ARod.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Good, Vic was one of them.  Ask him what I said about ARod.

Make up some more fairy tales about Yankee fans attacking you on another site when you have someone to backup your story.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You expect anyone to believe that? I suppose I could really embarrass you by finding your post with the time stamp.

I'm more than willing to discuss my mistakes, but this isn't one of them.

Way back in 1985, I said that the NYGs were a good team and Parcells needed to be fired because he was holding them back.

I said the same thing with MN and Kelly, just before Kelly won two WS with them.

Loved the Cameron signing.

Really liked the Wily Mo trade.

Anyone with confidence in their opinion is more than willing to discuss their mistakes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : You've been wrong on a lot of things but this isn't exactly a site that will challenge your opinions.

I have a gazillion posts and opinions.

Tell me where I was wrong over the couple of years and feel free to discuss them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : I have a gazillion posts and opinions. Tell me where I was wrong over the couple of years and feel free to discuss them.

Easy. Lets keep it recent.

Your comment that Ellsbury is 10x better than Pujols.

He steals more bases theres 1x.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

AP

3 time MVP, ROY, 3 time MVP runner-up, 6 SS awards, 2 GG.

Life time OPS 1.037, 455 homeruns, OBP .420, Avg .328, SLG .617..

All this in just 11 years. Last year a down year with a paltry ..906 OPS.

I'm waiting for the 9x.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Easy. Your comment that Ellsbury is 10x better than Pujols. He steals more bases theres 1x.

Cool, now we have a place where we can start.  Show the post where I said that and we can discuss it.

Think about this logically before you do.  If I said before the season that Ellsbury was 10x better than Pujols, which is obviously a figment of your imagination, then I am probably the only one in the country that Ellsbury would be better than Pujols last year.

I appreciate the compliment, but claiming Ellsbury would be better last year than Pujols, is not one of my claims to fame.

Now, find my comments and we can discuss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

Close.

Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury the best player in the game today?

posted at 2/25/2012 3:07 PM EST
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 3/4/2012
    In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury the best player in the game today?:
    I just gathered these items from Jacoby's tool chest , and he comes up a little short , lots of key tools missing: We went to see Albert Pujols and he had the more impressive collection:
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Not for nothing, but Ells has 10x as many tools as Pujols.
    "There is no Breaking Point"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Cool, now we have a place where we can start.  Show the post where I said that and we can discuss it. Think about this logically before you do.  If I said before the season that Ellsbury was 10x better than Pujols, which is obviously a figment of your imagination, then I am probably the only one in the country that Ellsbury would be better than Pujols last year. I appreciate the compliment, but claiming Ellsbury would be better last year than Pujols, is not one of my claims to fame. Now, find my comments and we can discuss.

That Ellsbury has 10X as many tools as AP appears to be a figment of your imagination.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]A guy with his talent and he decides to pull a Knute Rockne in the twilight of his career? Sounds to me like he's trying to impress some really hot chick not his team. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Posted by Flattiehater[/QUOTE]

This talk took place in the Yankee clubhouse and I'm pretty sure that there are no "really hot" chicks on the Yankee roster, although Marino Riviera still looks good after all these years.

Actually, an older established player taking a high profile leadership role is not only not suspicious but is exactly what would be expected.  A-Rod has the requisite experience, accomplishments and length of service with the Yankees and a track record for mentoring young players. Nothing new here, ,it's what he SHOULD be doing.

I get it, .. the Nation will never see A-Rod as anything but their pinata.  Short of saving babies or kittens, .. or babies holding kittens from burning buildings he's their main target.  But, it'd make more sense if he was being criticized for something he actually did that warrants criticism.  You guys in the Nation need to pace yourself, .. it's a long season.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

It's only one game, and only ST, but A-Rod did look like he was trying to be "all-in" today (3-3, 1 HR)...We'll see how he does when the regular season starts...To belabor the obvious, if he can stay healthy and hit more like the A-Rod of 2009 or 2010 (a tall order), then the Yanks could be dominant this year with vastly improved starting pitching and one of the top bullpens in baseball...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Your comment-

"Your comment that Ellsbury is 10x better than Pujols."

My comment-

Not for nothing, but Ells has 10x as many tools as Pujols.

I assume that you don't understand what 'tools' refers to.  Tools typically refers to the number of things a player can do.  In BB, a 5-tool player refers to average, power, speed, defense and arm.

Saying someone has more tools is not the same as saying they are better.

I was not aware that you didn't know the difference.

Sections
Shortcuts