Alfredo Aceves - The New Bob Stanley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: Alfredo Aceves - The New Bob Stanley

In Response to Re: Alfredo Aceves - The New Bob Stanley:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfredo Aceves - The New Bob Stanley : Great stuff. I had a Burmese cat named Murphy who lived until 15.  I swear he could read my mind -- but not I his.  He could sense a lap forming and was already in the air.  He would follow me down the hallway and do a great leap onto the bed. That meant he wanted me to hurl him through the air onto the bed. Yup. He'd keep coming back for more.  My job was to watch for cues and do what I was told. I should add that he was sweet, affectionate, and a little clownish.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

laughing..
    heartwarming guys.
    the world isnt all nasty and evil people.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Kaleb knows when he's coming with me. I have tried hard to hide any clues, but he knows. He knows when I'm on my way home from somepalce. My wife says he goes to the window about 5 minutes before I get home. I am not on any set schedule, so there's something freaky going on. He has never chewed anything. I could leave a steak on the coffee table and go to work. He wouldnt eat it. He saves his food or bones until I get home. (I think he hards it our of fear of further abandonment. He is very protective and had a scary bark, but never would bite of hurt another dog unless he had too. He loves our 2 cats. He would defend them to his death as well. He will not take any food from my hand. I have to put it in his dish or throw it to him and tell him it is his. (I never trained him for that). He is white with yellow tinges like a yellow lab, but has the body of a shepherd. He has never "gone" in the house. (I have a dog door). Never shewed anything. Never bitten anyone.  Never begs for food. He gets super excited when I pick up his leash. He'll knock me over to get to the door. He even understands Spanish. My wife and I try to talk in Spanish about taking him with us or not, and he knows. If I just say "you wan..." he cocks his head sideways and his ear perks up. (in anticipation of "you wanna go for a ride" or "you wanna go to the park") I could go on and on...
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

laughing.... sounds like a saint. what did you say his name is? saint kaleb?
    humans have lost our sense of "knowing" growing up in "civilized" society. many domesticated animals still have theirs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]The bond between animals and people is unique and very special. It's predicated on affection and routine. The sound of a dish: The time of day for a given ritual: Just a look at a given moment: They react to all of this, as if the thought process is telepathic. Their comfort zone is you and the life you make for them. That's all they have. They give so much, yet ask so little in return. It really hurts when they pass on. But there's always another who's need is just as great.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

beautiful sentiments.
    yes animals are unconditionally loving, unlike most humans.
    animlas are attentive to cues, but there is a knowing,if you will, as well, based on what i'll refer to as energy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I always get my pets from shelters, but I am picky. I have never had a "bad pet". I go by the look in their eyes. Kaleb and I instantly bonded. The fact that he is a beautiful dog helped. Almost everyone we meet sayd how amazing he looks. He is majestic and dignified, strong and yet peaceful and playful. I wish I could show you guys a pic.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

someday you may

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

The old LosLoco. Not witty, but without wits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfredo Aceves - The New Bob Stanley : beautiful sentiments. yes animals are unconditionally loving, unlike most humans. animlas are attentive to cues, but there is a knowing,if you will, as well, based on what i'll refer to as energy.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

I think of them as little people in fur...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's amazing how much personality each one has.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yes, I know what you mean, Moon. They are little people, but more special than most...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

What is not to like about Aceves?  Off to a dinomite start with the Redsox!  But the new Bob Stanley?  Well, Stanley was quite consistently effective over a long haul.  Two Months does not a Stanley make!  I hope so, though!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Well said Rebel.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfredo Aceves - The New Bob Stanley : I think of them as little people in fur...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

yes, little people, but smarter, more loving, loyal, reliable and forgiving. how many people do you know with all those qualities. in todays cultures, humans are going downhill in qualities we display, animals not so much.

Sections
Shortcuts