All you CC haters...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

All you CC haters...

Stop blaming everything on CC.  He had a rough first year in Sox uniform. not a terrible one.  He just did not play well enough as we hoped he would be.  He had little below average batting avg which is .255 however he hit .283 against RHP.  His 11 hrs is his average.  RBI column needs little improvement but he had to move around in batting orders. 

I could not believe my eyes when I saw ppl writing about trading him away only after just one bad year.  They don't know what they are talking about. 
    CC will rebound next year or in postseason.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: All you CC haters...

Probably when he played in Tampa half of the seniors in attendance were asleep by the 5th inning and never had a clue who won the game.  Now he is dealing with knowledgeable fans and very unforgiving fans.  When you take the money you better produce in Fenway.  I give him a pass the first year but next year he needs to be what the Sox paid for...no excuses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

If Sox knew Ellsbury was going to be this good I don't think they would have signed him, a RH bat made sense then and even more now. There is no good place to hit him and batting 6th or 7th takes away his speed somewhat. I too think he will perform better in years to come, and will be able to move up in line-up once Jacoby walks as a FA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

In Response to All you CC haters...:
    [QUOTE]Stop blaming everything on CC.  He had a rough first year in Sox uniform. not a terrible one.  He just did not play well enough as we hoped he would be.  He had little below average batting avg which is .255 however he hit .283 against RHP.  His 11 hrs is his average.  RBI column needs little improvement but he had to move around in batting orders.  I could not believe my eyes when I saw ppl writing about trading him away only after just one bad year.  They don't know what they are talking about.  CC will rebound next year or in postseason.  
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

So why is he taking home 14 million for C+ seasson?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Maybe the Sox lineup will begin to look like the Yankee lineup...tough top to bottom.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I wish Crawford had showed some ability to take over games and perform as he did in Tampa.  He has let down in all significant categories.  To suggest otherwise is to not be dealing in the truth. His .255 and 11 home runs has been as inconsequential as with any starting player I have ever seen. He has been a bust. 

If he has  great seasons in the years to come I will be thrilled to be wrong but I will bet he won't ever do it in Boston with Ellsbury here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

In Response to All you CC haters...:
    [QUOTE]Stop blaming everything on CC.  He had a rough first year in Sox uniform. not a terrible one.  He just did not play well enough as we hoped he would be.  He had little below average batting avg which is .255 however he hit .283 against RHP.  His 11 hrs is his average.  RBI column needs little improvement but he had to move around in batting orders.  I could not believe my eyes when I saw ppl writing about trading him away only after just one bad year.  They don't know what they are talking about.  CC will rebound next year or in postseason.  
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

there's only 2 things wrong with your post:
    1) there will be no post season for the SOX for crawful to rebound in.
    2) crawful will not rebound next season either, although , maybe, he can get his OBP at .300.

what crawful should do; the morally right thing to do, is give back most of the money he stole this season. there's people in prison for long stretches who stole a lot less than crawful. same goes for slackey.
    i don't hate either crawful or slackey; i hate the fool that signed both of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

PLEASE!

Nobody hates CC!  Nobody!  I'd say 95% (EASY!) were pretty damned excited when he was signed!  Most were a bit shocked by the OUTRAGEOUS size & scope of the contract, but were still glad to have him.

Any way you slice it.......... Crawford has had a pretty terrible year!  Even if he had come in making $750,000.00 as a "stop gap" outfielder, the guy would be getting RIPPED!  Look at our stop gap RF's Reddick!  He started out like gang-busters, but has considerably stumbled.  Still having a pretty decent year at the plate, but his fielding is suspect......  The kid is getting RIPPED!  So, to click your heals & wish away the criticism, is just flat silly.

I like Crawford!  I'm pulling for him......  I will continue to pull for him..........
    BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let's face it!  He actually deserves all the criticism he's getting!  He has been thoroughly unreliable at the plate & in the field. 

I PRAY this is simply an anomaly in his otherwise pretty good career!  I also PRAY he is tougher than many hand wringing fans!  If NOT????????  We're s c r e w e d.................................

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

In Response to Re: All you CC haters...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All you CC haters... : save this post for later...of course the poster will be on a different name soon...
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

it's the boring apologists like you that never get banned. btw, having a pole surgically removed from one's behind, well, i have to believe that's gonna hurt.
    i'll also expect an apology from you when the SOX don't make the playoffs.
    i mean, crawful's already apologized for stinking up the works; slackey hasn't because slackey's an azz. so don't be a slackey azz, and please apologize.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well his offense has been pretty anemic, however he has hit well in the clutch, hopefully that will bode well for the playoffs...if we get there

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]well his offense has been pretty anemic, however he has hit well in the clutch, hopefully that will bode well for the playoffs...if we get there
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

funny you mentioned CLUTCH, because crawful hasn't gotten out of 1st gear all year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well crawford has had a few walkoffs and some big hits, he hit a big grand slam vs the rangers and we desperately needed that, i know hes been bad, but not as bad as some of u say

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]well crawford has had a few walkoffs and some big hits, he hit a big grand slam vs the rangers and we desperately needed that, i know hes been bad, but not as bad as some of u say
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

if crawful was getting the league minimum, i would still say he was  having a bad season; but he'd be a lot easier to get rid of.
    this is a GIANT ALBATROSS that will haunt the SOX for the next 6 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All you CC haters... : it's the boring apologists like you that never get banned. btw, having a pole surgically removed from one's behind, well, i have to believe that's gonna hurt. i'll also expect an apology from you when the SOX don't make the playoffs. i mean, crawful's already apologized for stinking up the works; slackey hasn't because slackey's an azz. so don't be a slackey azz, and please apologize.
    Posted by sadsax[/QUOTE]

Sadsax, if you had it your way, even with the benefit of retrospect, what would you have done differently in the past two off-seasons?  Would you have signed Werth to a long-term contract?  He's arguably been worse than Crawford this year.  Chone Figgins or Jason Bay in 2010?  Those were the other big name signing.  Did you want to re-sign Beltre?  We would be five back of the Rays right now if we'd done that.  Don't say Lee, because he left money and years on the table to go to Philly; nobody else really had a shot.  The only big time FA who has done well the past 2 years is Holliday, and he's out for the season - I find it hard to believe you would give Theo a pass on that one. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i think lackey will haunt the sox as long as hes here, but its not like the redsox were going to get a better left fielder anyway...yes hes been a bust, but he hasnt been haunting the sox, he just has had an off year for his standards, and you gotta remember he never played for a big market team like the sox...up until a few years, the rays were the biggest joke in baseball

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All you CC haters... : Sadsax, if you had it your way, even with the benefit of retrospect, what would you have done differently in the past two off-seasons?  Would you have signed Werth to a long-term contract?  He's arguably been worse than Crawford this year.  Chone Figgins or Jason Bay in 2010?  Those were the other big name signing.  Did you want to re-sign Beltre?  We would be five back of the Rays right now if we'd done that.  Don't say Lee, because he left money and years on the table to go to Philly; nobody else really had a shot.  The only big time FA who has done well the past 2 years is Holliday, and he's out for the season - I find it hard to believe you would give Theo a pass on that one. 
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

there's a new curse in town people: THE CURSE OF THE DUMBTHEO!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

In Tampa Crawford was a big fish in a little pond. Pitchers threw him a lot of fastballs, the only big bat in the lineup was Longoria, so they pitched around Crawford somewhat.

In Boston, they look at the Sox lineup and say we have to get Crawford out, they can't pitch around every body. Who would you rather pitch to, Gonzo, Papi, Ells, Pedroia, Youk ( first half)  My point is Crawford is a guy they feel they can get out, he has no discipline, they know he's under pressure. So they really focus on getting him out. The man has 22 walks in 485 PA .

The bad news is that ain't going to change, as long as he is an island in the batting order, they will focus on getting Crawford out. Lots of breaking stuff, he is a bust and destined to continue his mediocre Red Sox career.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All you CC haters... : there's a new curse in town people: THE CURSE OF THE DUMBTHEO!
    Posted by sadsax[/QUOTE]

In other words, you have nothing but a mantra.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All you CC haters... : In other words, you have nothing but a mantra.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

correct, but it's a good mantra and i hope it will stick long after i'm banned again.
    red sox nation must band together and motivate dumbtheo to take that cubs' job. however, i still can't believe the cubs' ownership would be that stupid.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Sounds to me that you hope that he continues to be mediocre. Label it as "conduct unbecoming of a Red Sox fan".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds to me thay you hope that he continues to be mediocre. Label it as "conduct unbecoming of a Red Sox fan".
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

you'll have my resignation in the morning, sir.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds to me thay you hope that he continues to be mediocre. Label it as "conduct unbecoming of a Red Sox fan".
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Sometimes the truth hurts, what part of my statement is false? The PA's , the walks. I left out the steals, the RBI's, the poor fielding. The fact that he got a lot of carpet hits in Tampa. He is one of the reasons, if they miss the playoffs, that they miss the playoffs. Many times this year he could have gotten a key hit to ice a game. I don't make this stuff up, the records are there if you care to look.

The guy has a huge paycheck, but he must be under a lot of pressure. 
    Maybe next year that will reduce, that's what they said about Lackey, what happened ? Lackey got worse. 

I hope that won't be the case with Crawford, but as long as they focus on getting him out, he is in trouble, he has too many holes in his strike zone. Low and away, up , anything on the outside of the plate. He has the plate discipline of a .200 hitter. He gets away with it with his athletic ability. The guy has all the physical tools. So what's the problem?  The head. Hard to correct that one.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Aussie, you said:
    "he is a bust and destined to continue his mediocre Red Sox career"

How can you predict what he will do during the next six years? Nobody can. Red Sox fans should hope that he does well. You sound like an upset child having a temper tantrum.

Sections
Shortcuts