All Yankee Fans

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: All Yankee Fans

If the Yankees manage to "Magic" ARod off their roster (and I hope they don't) would Jeter be willing - and able - to move to 3B?  At his age he's probably not going to be Brooksian at third, but his glove and arm are still sound so if his reflexes are up to it perhaps that would reduce his defensive liability but keep his leadership and offense at the forefront.

[/QUOTE]

Comparing the Yankees and Red Sox this season is a study in both futility and stupidity.  The New Yorkers won the AL East (again) and they won the division series.  We won NOTHING!!!!!!  We've won nothing the past five seasons and this year we stunk to high heaven.  There are no blessings in disguise that pollyannas and rumpswabs can cling to.  We are doing things that are no longer working and we have men in the front office who are either arrogantly incompetent or just plain incompetent. Unless Prune Face wakes up and addresses this dysfunctional team we will be talking about this same topic next October.  The front office and ownership has to wake up.

The season ended over two weeks ago and so far the team hasn't done a dam@ thing.  No releasing of some of the stiffs, no trades, no manager.  This is already starting to look a lot like last season's aftermatch to me.  The team must get busy now.

[/QUOTE]

You talking to me?  What does my question about Jeter/3B/2013 have to do with your rant?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Yankees manage to "Magic" ARod off their roster (and I hope they don't) would Jeter be willing - and able - to move to 3B?  At his age he's probably not going to be Brooksian at third, but his glove and arm are still sound so if his reflexes are up to it perhaps that would reduce his defensive liability but keep his leadership and offense at the forefront.

[/QUOTE]

Comparing the Yankees and Red Sox this season is a study in both futility and stupidity.  The New Yorkers won the AL East (again) and they won the division series.  We won NOTHING!!!!!!  We've won nothing the past five seasons and this year we stunk to high heaven.  There are no blessings in disguise that pollyannas and rumpswabs can cling to.  We are doing things that are no longer working and we have men in the front office who are either arrogantly incompetent or just plain incompetent. Unless Prune Face wakes up and addresses this dysfunctional team we will be talking about this same topic next October.  The front office and ownership has to wake up.

The season ended over two weeks ago and so far the team hasn't done a dam@ thing.  No releasing of some of the stiffs, no trades, no manager.  This is already starting to look a lot like last season's aftermatch to me.  The team must get busy now.

[/QUOTE]

You talking to me?  What does my question about Jeter/3B/2013 have to do with your rant?

[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with your take on Jeter moving to third.  In fact, it might not be bad idea at all for the Yankees to consider moving him there.  I decided to answer the qestion in general and I picked your inadvertently to state my case that while the Yankees have problems they are much smaller than ours.  I hope you would agree that the Yankees problems are in a way a consolation to us is just a lot of bunk.  People on this board who have rose colored glasses on (and I'm not saying you 're one of them) must understand that the Red Sox are in deep trouble, that we are being led by inept people, that we have a long way to go to rectify our miserable performance this past season, and that we had better wake up to that fact.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I did enjoy their exit , the team fell apart .  I'm just glad my words back in July didn't come back to haunt me (that's when I said they were falling apart and the O's would take over) although O's taking over was dead wrong ! I've always hated the Yankees with a touch of respect.

and please stop saying the Yankees are getting old ..... I've been hearing this the past decade .  Sure they're not winning the World Series but they're always competitive and a pain in the derriere. Yankee fans should not be worried somehow the stars like going to NY and they have the $$$ to back it up.

With this being said the Red Sox have no choice to be competitive, to match the Yanks . Now just get the proper manager !

and Yonkers the season ended 6months ago : )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know of any Sox fan who wouldn't trade the season we suffered though for the one you guys got to live. My hope is next year I get to see better baseball from the Sox. If that happens I will be sure to send a thankyou note to the Dodgers ownership.

[/QUOTE]

Guess you are right...at least the Yankees gave themselves a chance for a ring. They fell short, but they were playing great baseball for a long time. Our team stunk from opening day.

[/QUOTE]

I still as a SOX fan will take what happened this season. If the choice were to switch places with the Yanks season, I will stay with the Sox.  The Sox won by getting rid on those huge contracts. Thanks LA. Now more or less it is just Lackey's contract left. The Sox wiped the slate clean. And with Dice K coming off the books, they have a fresh start. The Yanks don't have that luxury. In the end, the Sox are the clear winners.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My Yanks won many games during with the home run vs. inferior pitching. They led the world in HRs. They tired, some went into a slump at the worst time, and they faced much better pitching in the postseason. ARod seems to have a hole in his swing but he might remedy that. Swisher will be gone and replaced with a better option.

[/QUOTE]

In the last decade or since they've won their last WS how many times were the Yanks leading the majors in homeruns ?  or at least top3 ?   Now let's calculate how many times that equated to winning it all . 

Playoff baseball is just so different .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi Zac,

My interest in the remaining games this year is all but done.

Hope to enjoy what's left of the boating season and follow hot stove in the months ahead.

Look forward to trading thoughts when things heat up.

me too my friend

that's why I'm going to let you continue to think

that the yanks haven't won twice this century

enjoy what's left to the boating season

[/QUOTE]GM Zac,

"let you continue to think Yanks haven't won twice this century"

Since you are a good friend I will count the Yanks 2000 Championship as being in the 21st. century. It's the least I can do.

On another note landing Farrell and not giving up anything of real value was a very good thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't know of any Sox fan who wouldn't trade the season we suffered though for the one you guys got to live. My hope is next year I get to see better baseball from the Sox. If that happens I will be sure to send a thankyou note to the Dodgers ownership.

[/QUOTE]

Guess you are right...at least the Yankees gave themselves a chance for a ring. They fell short, but they were playing great baseball for a long time. Our team stunk from opening day.

[/QUOTE]

I still as a SOX fan will take what happened this season. If the choice were to switch places with the Yanks season, I will stay with the Sox.  The Sox won by getting rid on those huge contracts. Thanks LA. Now more or less it is just Lackey's contract left. The Sox wiped the slate clean. And with Dice K coming off the books, they have a fresh start. The Yanks don't have that luxury. In the end, the Sox are the clear winners.

[/QUOTE]

Coming off a historically bad season, not being in the PS since 2008, and given their prospects for next yr, this is delusional.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

My Yanks won many games during with the home run vs. inferior pitching. They led the world in HRs. They tired, some went into a slump at the worst time, and they faced much better pitching in the postseason. ARod seems to have a hole in his swing but he might remedy that. Swisher will be gone and replaced with a better option.

[/QUOTE]

Disagree; Cashman still doesn't get it. I'd rather they hit about 140 HRs and have some balance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Disagree; Cashman still doesn't get it. I'd rather they hit about 140 HRs and have some balance.

[/QUOTE]

PIKE....the irony

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[/QUOTE]

Coming off a historically bad season, not being in the PS since 2008, and given their prospects for next yr, this is delusional

Delusional? No, debateable.  Short, medium or long term?

John Sickels prospects July 2012:

Top 166:  10 Sox  6 NYY

Top 120:  7 Sox  4 NYY

(Sickels predicted correctly the rise of almost every one of the top 30 pitchers of 2012 when they were prospects.) http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/10/19/3527668/how-the-aces-of-2012-were-graded-as-prospects

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/7/2/3130761/top-120-prospect-list-for-2012-midseason-revision-update

So it all down to current rosters and FA.  

Sabathia is visiting Dr Andrews, http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/cc-sabathia-concerned-about-pitching-elbow-dr-james-andrews-to-examine.html  Hughes, Pineda, and Nova  vs Lester, Buchholz, and Doubront.

I'd take the NYY in the short term but not the medium or long term.

All in all, both teams will need some luck and great moves to repeat the high standards of the past decade.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Coming off a historically bad season, not being in the PS since 2008, and given their prospects for next yr, this is delusional

(Sickels predicted correctly the rise of almost every one of the top 30 pitchers of 2012 when they were prospects.) http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/10/19/3527668/how-the-aces-of-2012-were-graded-as-prospects

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/7/2/3130761/top-120-prospect-list-for-2012-midseason-revision-update

Sabathia is visiting Dr Andrews, http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/cc-sabathia-concerned-about-pitching-elbow-dr-james-andrews-to-examine.html  Hughes, Pineda, and Nova  vs Lester, Buchholz, and Doubront.

All in all, both teams will need some luck and great moves to repeat the high standards of the past decade.

[/QUOTE]

Debatable that the RS are clear winners last yr? RU kidding? Regarding medium & long term projections; that is always a fuzzy area that can ALWAYS be debatable, for a long list of reasons, of course, both on & off the field. To wit, I thought after 2007 the RS would dominate for the next decade. Who knew?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Duplicate

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Debatable that the RS are clear winners last yr? RU kidding? Regarding medium & long term projections; that is always a fuzzy area that can ALWAYS be debatable, for a long list of reasons, of course, both on & off the field. To wit, I thought after 2007 the RS would dominate for the next decade. Who knew?

[/QUOTE]

Of course, now the NYY have their own set of challanges; 2 marvelous, young teams that shall rule the roost in the ALE unless Cashman realizes his hitters aren't so good after all; and even then it may not matter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course, now the NYY have their own set of challanges; 2 marvelous, young teams that shall rule the roost in the ALE unless Cashman realizes his hitters aren't so good after all; and even then it may not matter.

[/QUOTE]

The Yanks will not sign Josh Hamilton because Hal S. is no George S., and he is more concerned about the $ bottom line...Still, it would be a huge upgrade over Swisher, and he might put up monster numbers in Yankee Stadium...Are we to avoid all big contracts now because of A-Rod...I realize that Hamilton has serious issues, but The Yanks need to do something big to keep putting a high number of fannies in those seats...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Don't think Hamilton is the way to go unless they can rid themselves of Alex and his contract. Since that seems unlikely and NY having to probably give s tupid contract to Cano after next year, I don't see the Hamilton signing.

Sections
Shortcuts