ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: ALL IS WELL.....

In response to "Re: ALL IS WELL.....": [QUOTE]Does anyone have any idea how long this Beckett chickensh*t is going to continue?? Anyone..?????? Hope springs eternal....same goes for spring training. let's all give it a rest, shall we? Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Amen to that. As dad would say, "son, sometimes you've just gotta let stuff go."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL.....:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: ALL IS WELL.....": Amen to that. As dad would say, "son, sometimes you've just gotta let stuff go."
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]  DAD WOULD ALSO SAY......  "SON, WE WILL LET GO WHEN WE SEE THE VALUE OF THE 64MIL FAT-CAT" !!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... :   DAD WOULD ALSO SAY......  "SON, WE WILL LET GO WHEN WE SEE THE VALUE OF THE 64MIL FAT-CAT" !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

i think your dads response would probably be
    SON IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THAT BECKETT WAS THE 9TH BEST PITCHER IN BASEBALL LAST YEAR THEN YOU SHOULD PROBABALY FIND YOURSELF ANOTHER TEAM TO ROOT FOR BECUASE CLEARLY YOU DONT WATCH THE GAMES YOU PINK HAT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Re: ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!......

Another petty catfight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!......:
    [QUOTE]Another petty catfight.
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

Settle in FortMeade.  It doesn't get any prettier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

FortMeade sounds suspiciously like the newest Pikette.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : i think your dads response would probably be SON IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THAT BECKETT WAS THE 9TH BEST PITCHER IN BASEBALL LAST YEAR THEN YOU SHOULD PROBABALY FIND YOURSELF ANOTHER TEAM TO ROOT FOR BECUASE CLEARLY YOU DONT WATCH THE GAMES YOU PINK HAT
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]OK DAD, YOUR RESPONSE........ "WELL SON, MAYBE THE 9TH BEST PITCHER ON LAST YEARS TEAM" !!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]FortMeade sounds suspiciously like the newest Pikette.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

he is, the mods forgot one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!...... : he is, the mods forgot one.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Some pests are very difficult to exterminate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : OK DAD, YOUR RESPONSE........ "WELL SON, MAYBE THE 9TH BEST PITCHER ON LAST YEARS TEAM" !!!!!

Bill look at his stat line for last year did you watch any games, i was at the yankee game that ended up tied 2-2 when reddick hit a walk off double. Im telling you straight up that beckett was a beast last year im really starting to wonder if you watched any of his starts or if you even like the sox. He was easily the best pitcher on the sox last year and that part isnt even remotely debatable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : Bill look at his stat line for last year did you watch any games, i was at the yankee game that ended up tied 2-2 when reddick hit a walk off double. Im telling you straight up that beckett was a beast last year im really starting to wonder if you watched any of his starts or if you even like the sox. He was easily the best pitcher on the sox last year and that part isnt even remotely debatable.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

I think that game is a great example of what Beckett was last year.  He battled hard and held the Yanks down through 6 innings but with  a high pitch count was done a little earlier than you would like an "ace" to be done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : Bill look at his stat line for last year did you watch any games, i was at the yankee game that ended up tied 2-2 when reddick hit a walk off double. Im telling you straight up that beckett was a beast last year im really starting to wonder if you watched any of his starts or if you even like the sox. He was easily the best pitcher on the sox last year and that part isnt even remotely debatable.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]YOUR MAKING MY POINT  !!!  LAST YEAR HE HAD A HIGH PITCH COUNT FROM THE GET GO.........  HE AND LESTER WERE TO BE THE LEADERS ON THAT STAFF.....  FOR MY $$$ AND JOHN HENRY'S 64MIL$$$$, I WOULD SAY THAT HE WAS WAY OFF THE MARK OF BEING AN ACE....... THE FINAL RESULTS OF 2011 = "FAT-CAT"  !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]I expect a great year from Beckett.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

So do I.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : YOUR MAKING MY POINT  !!!  LAST YEAR HE HAD A HIGH PITCH COUNT FROM THE GET GO.........  HE AND LESTER WERE TO BE THE LEADERS ON THAT STAFF.....  FOR MY $$$ AND JOHN HENRY'S 64MIL$$$$, I WOULD SAY THAT HE WAS WAY OFF THE MARK OF BEING AN ACE....... THE FINAL RESULTS OF 2011 = "FAT-CAT"  !!!

Well, Bill, September was bad, and, yes, if he were really top shelf, he would go deeper into games more often.  But, he actually was not as "way off the mark" as you and your witch hunt pals paint him.  Beckett was far and a way the best pitcher on the club last year.  He was a big-game hoss for 5/6ths of the year.  And his numbers were among the best in the league.  

Now, I really don't care about the term "ace", and I think all this quibbling over who is and who isn't is silly.  But, I will go so far as to agree that his inability to go deep and his poor September (here giving you witch hunters the benefit of the doubt that his injury was caused by chicken and beer) put him short of the hazy "ace" line.

But, also being reasonable and not completely blinded by righteous indignant anger and judgement, he was not way off the mark.  He was pretty darn close.

With a commitment to fitness and a chip on his shoulder, close enough that i think he may get there in 2012.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : Well, Bill, September was bad, and, yes, if he were really top shelf, he would go deeper into games more often.  But, he actually was not as "way off the mark" as you and your witch hunt pals paint him.  Beckett was far and a way the best pitcher on the club last year.  He was a big-game hoss for 5/6ths of the year.  And his numbers were among the best in the league.   Now, I really don't care about the term "ace", and I think all this quibbling over who is and who isn't is silly.  But, I will go so far as to agree that his inability to go deep and his poor September (here giving you witch hunters the benefit of the doubt that his injury was caused by chicken and beer) put him short of the hazy "ace" line. But, also being reasonable and not completely blinded by righteous indignant anger and judgement, he was not way off the mark.  He was pretty darn close. With a commitment to fitness and a chip on his shoulder, close enough that i think he may get there in 2012.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

The only problems that any reasonable, intelligent, sane person (We know Bill is not in this group) could have with Beckett's 2011 are...

1.  The last 2 starts.  It is what it is.  This is guy who has dominated his way through 2 Octobers, so we know the moment wasn't too big, he just came up short twice against Baltimore.  On Sept 5th, Beckett left a start early, a game in which he was pitching ver well and then missed his next start.  So clearly he was not 100%.  If you want to blame that on Beer and Chicken that is fine.

2. He doesn't work quite far enough into games.  I'd like to see Josh work deeper into games but last year he kept getting himself in situations where his PC had him out after 6 innings.  If he just averages a couple extra outs a start, we're talking about a 210 IP season. 

In his 8 starts leading up to the last 2, August and September Beckett went  4-1 and the Red Sox went 6-2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : Well, Bill, September was bad, and, yes, if he were really top shelf, he would go deeper into games more often.  But, he actually was not as "way off the mark" as you and your witch hunt pals paint him.  Beckett was far and a way the best pitcher on the club last year.  He was a big-game hoss for 5/6ths of the year.  And his numbers were among the best in the league.   Now, I really don't care about the term "ace", and I think all this quibbling over who is and who isn't is silly.  But, I will go so far as to agree that his inability to go deep and his poor September (here giving you witch hunters the benefit of the doubt that his injury was caused by chicken and beer) put him short of the hazy "ace" line. But, also being reasonable and not completely blinded by righteous indignant anger and judgement, he was not way off the mark.  He was pretty darn close. With a commitment to fitness and a chip on his shoulder, close enough that i think he may get there in 2012.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]  MY FAULT BOYS......  I GUESS THAT I AM GETTING CAUGHT UP IN THE #'s......  MEANING  5 INNININGS, 90 PITCHES, AND A 40" WAISTLINE !!!   EVEN THE "BIG O" WOULD SAY......"RED SOX NATION DESERVES BETTER, ALL CHICKEN & BEER WILL BE REDISTRIBUTED TO MY UNCLE IN FRAMINGHAM & AUNT PERPERTUITY IN THE BACK BAY"  !!!!!Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : The only problems that any reasonable, intelligent, sane person (We know Bill is not in this group) could have with Beckett's 2011 are... 1.  The last 2 starts.  It is what it is.  This is guy who has dominated his way through 2 Octobers, so we know the moment wasn't too big, he just came up short twice against Baltimore.  On Sept 5th, Beckett left a start early, a game in which he was pitching ver well and then missed his next start.  So clearly he was not 100%.  If you want to blame that on Beer and Chicken that is fine. 2. He doesn't work quite far enough into games.  I'd like to see Josh work deeper into games but last year he kept getting himself in situations where his PC had him out after 6 innings.  If he just averages a couple extra outs a start, we're talking about a 210 IP season.  In his 8 starts leading up to the last 2, August and September Beckett went  4-1 and the Red Sox went 6-2.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... :   MY FAULT BOYS......  I GUESS THAT I AM GETTING CAUGHT UP IN THE #'s......  MEANING  5 INNININGS, 90 PITCHES, AND A 40" WAISTLINE !!!   EVEN THE "BIG O" WOULD SAY......"RED SOX NATION DESERVES BETTER, ALL CHICKEN & BEER WILL BE REDISTRIBUTED TO MY UNCLE IN FRAMINGHAM & AUNT PERPERTUITY IN THE BACK BAY"  !!!!!

Can any of that chicken-beer-wealth be redistributed down my way?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... :   DAD WOULD ALSO SAY......  "SON, WE WILL LET GO WHEN WE SEE THE VALUE OF THE 64MIL FAT-CAT" !!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... :
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]AS DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, HUMOR IS GOOOOD FOR THE SOUL" !!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... : AS DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, HUMOR IS GOOOOD FOR THE SOUL" !!!!!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!...... : No argument that 2010 wasn't kind to Beckett, but that was on his old contract.  He was playing under his $12M club option in 2010, his current 4 year, $68M deal didn't start until last season, in which he was an elite pitcher from April - August. Considering he had his lowest innings total since 2002 (rookie season) in 2010, I'm ok with that win average.  Wins, while evaluating a pitcher, offer extremely limited insight into a pitchers talent and performance.  Still, Beckett has averaged 14 wins a year with Boston.  84 wins in 6 seasons.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Plus just how many no decisions did he have early in the season? He could have easily had 5 or 6 more wins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL IS WELL..... "BECKETT LOOKED GOOD IN BULLPEN"!!!...... : Plus just how many no decisions did he have early in the season? He could have easily had 5 or 6 more wins.
    Posted by craig2174[/QUOTE]  (THATS AN EASY ONE)... AS DAD WOULD SAY....... "SON, THAT DOOR SWINGS BOTH WAYS" !!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BOY, BOBBY V. HAS THEM WORKING HARD ALREADY....... WHEN DOES THE UNION STEP IN ??????