Alfredo Aceves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Alfredo Aceves

There was a post on him last week, but he deserves revisiting. This guy is amazing, indestructible. He's 9-1 a few saves, eats innings, has apparently a rubber arm. What a find, how did the Yankees let this guy walk. Maybe next to Gonzo, the best pickup of the year.

He hit the radar gun today at 95 , more than once, that's better than average. He has had a couple of so so outings this year , but by and large he has been lights out. Great signing by the FO , kind of makes up for Jenks. Miller is also looking like an asset.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zadmat. Show zadmat's posts

Re: Alfredo Aceves

I totally agree with you and he is a savoir to a number of games this year as our record would not be what it is without him.  He hasn't had alot of run support either when he comes into a game and has had to shut down the other team and has. 

From starting to relief this guy was a great pickup!!  He was great for he Yankees last year and glad they didn't want him back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I couldn't agree more.  He's been amazing and I think has saved many games - in that non-stat way of saying it - and has helped the team stay the course.  9-1 now with and ERA below 3, just amazing.  Will pitch anywhere anytime.  (Hmmmm, that last part sounds like another Sox mainstay.  But I won't mention Wakefield.  That would cause too much trouble.)

He was a little too emotional for the "Yanqui Way" and let loose on almost solely his personality type, from what I've read.  In this crazy town, with all of us crazy fans, he's just right at home.  :o)  

When the Sox invited him to ST, I had a small thrill run through me.  I always hope the reclaimation projects work out, both for their sake and the Sox' sake, but this one is hands down the best.  MIller may become another one. (I'd hate to think where we'd be without their combined record of 15-2.)  But Alfredo seems the finished product.  I can only imagine that Tito's belief in him has made him feel more than welcome.  Not a bad thing, after being dumped by the NYucks.  They kept Jobba and let Alfredo go ....  hmmm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Alfredo Aceves:
    [QUOTE]I totally agree with you and he is a savoir to a number of games this year as our record would not be what it is without him.  He hasn't had alot of run support either when he comes into a game and has had to shut down the other team and has.  From starting to relief this guy was a great pickup!!  He was great for he Yankees last year and glad they didn't want him back.
    Posted by zadmat[/QUOTE]

Z,

Apparently, we were both thinking and typing about the same thing at about the same time.  :oD
      I didn't mean to sound so repetitive with my post, I thought it was the 2nd one ...  but I can only agree with you. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zadmat. Show zadmat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfredo Aceves : Z,   Apparently, we were both thinking and typing about the same thing at about the same time.  :oD   I didn't mean to sound so repetitive with my post, I thought it was the 2nd one ...  but I can only agree with you.   
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

No big deal and we pretty much agree about everything and i never mentioned Miller and feel the same way about him to.  I hope everthing works out there too.  He pitched great the other night. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Epstein deserves huge accolades for this signing, which may end up as one of the best he's made as GM.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

the changeups he threw last night and that one big curveball were devastating.  his career has always been like this -- the guy is 23-2 lifetime w/ ~1 WHIP.  freakin awesome to have him on the squad!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I've said this for the past 3 months:
    Team Cy Young--Aceves
    Team Pitching MVP--Aceves
    10th Man Award--Aceves....this isn't even for debate.
    The guy flat out is the Sox best pitcher this year.
    And that's saying a lot with Papelbon, Beckett,
    Bard and Lester all pitching well on the roster...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from <**The-Babe**>. Show <**The-Babe**>'s posts

[QUOTE]I couldn't agree more.  He's been amazing and I think has saved many games - in that non-stat way of saying it - and has helped the team stay the course.  9-1 now with and ERA below 3, just amazing.  Will pitch anywhere anytime.  (Hmmmm, that last part sounds like another Sox mainstay.  But I won't mention Wakefield.  That would cause too much trouble.) He was a little too emotional for the "Yanqui Way" and let loose on almost solely his personality type, from what I've read.  In this crazy town, with all of us crazy fans, he's just right at home.  :o)   When the Sox invited him to ST, I had a small thrill run through me.  I always hope the reclaimation projects work out, both for their sake and the Sox' sake, but this one is hands down the best.  MIller may become another one. (I'd hate to think where we'd be without their combined record of 15-2.)  But Alfredo seems the finished product.  I can only imagine that Tito's belief in him has made him feel more than welcome.  Not a bad thing, after being dumped by the NYucks.  They kept Jobba and let Alfredo go ....  hmmm.  

Ummmm...Joba has both a lower ERA and WHIP than aceves.

And the Yanks didn't let him go due to his emotions, it was due to his history of back problems.

But, overall, great pickup by the blosox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

when you look at the team right now theos moves may turn out to be outstanding.some bad lackey-dicek-drew-crawford,two gone but two could turn it around next year.jenks-miller-morales--tazawa-may be a big part of the team next year.agon is great!aceves-wheeler-salty and scutaro were good pick ups.no one can get them all right.how do you see it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]I've said this for the past 3 months: Team Cy Young--Aceves Team Pitching MVP--Aceves 10th Man Award--Aceves....this isn't even for debate. The guy flat out is the Sox best pitcher this year. And that's saying a lot with Papelbon, Beckett, Bard and Lester all pitching well on the roster...
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Now, what's the difference between Team Cy Young and Pitching MVP?  Also, Aceves is a good surprise, but IMO doesn't get either of these in front of Lester, Beckett, Paplebon or even Bard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Aceves and Miller and even Bedard were all exceptional moves. I just wonder what this team could do with a real SS?????? this is Scrubtaro's last year thank God the Lugo rule exsists,bring up Iglesias up in September and wave bye bye too Marco Polo...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Iglesias cannot hit a baseball at a major league level.  His defense is unquestionably superior to Scutaro's (or Lowrie's), but he is not ready to hit at this level yet. 
    I'm not a huge Scutaro fan either, but at least he can put a ball into play. 

Kinda damned if they do, damned if they don't.  If they bring him up in September, defense improves as offense declines. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikefan1034. Show mikefan1034's posts

yooooooo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Epstein deserves huge accolades for this signing, which may end up as one of the best he's made as GM.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Agree with all of you about Aceves.  He has been terrific for the Red Sox this year.  Hopefully, this will continue as long as he isn't overworked, (What I believe happened to Albers). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Aceves and Miller and even Bedard were all exceptional moves. I just wonder what this team could do with a real SS?????? this is Scrubtaro's last year thank God the Lugo rule exsists,bring up Iglesias up in September and wave bye bye too Marco Polo...
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

I still believe that the Red Sox would be better off if they had resigned Alex Gonzalez.  I have already posted this several times.  He was a terrific defensive player. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Alfredo Aceves:
    [QUOTE]There was a post on him last week, but he deserves revisiting. This guy is amazing, indestructible. He's 9-1 a few saves, eats innings, has apparently a rubber arm. What a find, how did the Yankees let this guy walk. Maybe next to Gonzo, the best pickup of the year. He hit the radar gun today at 95 , more than once, that's better than average. He has had a couple of so so outings this year , but by and large he has been lights out. Great signing by the FO , kind of makes up for Jenks. Miller is also looking like an asset.
    Posted by aussiewill[/QUOTE]

Will, I totally agree.  The funny thing is that so many fans hate Tito that if he brought Aceves into a game and he did NOT pitch well, those fans would say Tito blew it by bringin him in.  Sox fans kill me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I couldn't agree more.  He's been amazing and I think has saved many games - in that non-stat way of saying it - and has helped the team stay the course.  9-1 now with and ERA below 3, just amazing.  Will pitch anywhere anytime.  (Hmmmm, that last part sounds like another Sox mainstay.  But I won't mention Wakefield.  That would cause too much trouble.) He was a little too emotional for the "Yanqui Way" and let loose on almost solely his personality type, from what I've read.  In this crazy town, with all of us crazy fans, he's just right at home.  :o)   When the Sox invited him to ST, I had a small thrill run through me.  I always hope the reclaimation projects work out, both for their sake and the Sox' sake, but this one is hands down the best.  MIller may become another one. (I'd hate to think where we'd be without their combined record of 15-2.)  But Alfredo seems the finished product.  I can only imagine that Tito's belief in him has made him feel more than welcome. Not a bad thing, after being dumped by the NYucks.  They kept Jobba and let Alfredo go ....  hmmm.  

Good point.

Tito seems to thrive with such free spirits. That 2004 team was his baptism!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Alfredo Aceves : Will, I totally agree.  The funny thing is that so many fans hate Tito that if he brought Aceves into a game and he did NOT pitch well, those fans would say Tito blew it by bringin him in.  Sox fans kill me.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but RS fans should bow to Cashman for delivering such a gift.