ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!......

THREW 50 PITCHES...... ON LINE TO WIN 25 GAMES.........  PLEASE SPARE ME/US !!  THIS IS ALL A LOT OF CHICKEN SH!T  !!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!......

AS DAD WOULD SAY........  "SON,  SHOULD WE ORDER OUR WORLD SERIES TICKETS NOW "  !!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Dammed if he do, dammed if he don't, huh Bill?

If Beckett doesn't show up early:  lazy primadonna STILL doesn't care, public enemy #1

If Beckett shows up early, raring to go:  A lot of chicken sh!t, fraud, public enemy #1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: ALL IS WELL.....

Does anyone have any idea how long this Beckett chickensh*t is going to continue?? Anyone..?????? Hope springs eternal....same goes for spring training. let's all give it a rest, shall we?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!......:
    [QUOTE]Dammed if he do, dammed if he don't, huh Bill? If Beckett doesn't show up early:  lazy primadonna STILL doesn't care, public enemy #1 If Beckett shows up early, raring to go:  A lot of chicken sh!t, fraud, public enemy #1
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]   YOUR RIGHT SPACEMAN.......  I JUST GET A LITTLE CONFUSED BECAUSE I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT CAME 1ST......  THE CHICKEN OR THE BEER ????    HECK, IT'S LATE WINTER AND A YOUNG MANS HEART TURNS TO SPRING & BASEBALL......  I CAN HEAR PAT BOONE NOW...."APRIL LOVE"  !!!!!!Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL.....:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have any idea how long this Beckett chickensh*t is going to continue?? Anyone..?????? Hope springs eternal....same goes for spring training. let's all give it a rest, shall we?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

It'll keep going until he's lights out again.  Of course the first time he only goes 7 innings or less or gives up 2+ runs, Bill and Georom will be harping on him again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : It'll keep going until he's lights out again.  Of course the first time he only goes 7 innings or less or gives up 2+ runs, Bill and Georom will be harping on him again.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]  DON'T BLAME GEROME & BILL-806.....  IT WILL/SHOULD CONTINUE TILL HE STARTS EARNING HIS  64 MIL $$$$$$..... "LET ME BE CLEAR", CAN'T WE PRESUME THAT THE "FAT-CATS WILL EARN THEIR FAIR SHARE ????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... :   DON'T BLAME GEROME & BILL-806.....  IT WILL/SHOULD CONTINUE TILL HE STARTS EARNING HIS  64 MIL $$$$$$..... "LET ME BE CLEAR", CAN'T WE PRESUME THAT THE "FAT-CATS WILL EARN THEIR FAIR SHARE ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Just got here and haven't read the entire thread. Are we talking about AJ Burnett here? Don't do that, the Yankee fans will get upset.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... :   DON'T BLAME GEROME & BILL-806.....  IT WILL/SHOULD CONTINUE TILL HE STARTS EARNING HIS  64 MIL $$$$$$..... "LET ME BE CLEAR", CAN'T WE PRESUME THAT THE "FAT-CATS WILL EARN THEIR FAIR SHARE ????

Why not and why Bill? We get it and it's getting old. It's past history; over and done with. Let's turn the page and let John Henry worry about not getting his monies worth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Easy does it, there is no need to tell Bill to stop playing his game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : Just got here and haven't read the entire thread. Are we talking about AJ Burnett here? Don't do that, the Yankee fans will get upset.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]YellYell..........Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I expect a great year from Beckett.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

as arrogant as Beckett is(not the bad way, but in the way pitchers need to be) i don't think there's a reason to think Becks won't be in shape this time around and even if he is in prime shape(for him) it'll be just as important for CBuch and Lester to be as good as they've been... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

He more than earned his money last year.  He rushed back from injury and it affected his performance in September.  He still finished with a sub-3.00 ERA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i hope he is able to maintain his awesome two year average of 9.5 victories a season...that is some bargain for 15mil a yr (avg)

what an ace!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Glad he is there early. He needs to be to get into top shape, answer the media and begin the road back. If, and only if he chooses to, he can become a great lightning rod for Red Sox success this year......or if he does not, oh my what a long year for him it will be.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]i hope he is able to maintain his awesome two year average of 9.5 victories a season...that is some bargain for 15mil a yr (avg) what an ace!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

No argument that 2010 wasn't kind to Beckett, but that was on his old contract.  He was playing under his $12M club option in 2010, his current 4 year, $68M deal didn't start until last season, in which he was an elite pitcher from April - August.

Considering he had his lowest innings total since 2002 (rookie season) in 2010, I'm ok with that win average.  Wins, while evaluating a pitcher, offer extremely limited insight into a pitchers talent and performance.  Still, Beckett has averaged 14 wins a year with Boston.  84 wins in 6 seasons.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!...... : No argument that 2010 wasn't kind to Beckett, but that was on his old contract.  He was playing under his $12M club option in 2010, his current 4 year, $68M deal didn't start until last season, in which he was an elite pitcher from April - August. Considering he had his lowest innings total since 2002 (rookie season) in 2010, I'm ok with that win average.  Wins, while evaluating a pitcher, offer extremely limited insight into a pitchers talent and performance.  Still, Beckett has averaged 14 wins a year with Boston.  84 wins in 6 seasons.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

not exactly awe inspiring...but youre right about wins not being the end all...but how many "back strains" is Beckett allowed before he fesses up to his bad conditioning habits? never apparently

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!...... : No argument that 2010 wasn't kind to Beckett, but that was on his old contract.  He was playing under his $12M club option in 2010, his current 4 year, $68M deal didn't start until last season, in which he was an elite pitcher from April - August. Considering he had his lowest innings total since 2002 (rookie season) in 2010, I'm ok with that win average.  Wins, while evaluating a pitcher, offer extremely limited insight into a pitchers talent and performance.  Still, Beckett has averaged 14 wins a year with Boston.  84 wins in 6 seasons.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Yep, 84 wins and only 47 losses.  That's a .641 winning pct., not too shabby.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

[QUOTE]i hope he is able to maintain his awesome two year average of 9.5 victories a season...that is some bargain for 15mil a yr (avg) what an ace!

Wins are what counts baby. Don't let them BS you with some BS about ERA. Pitchers get paid for wins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!...... :  but how many "back strains" is Beckett allowed before he fesses up to his bad conditioning habits? never apparently

It hasn't been a major problem during his time in Boston other than 2010.  His smallest workload has been 174.1 innings and 27 starts (again, excluding 2010).

There are certainly things he could do to improve, and conditioning is a huge part of that, but he's earned his contract every year except for 2006 (adjusting to AL) and 2010 (back problems).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!......:
    [QUOTE]  THREW 50 PITCHES...... ON LINE TO WIN 25 GAMES.........  PLEASE SPARE ME/US !!  THIS IS ALL A LOT OF CHICKEN SH!T  !!!!!

Haters already be hating...... 

Beckett better improve on his horrendous 30 start, 2.89 ERA, 1.026 WHIP, 3/1 SO to BB ratio disaster that was 2011.  I would love to see Beckett work into the 8th inning more often but pretending that he was a disaster in 2011 b/c of his last 2 starts is pathetic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pike2. Show Pike2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!...... : Haters already be hating......  Beckett better improve on his horrendous 30 start, 2.89 ERA, 1.026 WHIP, 3/1 SO to BB ratio disaster that was 2011.  I would love to see Beckett work into the 8th inning more often but pretending that he was a disaster in 2011 b/c of his last 2 starts is pathetic.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

The BDC forum has a few people assigned to be designated haters. That is what makes the forum work. Georom is assigned to Beckett.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!...... : Haters already be hating......  Beckett better improve on his horrendous 30 start, 2.89 ERA, 1.026 WHIP, 3/1 SO to BB ratio disaster that was 2011.  I would love to see Beckett work into the 8th inning more often but pretending that he was a disaster in 2011 b/c of his last 2 starts is pathetic.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

13 wins...all before crunch time in a pennant race, and shutting down because he isnt going to win the cy young, and then helping to get his manager fired should be grounds for being DFA'd....all this for 17 million....no thank you

Sections
Shortcuts