All Star Game and "The Captain"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

All Star Game and "The Captain"

You heard it here first, Jete will take one on the left wrist while leaning out over the plate during one of his at bats in the ASG.  This will be karma for his nauseating "cap tipping commercial".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: All Star Game and

his nauseating "cap tipping commercial"

I'm guessing U find a lot of things nauseating

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6121509376/hB586CAB1/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You heard it here first, Jete will take one on the left wrist while leaning out over the plate during one of his at bats in the ASG.  This will be karma for his nauseating "cap tipping commercial".

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  Ill feel the same way when Pedroia retires and has his "farewell tour" .  I hate the sox and all their players but I have the utmost respect for Pedroia.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will Varitek or Yaz be at the ASG? they're the only Captains I care about.

[/QUOTE]

I still have a soft spot for Captain Kangaroo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I just don't get the animosity towards Jeter. He's been a great player who, like us all, had to go and get old. He's always represented baseball well and has never had a reputation as a trouble maker. He's also probably slept with more gorgeous woman in his life than half the rock stars in history combined, yet not once to my knowledge has he ever brought embarrassment or shame to the organization he works for. I say when he tips his cap at Fenway he deserves a long applause for a great career. I HATE him when we're in battle on the field, but you gotta respect the career he's had if you're a true fan of baseball.

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about the Captain and Toe-nail....lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not so much. Other Captains I like more than Jeter: Captain Nemo, Captain Hook, Captain Ahab, Captain Kidd, and Captain Morgan. Oh yeah, Captain Morgan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not so much. Other Captains I like more than Jeter: Captain Nemo, Captain Hook, Captain Ahab, Captain Kidd, and Captain Morgan. Oh yeah, Captain Morgan.

[/QUOTE] i can definitely co-sign that last one 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Infantile wishful hate mongering.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is Wilbur also hate mongering?

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/07/class_is_in_session_the_suffocating_derek_jeter_to.html

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/07/class_is_in_session_the_suffocating_derek_jeter_to.html

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"If you want to get loaded, just take a sip every time someone mentions Jeter as being “classy.” '

I may have to try that, just to get through the game.

Hopefully, the GF will want to watch Gravity instead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

U called it nauseating

wilbur said it was ''nice'' twice

The spot is nice; self-serving and drawn out, but nice.

not sure where the self serving comes from

I doubt this was jeters idea or that he was pushing to make it

slash R U wilbur?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Give it a rest one day on Jeter, he's trying to get homefield for AL. One day we are all on same team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wilbur has a point, U don't; especially your ersatz prediction that we heard here 'first'. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give it a rest one day on Jeter, he's trying to get homefield for AL. One day we are all on same team.

[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, Jeter is not the best player to be starting the ASG if our main concern is home field advantage.  This is not an attempt to bash Jeter, since I feel that he deserves to be there, but rather to point out the complete idiocy of having the ASG, which is largely a popularity contest, determine home field advantage for the World Series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Teakus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just don't get the animosity towards Jeter. He's been a great player who, like us all, had to go and get old. He's always represented baseball well and has never had a reputation as a trouble maker. He's also probably slept with more gorgeous woman in his life than half the rock stars in history combined, yet not once to my knowledge has he ever brought embarrassment or shame to the organization he works for. I say when he tips his cap at Fenway he deserves a long applause for a great career. I HATE him when we're in battle on the field, but you gotta respect the career he's had if you're a true fan of baseball.

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

[/QUOTE]

I respect his famous 'List' a lot more than I do his career.....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How does that affect the SOX?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ahhh!!...nothing brings "family" together quite like a Jeter thread

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

In all fairness, Jeter is not the best player to be starting the ASG if our main concern is home field advantage.  This is not an attempt to bash Jeter, since I feel that he deserves to be there, but rather to point out the complete idiocy of having the ASG, which is largely a popularity contest, determine home field advantage for the World Series.

[/QUOTE] You're welcome Kimmi!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And Rice..........and soon to be Pedey.........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jeter went 2-for-2, made a diving stop and threw the guy out (despite the safe call), and people still don't respect him. Pathetic. Guy is an all-time class act.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeter went 2-for-2, made a diving stop and threw the guy out (despite the safe call), and people still don't respect him. Pathetic. Guy is an all-time class act.

[/QUOTE]

with batting practice pitches?  

how can one throw a guy out and the runner is still safe?  when i played ball the 2 events were mutually exclusive.

and i beg to differ that he's a "class act"; a great job he does at PR but class act?  sorry no

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

drew, you basically hate everyone and everything. I remember you once not being so bitter.

Sections
Shortcuts