All Yankee Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

All Yankee Fans

I don't know of any Sox fan who wouldn't trade the season we suffered though for the one you guys got to live. My hope is next year I get to see better baseball from the Sox. If that happens I will be sure to send a thankyou note to the Dodgers ownership.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: All Yankee Fans

thanks...but in the fashion with which they ended the season, i almost wish they hadn't bothered...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thanks...but in the fashion with which they ended the season, i almost wish they hadn't bothered...

[/QUOTE]
    It is always better to win the divison, even though, the Yankees weren't very successful in the playoffs.  Many times the winners in any sport are the team that is playing their best at that time.  Being successful in the regular season doesn't always guarantee success in the playoffs.  A good example of this is the Nationals.  They were the favorites by many MLB fans before the playoffs began to win the National League championship. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Yankees have bigger problems than the Red Sox right now.  

The Red Sox dumped $250 million in contracts and veterans.  The Yankees are stuck with A-Rod and the team is getting old.  

As of now, the O's and Rays are in better shape than the Red Sox and Yankees.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Questions for Yankee fans.

Q1: Soriano can opt out of his contract.  Keep him or let him walk away?  He had a great year. But if the Yankees decide to keep him, what about Rivera (the greatest closer of all-time)?

Q2: Keep A-Rod or not?  If the Yankees decide to trade him, how much of A-Rod's salary will the Yankees eat up?

Q3: Jeter is 38 and will have surgery.  He may be out 4 to 5 months.  Will he be the same?  

Q4: Kuroda had a great year for the Yankees.  The Yankees need pitching.  Will they keep him?

Q5: Swisher is a free agent.  The Yankees are better without him. 

Q6: Will Pettite come back?  

Q7: Ibanez is a free agent.  

Lastly, the two female fans are hot.  I hope A-Rod hits a two-run homer with them.   LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thanks HH

U should be thanking the dodgers today and every day this winter

it will be a lot more fun re spending that money

instead of talking all winter about how they are stuck with ......arod becket  

[/QUOTE] Hi Zac,

My interest in the remaining games this year is all but done.

Hope to enjoy what's left of the boating season and follow hot stove in the months ahead.

Look forward to trading thoughts when things heat up.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

boy, are we that far removed from George and his missives?  a NYY season used to be never a success unless there was a parade at the end of it.  times they are achangin'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

NY got to the ALCS - how can any fan complain about the whole of this season. If you want to whine about their bats going into the toilet during the post season, fine, but that doesn't take away from what they accomplished.

And when you conider the injury issues they had to overcome, I think it is a feather in their organizational cap. Sadly, they must now deal with the repercussions of some questionable decisions during the playoffs. And these repercussions may last a couple of years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know of any Sox fan who wouldn't trade the season we suffered though for the one you guys got to live. My hope is next year I get to see better baseball from the Sox. If that happens I will be sure to send a thankyou note to the Dodgers ownership.

[/QUOTE]

Guess you are right...at least the Yankees gave themselves a chance for a ring. They fell short, but they were playing great baseball for a long time. Our team stunk from opening day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

How about this Factoid?

Yankees were outhit by Tigers 46-22.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Take away yesterday's game and the discrepency is not that large.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Take away yesterday's game and the discrepency is not that large.

[/QUOTE]

That makes me feel better

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

What is says is that our pitching held up. I have to think seeing that NY was being no-hit again after the 3rd inning, CC just tried too hard to be perfect with his pitches.

No matter - as a fan, I am thrilled with this past season even though the ending wasn't a happy one.

At some point, this 20 years of success will have to end and NY will have to start over somewhat. It just may be sooner than we thought.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

George Steinbrenner always considered not winning the WS was a failure. That being said if I'm a NY fan I'd be pretty happy w/ how their season went, I wish the Sox had such a good season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Should be an exciting off season for both teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

If the Yankees manage to "Magic" ARod off their roster (and I hope they don't) would Jeter be willing - and able - to move to 3B?  At his age he's probably not going to be Brooksian at third, but his glove and arm are still sound so if his reflexes are up to it perhaps that would reduce his defensive liability but keep his leadership and offense at the forefront.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Yankees manage to "Magic" ARod off their roster (and I hope they don't) would Jeter be willing - and able - to move to 3B?  At his age he's probably not going to be Brooksian at third, but his glove and arm are still sound so if his reflexes are up to it perhaps that would reduce his defensive liability but keep his leadership and offense at the forefront.

[/QUOTE]

Comparing the Yankees and Red Sox this season is a study in both futility and stupidity.  The New Yorkers won the AL East (again) and they won the division series.  We won NOTHING!!!!!!  We've won nothing the past five seasons and this year we stunk to high heaven.  There are no blessings in disguise that pollyannas and rumpswabs can cling to.  We are doing things that are no longer working and we have men in the front office who are either arrogantly incompetent or just plain incompetent. Unless Prune Face wakes up and addresses this dysfunctional team we will be talking about this same topic next October.  The front office and ownership has to wake up.

The season ended over two weeks ago and so far the team hasn't done a dam@ thing.  No releasing of some of the stiffs, no trades, no manager.  This is already starting to look a lot like last season's aftermatch to me.  The team must get busy now.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts