Alfredo Despaigne

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Alfredo Despaigne

Just read he is applying for Visa. Sox should be ALL over this kid. Debatable who is better Abreu, Cespedes, or him. This kid can hit.
    Faced Strasburg a couple of years ago in Olympics, and smoked him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Alfredo Despaigne

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Just read he is applying for Visa. Sox should be ALL over this kid. Debatable who is better Abreu, Cespedes, or him. This kid can hit.
    Faced Strasburg a couple of years ago in Olympics, and smoked him.

hey BSu!!...i'm sure everyone will have the telescope out on this one

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Nice, he will be a Yankee

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

I highly doubt it.  The Yankees still have to pay Teixeira to play first.  Not to mention they have a few guys on the team who probably should be playing first right now.  When Arod comes back he probably should be a first baseman at some point in his 40's.  McCann may need to move off of catcher in several years, especially seeing how the only minor leaguer who might actually have a really good career in their system is a catcher a few years away. 

Any other guy who might MIGHT something in NY's system are all either 1st baseman, or 3rd baseman who need to move to.  Of Course NYY could just play him in the outfield anyways.....but still to me it makes zero sense when the Yankee team and organization is just LITTERED with firstbaseman, future first baseman and guys who should be playing first base..............You know on second thought, he probably does sign with NY.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I highly doubt it.  The Yankees still have to pay Teixeira to play first.  Not to mention they have a few guys on the team who probably should be playing first right now.  When Arod comes back he probably should be a first baseman at some point in his 40's.  McCann may need to move off of catcher in several years, especially seeing how the only minor leaguer who might actually have a really good career in their system is a catcher a few years away. 

Any other guy who might MIGHT something in NY's system are all either 1st baseman, or 3rd baseman who need to move to.  Of Course NYY could just play him in the outfield anyways.....but still to me it makes zero sense when the Yankee team and organization is just LITTERED with firstbaseman, future first baseman and guys who should be playing first base..............You know on second thought, he probably does sign with NY.

Read in Harold today that Yankees said they will keep spending as much money as it takes.No LIMIT !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Read in Harold today that Yankees said they will keep spending as much money as it takes.No LIMIT !!!

As a Sox fan, I hope so.  That strategy worked so well for them in the 80s.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

"For some teams, Despaigne is the best player remaining in Cuba, although Gourriel and second baseman/third baseman Jose Fernandez are also in that discussion, with Cepeda still a talented hitter but already 34 years old. Despaigne is an aggressive hitter prone to all-or-nothing swings out of a stocky 5-foot-9, 215-pound frame, but he has 80 raw power on the 20-80 scale, with more bat speed and the ability to jack balls even farther than White Sox Cuban first baseman Jose Abreu."

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/is-alfredo-despaigne-coming-to-mlb-the-fascinating-decisions-ahead-for-cubas-star-outfielder/" rel="nofollow">http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/is-alfredo-despaigne-coming-to-mlb-the-fascinating-decisions-ahead-for-cubas-star-outfielder/

Very intriguing. The Sox made a run at Abreu last October, so hopefully they'll be in on this guy as well. A power-hitting outfielder sure sounds nice right now, and he'd only cost money - no draft picks or prospects.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Oh, make arun and drive the cost up for the Yanks and Dodgers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

"For some teams, Despaigne is the best player remaining in Cuba, although Gourriel and second baseman/third baseman Jose Fernandez are also in that discussion, with Cepeda still a talented hitter but already 34 years old. Despaigne is an aggressive hitter prone to all-or-nothing swings out of a stocky 5-foot-9, 215-pound frame, but he has 80 raw power on the 20-80 scale, with more bat speed and the ability to jack balls even farther than White Sox Cuban first baseman Jose Abreu."

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/is-alfredo-despaigne-coming-to-mlb-the-fascinating-decisions-ahead-for-cubas-star-outfielder/" rel="nofollow">http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/is-alfredo-despaigne-coming-to-mlb-the-fascinating-decisions-ahead-for-cubas-star-outfielder/" rel="nofollow">http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/is-alfredo-despaigne-coming-to-mlb-the-fascinating-decisions-ahead-for-cubas-star-outfielder/

Very intriguing. The Sox made a run at Abreu last October, so hopefully they'll be in on this guy as well. A power-hitting outfielder sure sounds nice right now, and he'd only cost money - no draft picks or prospects.

object HTMLDivElement]

Makes you wonder if Abreu's success with up the price of this guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Cuban Ballplayers are brought up in different philosophy, they swing, no excitement in walks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

its onl money no player cost just money

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't know much about this guy, but I think we should be more involved in the foreign free agent market.  There is so much talent out there. And it doesn't cost you prospects, only money.

Stabbed by Foulke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

why can't we get guys like this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

you caRe: Alfredo Despaigne

In response to billge's comment:

You can but what I read in this thread is the "we''re poor" nonsense that you''re fed or have come to believe. Jasko 2248's post basically says he hopes the Yankees go after him because it will cost them money. But Flapjack and dgalehouse wisely point out that being on the foreign market only costs money, not picks ior prospects. I'd love to see the Yanks in on him because he's an insane masher. If you comprende el espanol, an interviewer asks him on YouTube which teams he likes, he says, El Yanquis. Doesn't mean much, but it' s a start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

We do.

Any other questions?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to mfymfy's comment:

You can but what I read in this thread is the "we''re poor" nonsense that you''re fed or have come to believe. Jasko 2248's post basically says he hopes the Yankees go after him because it will cost them money. But Flapjack and dgalehouse wisely point out that being on the foreign market only costs money, not picks ior prospects. I'd love to see the Yanks in on him because he's an insane masher. If you comprende el espanol, an interviewer asks him on YouTube which teams he likes, he says, El Yanquis. Doesn't mean much, but it' s a start.

Money is a universal language. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to mfymfy's comment:

Money is a universal language. 

Agreed, J-Bay. The great equalizer. Anyone can play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

So we should spend some

Sections
Shortcuts