Alfonso Sorianio

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Alfonso Sorianio

Recently DFA'd and going to clear waivers.  No one is touhing that contract, even for half a year.

I was wondering if the Sox would try to sign him after he clears for a pro-rated minimum.  His OPS this season is .611.  This is actually worse than every Sox outfielder except Bradley (.607).  Even Grady Sizemore (.612) had a higher OPS granted not by much.

Hope they pass...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: Alfonso Sorianio

Just in case your wondering he has .295 career avg in Fenway. Not same player though. Enjoy retirement.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Exactly.  That average is mostly from a long time ago, and he hasn't played very many regular season games at Fenway since he left the American League in 2005.  Not much that happened in 2005 is relevant today...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No. The Yankees aren't hitting well either, if he was worth keeping he'd be in NY.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Cubs are finally out of that contract after this year. I think their highest paid guy is Castro at 6 million next year, they should have a ton to spend going into Off-Season.
    Theo will be jumping for joy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I doubt there is any intention  of signing Soriano. He looks to be finished.

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I would think that Soriano would want to play for a contender.  He is contemplating retirement, so I'm not sure he would want to come back and play for a team that has a small chance of making the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Recently DFA'd and going to clear waivers.  No one is touhing that contract, even for half a year.

Red sox will pass him.  He is 38 years old!!   if he is five years younger, I would consider him.  

Plus he is now a horrible OF defender.  Cant imagine playing LF in any opponent ball park other than playing at Fenway Park.

Take a pass on him.  If Sox are getting back into the pennant race with in two to three weeks, they ll make a move and try to get a good young hitting OF as well he can play defense.  

I was wondering if the Sox would try to sign him after he clears for a pro-rated minimum.  His OPS this season is .611.  This is actually worse than every Sox outfielder except Bradley (.607).  Even Grady Sizemore (.612) had a higher OPS granted not by much.

Hope they pass...

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Soriano will probably sign with the Mariners. He's more likely to be an asset to Seattle than Johnny Damon (who the Mariners have considered). Maybe he'd like to be re-united with Cano and contend for a wild card.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

If he comes here they really need to pat him down. Yanks might be distancing themselves.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cubs are finally out of that contract after this year. I think their highest paid guy is Castro at 6 million next year, they should have a ton to spend going into Off-Season.
    Theo will be jumping for joy.

[/QUOTE]

He will be. His lineup should be as follows:

C Wellington Castillo

1B Rizzo

2B Arismendy Alcantara

SS Starlin Castro

3B Kris Bryant (Rookie of the year prediction)

LF FA

CF Javier Baez

RF FA

P Jake Arrietta

P Lester

P Scherzer

Other than Castro and Rizzo, the Cubs will have a lineup loaded with guys making the minimum. They could load up on pitching and still have a payroll under $120M.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I doubt there is any intention  of signing Soriano. He looks to be finished.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Reclamation project. Sounds like a SOX signing to me.

[/QUOTE]

Why would the the 39-50 Red Sox sign Soriano and play him at the expense of JBJ, Betts, Holt?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

A lot of the posts look like what was being posted when Drew was being discussed;  never happen, bad avg., slumped in the playoffs, etc.  I'll bet Ben is all over this guy.  Is he a Boras guy?