All whining Doomsday Red Sox Fans: Get back in your fox holes!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: All whining Doomsday Red Sox Fans: Get back in your fox holes!

In Response to Re: All whining Doomsday Red Sox Fans: Get back in your fox holes!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All whining Doomsday Red Sox Fans: Get back in your fox holes! : Geo, the only reason I think there's a chance, however small, that things might be different in the playoffs is how this team has turned it on and off all year. They have proven that if they turn it on, they're as good as anybody in the game (even Philly). Unfortunately, as we have also seen, when they don't turn it on, they can't beat a triple A team disguised by an MLB ballpark. Don't get me wrong ... I'm not saying this will happen. Not even saying I believe it will happen. Just that it's possible, given how this team has flipped back and forth all season.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I'm with Lloyd - this team has not played well, certainly not pitched well, but we all know they can, and they have shown signs of starting to put it together.   You don't like to blame injuries or bad luck, but this is baseball - wind shifts alone can account for a 5 run differential over the past week.  The two blown calls in the O's series could have been the difference between taking 3 of 4 and dropping 3 of 4.  Personally, I think a Mark Reynolds HR is just a K that found the bat, so I'm going to put 2 in one game against Beckett in the luck category, too.  And how many times has Papi come within inches of his 30th HR in the past week or so?

I'm not trying to make excuses - just pointing out that this run of bad play on top of injuries on top of bad luck seems unlikely to continue.  Look at Detroit - they were playing out of their minds for a month, and now have suddenly split series against the A's and Royals.  Maybe they peaked too soon.  One thing you can be sure of with this Red Sox team - they can't be accused of peaking too soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411914. Show user_4411914's posts

In Response to Re: All whining Doomsday Red Sox Fans: Get back in your fox holes!:
    [QUOTE]reverse pivot is real.  Ells will suffer the consequences very soon
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

What is the reverse pivot thing?  Everytime Ellsbury hits one out on the gameday thread they always say "reverse pivot jack"  what does that mean?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Theo has made numerous blunders just like this, he is a Harvard educated Attorney, he should be practicing law not running a Major League Baseball team.                                  

Epstein is born in NYC and inculcated with Leftism at ivory tower Yale. He attended night school at San Diego law school. He should be a green jobs Tsar in the Obama regime, not in baseball or law. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All whining Doomsday Red Sox Fans: Get back in your fox holes! : What is the reverse pivot thing?  Everytime Ellsbury hits one out on the gameday thread they always say "reverse pivot jack"  what does that mean?
    Posted by MikeintheBronx-[/QUOTE]

Softy started it Mikey. Initially, no one knew, but as it turns out there is such a thing as a reverse pivot in golf. not sure, but it may have had something to do with his uppercut swing. just caught on, as things tend to do here.

Congrats on the winning the ALE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

It has to do with 11 career homer average and near zero percentage in opposite field homers. It has to do with why career year does not equate to a lasting power producing swing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411914. Show user_4411914's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All whining Doomsday Red Sox Fans: Get back in your fox holes! : Softy started it Mikey. Initially, no one knew, but as it turns out there is such a thing as a reverse pivot in golf. not sure, but it may have had something to do with his uppercut swing. just caught on, as things tend to do here. Congrats on the winning the ALE.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Well I won nothing J-Bay and though I am happy the Yankees  won the division it is only the first step.  Yankee fans don't remember too many division titles around here. Texas is tough and Detroit is hot and whomever advances to the WS will most likely have to deal with a very tough Phillies team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Injuries are very real - and a very real part of the game. Caution and careful should never be confused with coasting. Curt Schilling on injuries. Caution and careful in late August with a big lead is coasting. You haven't heard that management rhetoric since September collapse was manifest. It has changed. Excuses are for losers. Congratulations to the Yankees for winning the division with injuries. Every media outlet predicted the Red Sox to win the division. I don't need your patronizing comments about post season prospects. Playoff results have nothing to do with why this team has grossly under achieved in the regular season. And another year of injury excuses don't have anything to do with it either.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

Dead wrong. PO chances are heavily dependant upon health and form.
    Both would have been severely compromised had you called the shots.

You are wrong on coasting.
    You are wrong on urgency to push Buch. Both are only in UR mind.

"Perception isn't reality".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]reverse pivot"...what is that?                                    That's where a veteran player averages 11 career homers

And then turns around and hits more than slugger AGONE...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

All teams have injuries. Yankees have had them. That is why there is farm system, trade and FA market.

Your life is one big excuse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Your drivel continues.
    NY didn't lose 4 key starters at one juncture. They have 40 mil advantage over Boston to sew up depth holes.
    1/2 billion over last decade.

Injuries are a real part of the game.
    They don't come into play only in UR warped thinking.
    Stay away from mein kampf take on human physical weakness, oh great dictator of the reverse pivot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yanks: 
    2011: 5 starteing pitchers with over 24 starts and one with 14 (Hughes). 
    (Just 3 by their 7+ starters)
    2010: 5 starters with 21+ starts (3 over 29), 9 by Mosely, 7 Nova
    (just 3 by their 8+ starters)
    2009: Amazingly, 4 starters with 31+ starts! 9 Mitre, 9 Wang, 7 Hughes and 6 by Gaudin.
    2008: The Yanks had starter issues like us this year using 13 starters.
    2007: Likewise.

We have 48 starts by out 6-9 starters this season.
    Last year we had 3 starters over 28 starts and 3 more between 19-25 starts. We had just 4 starts from 7th and 8th starters. Our injuries last year were to our everyday players.
    In 2008, we had 4 guys over 27 starts.
    We won in 2007, in part because we had 5 starters with over 23 starts, Lester with 11 and 10 more by Buch & Gabbard

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Moon, you should know by now that logic like that has little place on a Softlaw thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

My dog ate my food stamps. There was a flood. My car broke down. If starting pitchers had been healthy in the last 3 years, things would be different. Yankees have avoided injuries this year and last year. Yankees starting pitching has been lucky on injury front. If Red Sox can get lucky on pitcher injury front, Epstein's roster will win 100 games and a division title.

Management and players bear zero responsiblity for a simple twist of fate on the injury front. Each season is decided on the injury front. Just bad luck so far. Yankees are old and just lucky to avoid injuries. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]My dog ate my food stamps. There was a flood. My car broke down. If starting pitchers had been healthy in the last 3 years, things would be different. Yankees have avoided injuries this year and last year. Yankees starting pitching has been lucky on injury front. If Red Sox can get lucky on pitcher injury front, Epstein's roster will win 100 games and a division title. Management and players bear zero responsiblity for a simple twist of fate on the injury front. Each season is decided on the injury front. Just bad luck so far. Yankees are old and just lucky to avoid injuries. 

Nice to see an admission that they are in fact injuries...not reasons to coast.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]My dog ate my food stamps. There was a flood. My car broke down. If starting pitchers had been healthy in the last 3 years, things would be different. Yankees have avoided injuries this year and last year. Yankees starting pitching has been lucky on injury front. If Red Sox can get lucky on pitcher injury front, Epstein's roster will win 100 games and a division title. Management and players bear zero responsiblity for a simple twist of fate on the injury front. Each season is decided on the injury front. Just bad luck so far. Yankees are old and just lucky to avoid injuries. 

I don't understand Sealed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Satire.

2011 Division favored Red Sox regular season debacle is being reduced to excuse front. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Iron-clad example of right wing foxhole mentality: Blind-sided to UR left flank.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Left wing lunacy is popular from a bureaucrats sink hole.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Narrowmindedness is no excuse for RW ignorance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Narrowmindness is the province of Leftist utopian hedonist wards of the State.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

To claim an identity off of sexual coduct is narrowminded.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

Injuries always make for a very convienant excuse when your team is going bad.  Unfortunately Red Sox fan with a $180 Million Dollar payroll ( $160 was in Spring Training, check the records for those that want to argue that) you don't get to use that excuse.  The Rays, yeah they could use that excuse, the Indians, yeah but the Red Sox and Yankees, no with that much cash to spend, you better have a plan B, C and D. The Red Sox roster construction is horrendous and despite all of the great press Theo gets, if the Red Sox miss the playoffs, this will be the 3rd time in 6 years.  Not exactly what you would call a good record for a team with the second highest payroll in the sport.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

............get back in your fox holes or fill out Section 8 papers...............

Sections
Shortcuts