All you need to know about this team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lardin. Show lardin's posts

All you need to know about this team

Is that, Mike Aviles was the one talking to the press after the game, Pedroia, Ortiz and Agon either left early or refused comment. 

Thats what you call great leadership (heavy sarcasm). 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lardin. Show lardin's posts

Re: All you need to know about this team

In Response to Re: All you need to know about this team:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, disagree. The way the press members are why would any player want to talk to them? They don't ask pertinent questions they try to make a news story by posing questions in a way that creates controversy and then they act all surprised and taken aback by the answers. There are more Shaughnessys and Massarotti than journalists but they try to blend in among real journalists hoping noone will notice their poison pens are fully loaded and aimed.
    Posted by Flattiehater[/QUOTE]

Its easy to stand up and talk to the press when your winning and every thing is going well. You learn all you need to know about people when they face adversity.  This is the first time Ortiz and Pedroia, have faced this type of scrutiny, what do they do, they run and hide.   This is when its apparent that the Sox miss the personalties and the accountablitly of Damon, Schiling, Varitek or even someone like Mo Vaughn.  I am not saying to bring these players back, they are no longer that talented.  What I mean is a team needs strong leadership, players who stand up and are held accountable.  Look at the Yankees, The only time, Derek Jeter does not answer questions after a game, win or lose, is if hes on DL and away from the team.  When Tex goes 0-4 with four strikeouts hes standing there answering questions.  When Hughes has a bad start, he answers all the questions.  When MO blows a save, he answers every question about if hes done as a close.  Even Arod does not blow off the press. 

When the players become accountable, leadership will be restored and the team will turn it around, but not until then..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All you need to know about this team : Its easy to stand up and talk to the press when your winning and every thing is going well. You learn all you need to know about people when they face adversity.  This is the first time Ortiz and Pedroia, have faced this type of scrutiny, what do they do, they run and hide.   This is when its apparent that the Sox miss the personalties and the accountablitly of Damon, Schiling, Varitek or even someone like Mo Vaughn.  I am not saying to bring these players back, they are no longer that talented.  What I mean is a team needs strong leadership, players who stand up and are held accountable.  Look at the Yankees, The only time, Derek Jeter does not answer questions after a game, win or lose, is if hes on DL and away from the team.  When Tex goes 0-4 with four strikeouts hes standing there answering questions.  When Hughes has a bad start, he answers all the questions.  When MO blows a save, he answers every question about if hes done as a close.  Even Arod does not blow off the press.  When the players become accountable, leadership will be restored and the team will turn it around, but not until then..
    Posted by lardin[/QUOTE]

Your mouth is flapping about your yankees.He answers all the questions? Unless your there after every Yankee game we need you to prove this .We need you to be accountable for your words.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, disagree. The way the press members are why would any player want to talk to them? They don't ask pertinent questions they try to make a news story by posing questions in a way that creates controversy and then they act all surprised and taken aback by the answers. There are more Shaughnessys and Massarotti than journalists but they try to blend in among real journalists hoping noone will notice their poison pens are fully loaded and aimed.
    Posted by Flattiehater[/QUOTE]

I agree you disagree .Very good answer... spot on !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

pedroia needs to step up and be the man of the clubhouse.....espescially after those comments he made a few days ago

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I don't know. I don't think I'd want to talk to the media either after that. I don't blame them at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Why would anyone in their right mind agree to talk to Shaugnessy or anyone of his ilk ever?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lardin. Show lardin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All you need to know about this team : Your mouth is flapping about your yankees.He answers all the questions? Unless your there after every Yankee game we need you to prove this .We need you to be accountable for your words.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Have you ever a read a newspaper article, where Jeter Says "Im not talking today"

I didnt think so.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Ortiz and DP have been standing up and taking questions since the beginning of September, and things have pretty much stunk consistently since then.  How many times and in how many different ways can the same players keep saying over and over again, "we stunk," we need to play better," etc.  Not fair to call them out after not making themselves available for a change.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lardin. Show lardin's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz and DP have been standing up and taking questions since the beginning of September, and things have pretty much stunk consistently since then.  How many times and in how many different ways can the same players keep saying over and over again, "we stunk," we need to play better," etc.  Not fair to call them out after not making themselves available for a change.  
    Posted by kt888[/QUOTE]

Your right if they had lost 4-3.  But after game like Saturdays where you blow a 9 run lead, and lose by six, the leaders of the team, I.E. Captain in everything but name Pedroia need to act like it and not leave the answering questions duties to players no one wants to hear from any way..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to All you need to know about this team:
    [QUOTE]Is that, Mike Aviles was the one talking to the press after the game, Pedroia, Ortiz and Agon either left early or refused comment.  Thats what you call great leadership (heavy sarcasm). 
    Posted by lardin[/QUOTE]

in defense of Gonzalez, he hadn't actually left; he was just taking a great big nap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]pedroia needs to step up and be the man of the clubhouse.....espescially after those comments he made a few days ago
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I actually don't want Pedroia to talk for the team.  When he talks he almost always says something incredibly selfish and stupid.

If he keeps his mouth shut he is easier to like.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]Person: "The sun is hot" Dopes:  "Have you ever been on the sun?  If you haven't been on the sun, then you can't prove it's hot."
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

Not even close to a good analogy. Every one knows the sun is hot. But only those in the clubhouse know if he has had occasion not to speak to the media. So unless you have been there you and no one else except those in the clubhouse know. I bet Jeter has had days he has not spoken to the media. I'll also say they give him a lot of leeway and won't say if he does not speak to the media on occasion. It is because he is Derek Jeter that the writers will leave it alone.

In Boston since Ted Williams the writers in this town have always said anything they wanted to about the Red Sox. They have always made mountains out of mole hills just like last years chicken thing. Which was not the reason they failed.

If you don't think that the media loves to beat up on the RS then why is the story of the RS collapse still on the front sports page of Boston.com since October 12, 2011.

What is amazing with the recent events is that the guy I never thought would get thrown under the bus by fans has---Pedroia----.

21. This post has been removed.