Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...

In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : You've been wrong on a lot of things but this isn't exactly a site that will challenge your opinions.
    Posted by Dirt LaMud[/QUOTE]

We're starting up a fantasy BB league.  Maybe you'd like to join and start challenging opinions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

If only people would be as excited about the Red Sox players as they are about their fantasy picks then this forum might survive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

........Aroid steps up by offering to share his needle with the entire team!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]........Aroid steps up by offering to share his needle with the entire team!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    I don't think he's that generous..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : I don't think he's that generous.. Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE] LOL....good point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]Your comment- " Your comment that Ellsbury is 10x better than Pujols." My comment- Not for nothing, but Ells has 10x as many tools as Pujols. I assume that you don't understand what 'tools' refers to.  Tools typically refers to the number of things a player can do.  In BB, a 5-tool player refers to average, power, speed, defense and arm. Saying someone has more tools is not the same as saying they are better. I was not aware that you didn't know the difference.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Duh.

Thanks for the education. AP is one one of the greatest players ever.

Ellsbury can do one thing better than Pujols, steal bases.

I would have voted for Ellsbury for MVP last season because I disagree with giving it to a pitcher. He had a nice season but for that matter Matt Kemp had a better one.

That being said, he doesn't belong in a conversation with Pujols, but of course being here and being in the real world are two different things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Why Alex did you have to go to Germany to get treatment for your knee. This smells like you are doing something that is legal in Germany that might not be so legal in the United States. Alex your credibility is shall we say "suspect".  It amazes me that when it comes to Alex the Yankees always bury their head in the sand as well.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Think on this one you might be a little off base. This procedure has been cleared by the Lakers, The NBA and the Yankees went to MLB and they cleared it.

For the dope he is, I doubt very much A-Rod will screw with juice again.

As for the rest of the craziness here. People do grow up, even though with the biggest egos and smallest brains. In the end, A-Rod needs to stay healthy, perform like an elite clean-up hitter while playing an adequate 3B. That is all he needs to prove.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]........Aroid steps up by offering to share his needle with the entire team!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

A shake would be more gentle it goes down better with chicken and beer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees...": [QUOTE]LaMud = The Mud = Gick Chum = Green Apple Splatters = Verbal diarrehea. Troll. Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] = pike.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]LaMud = The Mud = Gick Chum = Green Apple Splatters = Verbal diarrehea. Troll.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Any more of your name calling nonsense and I'll report you.

I'm shocked you're so religious and you marched with Martin Luther King I would have expected better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Game is on MLB Network Examiner, stop the trolling and watch it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]If only people would be as excited about the Red Sox players as they are about their fantasy picks then this forum might survive.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

The forum is doing fine.  It's okay to talk about something other the the RS 25.  Fantasy BB actually broadens the appeal of BB since it forces you to have a solid understanding of something outside the RS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Duh. Thanks for the education. AJ is one one of the greatest players ever. Ellsbury can do one thing better than Pujols, steal bases. I would have voted for Ellsbury for MVP last season because I disagree with giving it to a pitcher. He had a nice season but for that matter Matt Kemp had a better one. That being said, he doesn't belong in a conversation with Pujols, but of course being here and being in the real world are two different things.

No doubt that Pujols is a great player, 1st ballot HOFer.

He doesn't have as many tools as Ellsbury.  That doesn't make Ellsbury better, just that he has more tools.  Zobrist has more tools than Bautista.  Jose Reyes has more tools than Fielder.  It doesn't make them better, but the fact is that they have more tools.

And now that we've finished with this, and you now realize that 10x more tools is not the same as 10x as good, what other mistakes would you like to discuss?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Any more of your name calling nonsense and I'll report you. I'm shocked you're so religious and you marched with Martin Luther King I would have expected better.

Why do guys like Thatwasme from the old Truefan crew always have to be so secretive? Better yet, why would posters go to a site where the Yankee fans there who run that board have to be pressured into telling the truth? Such deception on sports boards.

It's so nice to have you all here threatening Sox posters if they upset you. Makes the board more balanced. Isn't that what they say?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Why do guys like Thatwasme from the old Truefan crew always have to be so secretive? Better yet, why would posters go to a site where the Yankee fans there who run that board have to be pressured into telling the truth? Such deception on sports boards. It's so nice to have you all here threatening Sox posters if they upset you. Makes the board more balanced. Isn't that what they say?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Where have you been Kim? Hope is all is okay. We have had some some conversation here this last week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : No doubt that Pujols is a great player, 1st ballot HOFer. He doesn't have as many tools as Ellsbury.  That doesn't make Ellsbury better, just that he has more tools.  Zobrist has more tools than Bautista.  Jose Reyes has more tools than Fielder.  It doesn't make them better, but the fact is that they have more tools. And now that we've finished with this, and you now realize that 10x more tools is not the same as 10x as good, what other mistakes would you like to discuss?

What tools whould you be referring to Ellsbury has in his possession over Albert Pujols? 10X as you day.

Tools:
    1)Hit for average- Pujols over Ellsbury
    2)Hit for Power- Pujols over Ellsbury
    3)Arm- Pujols has a better arm for the position he plays. Ellsbury has a poor arm for a CFer.
    4)Defense- Pujols has 2 GG and is considered one of the best defensive 1st basemen in the league. Ask any gm in baseball if they could have any one player at first or CF who would it be? Pujols would win that argument, chosen more often at his position than Ellsbury at his. Not only for respective career numbers but for for durability. Ellsbury has a history of being injured.
    5)Speed-Ellsbury. 1X. One tool that Ellsbury has over Albert Pujols.

Intangibles:
    1)How about durability? Staying on the field healthy? Pujols.
    2)Consistency of putting up great career numbers year after year? Pujols

Ellsbury has had a 5 year career compare their careers up to that point, large edge goes to Pujols. Average, power, AS all 5 years, ROY, MVP, runner up twice.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/ellsbja01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/pujolal01.shtml

Just where is Ellsbury 10X tools over Albert Pujols? Break it down for me.

Speed, speed, speed, speed, that is when he can stay healthy.

Let's keep things in context last season was Ellsbury's best, want to compare the best years of each?

The 11 year average number alone for Pujols is better than Ellsbury's best 1 year of his 5 year career.

Realistically Ellsbury should do it for a few more years before you even suggest a comparison. One season doesn't make a superstar, besides Matt Kemp was a better choice in CF last season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : No doubt that Pujols is a great player, 1st ballot HOFer. He doesn't have as many tools as Ellsbury.  That doesn't make Ellsbury better, just that he has more tools.  Zobrist has more tools than Bautista.  Jose Reyes has more tools than Fielder.  It doesn't make them better, but the fact is that they have more tools. And now that we've finished with this, and you now realize that 10x more tools is not the same as 10x as good, what other mistakes would you like to discuss?

Fielder, Zobrist, Bautista and Reyes also do not belong in a conversation with Albert Pujols.

None of them have consistently put up the numbers that AP has.

Besides that Reyes like Ellsbury has a problem staying on the field.

Fielder has no defensive game, Bautista hasn't put up the numbers long enough to be in the conversation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMud. Show Dirt LaMud's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Why do guys like Thatwasme from the old Truefan crew always have to be so secretive? Better yet, why would posters go to a site where the Yankee fans there who run that board have to be pressured into telling the truth? Such deception on sports boards. It's so nice to have you all here threatening Sox posters if they upset you. Makes the board more balanced. Isn't that what they say?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

And why do you always have to be so negative?

Thats what people do here, discuss baseball.

I guess the answer is to put you on ignore which is the what I will do.

Have a great day!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

One more month - then the fun really begins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]One more month - then the fun really begins.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Can't wait. At least we'll we talking current events and not whining about what was said four years ago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

One more thought on A-Rods pep talk. It seems to be part of Girardi's bonding exercises. Most roster players are being asked to do a 5 minute pep talk to the rest of the roster.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Alex's OPS has declined steadily every year since 2007, when he cashed in with an amazing season.  Last year he had an .823 OPS and 62 RBI but he still made 27 million.  He turns 37 this July and he's got 6 years left on his contract.  'All in'...what a joker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : The Jete picture was too good for this early in ST.  I think you should pace yourself, but I smell an MVP season coming up for you. And everytime I hear something like that from ARod, I always suspect he is seeing a new nutrionist, or flying up to Canada for some anti-inflammatories.

actually Joe, I think that he's getting his battery recharged by one incredibly gorgeous Torre Wilson. oy veh!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Alex's OPS has declined steadily every year since 2007, when he cashed in with an amazing season.  Last year he had an .823 OPS and 62 RBI but he still made 27 million.  He turns 37 this July and he's got 6 years left on his contract.  'All in'...what a joker.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Still take him over your 3Ber any day of the week HFX.   Tongue out

And ease up on last year - he played all of 99 games. And was off to a great start until his injury. Should have been on the DL list going into the Divisional series against Detroit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez steps up to challenge Yankees... : Still take him over your 3Ber any day of the week HFX.   And ease up on last year - he played all of 99 games. And was off to a great start until his injury. Should have been on the DL list going into the Divisional series against Detroit.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I know, jessey...I just can't ever resist taking a shot at Alex.

Sections
Shortcuts